Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Coming Prestige's Effects On Eq - The Good And The Bad.

matrixEXO

Alright, time to break it down.

The Good: Allows for more mods or higher-ranked mods to be equipped.

The Bad: If done wrong, allows for 8 fully maxed mods to be equipped.

OK, what I am trying to say is: Think! If all your unpolarized slots (or at least half of it, rounded down) are capable of being modded, how many points would you actually use in total? And what are your balance mod points (out of 60 points because that's the highest we get and the highest we will use)?

I have thought about it and the Prestige system needs to be finely-tuned for better accommodation to the "mod points" limiter system while being flexible enough to allow people to apply the mods they really want. Thus, my final conclusion is to allow us to only change 1 unpolarized mod slot into a polarized mod slot, no matter how many Prestiges were done.

Instead, each Prestige past 1 allow us to change any non-ability polarized slots into non-polarized slots. The equipment will save whatever guaranteed polarity slots that were available on purchase/craft and if the Prestige polarized slot was chosen, allows us to change it's polarity. Thus, we get to "store" polarities that we do not like but was given to us and change polarities of a Prestiged mod slot. You can place the stored polarity back down but doing so will cost a level and cannot be removed until you have at least 1 Prestige point.

What are your thoughts on my breakdown of the Prestige that obviously is not confirmed, the way it works?

Edited by matrixEXO

I think there are just too many unknowns about what they will implement.

I agree that allowing truly free-form polarity changes of all 8 slots (even if that takes 8 prestige runs) will allow ridiculously powerful frames.

Edited by HvcTerr

I think there are just too many unknowns about what they will implement.

I agree that allowing truly free-form polarity changes of all 8 slots (even if that takes 8 prestige runs) will allow ridiculously powerful frames.

Frames are at 6, Weapons at 8. But yeah.

In a way, the polarity slots will let non-potato weapons to become just as good with more mods, spending time to level it. But for potato'd weapons I have no idea is really the point. I guess if you want that perfect ultra god mode weapon.

Yes you're going to be able to equip a bunch of fully-powered mods, but it's going to be a very specialized set of fully powered mods. I mean, lets say you have a frost or rhino and you've changed all of your slots to defense slots. You're going to be able to apply all of the defensive mods (Redirection, fast deflection, vitality, steel fiber, marathon, and quick rest), but any other useful mods like flow, reach, streamline and rush will cost more points.

Yes you're going to be able to equip a bunch of fully-powered mods, but it's going to be a very specialized set of fully powered mods. I mean, lets say you have a frost or rhino and you've changed all of your slots to defense slots. You're going to be able to apply all of the defensive mods (Redirection, fast deflection, vitality, steel fiber, marathon, and quick rest), but any other useful mods like flow, reach, streamline and rush will cost more points.

I know that but try translating it into weapons. It's kind of ridiculous. All the damage mods for a shotgun (Damage+, Multishot, AP, Ice, Fire, Electrical, Crit %, Crit Dmg+) would turn the most powerful shotgun currently ingame into a god slayer. Just think! It's that bad.

They could allow for one or two "no polarity" slots to be converted into a particular polarity. After those two are polarized, then all they can do is adjust the polarities. :D

I do wonder though, whether Mastery will be reobtainable after these Prestiges. My rank 8 would look very normal then D:

Edited by Azure_Kyte

I do wonder though, whether Mastery will be reobtainable after these Prestiges. My rank 8 would look very normal then D:

What I really want is Prestige effects, like Mire giving a gasy expulsion or Scindo giving a sharp glint. Something that makes Prestige more... noticeable.

I think instead of adding it will allow you to change one. No new polarity slots, just the ability to customize that  slot.

I think that'd have to happen after first prestige or something, since a lot of weapons don't have a polarity slot. 

Could someone kindly point me in the direction of where I can find out more about this prestige system? It sounds really cool from what I've read here but I am a little lost about what everyone is talking about...thx for any directions haha

If they do implement unlimited prestige polarization, they'd better make it so the resets required go up by powers of 2. 2 4 8 16 32 64, so it'd take extremely long to upgrade that last slot.

OR... you could gain two total extra polarized slots at most.

Edited by Vaskadar

Could someone kindly point me in the direction of where I can find out more about this prestige system? It sounds really cool from what I've read here but I am a little lost about what everyone is talking about...thx for any directions haha

At 28:00 onwards. Roughly.

Thanks for showing me that, now that I understand it, I hope they put it into place, it would really make sense to me, especially for the crazy level 80 enemies you can get on wave 20-25 in certain worlds....

level 84 toxic ancient? Yeah...have fun with that right now....prestiged weapons? ....Becomes doable imo

I think instead of adding it will allow you to change one. No new polarity slots, just the ability to customize that  slot.

It'll allow you to change the polarity of a slot. Changing a slot from no polarity to V is also changing the polarity of a slot.

prestige depends a lot on what content will be implemented later on.

right now, the level cap is 30, but there are enemies that are beyond that level. maybe we will get some missions after pluto with enemies that are 60+ or 80+ level where we will NEED prestiged weapons. although, prestige would enable us to relevel one of our favourite weapons, thus gain mastery points and that's another thing. mastery rank is only used to unlock a few weapons right now. maybe DE is going to release more content, or skills, or mods that will need specific mastery ranks.

just like someone already said, we don't know what is going to be implemented so talking about that kind of things right now is just speculating

The way I understood it, it would only allow you to do it once.

Seems balanced enough to me: weapons with a polarity slot by default would get 2 max, those without would get 1.

I don't see the point of doing it multiple times anyway. You would not be able to benefit from it, your weapons/frames always being leveling.

And there's only so much mods you can put till every slot is filled with maxed mods.