Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Freemium (South Park)

TheErebus.

Being a huge south park fan, I've recently watched the Episode "Fremium Isn't Free" ( if you want to watch it, here's the official site where all known episodes are: http://southpark.cc.com/full-episodes/s18e06-freemium-isnt-free#source=fba639b0-ae4d-49b0-9d5d-addb27823f4b:c6cbd5e3-7eae-4cc3-94b7-119c8d412f99&position=6&sort=!airdate )

I've seen people around the forums use the clip that states (I've gotten the script from the south park wiki):

Prince: Ey! We know the game's not great, but who cares? It's free! Phillip: But it's not free! If you charge 40 cents here and 50 cents there, then it's not free!

As well as this part:

Kyle: It's still stupid and now I paid 49 cents for it!

Cartman: [approaching wit Kenny] What are you two b*ners doing?

Butters: We're playing the Terrance & Phillip Freemium Game.

Cartman: I played that thing; it's f***ing' dumb. I ended up paying like five bucks.

But here's another part of the episode that goes against these clips:

Phillip: We understand micropaying, but can't the game hidden inside the charade it- just at least be fun?

And what is warframe?

FUN. 

Hell even Satan himself says this: 

Satan: No, see, if something's addictive because it's fun, that's one thing. But this is just blatant Skinner box manipulation.

Unlike mobile games in which they rarely ever put in the amount of effort that a game like warframe or Blacklight: Retribution, the latter games provide much more complex gameplay that lets people have fun.

In mobile games, they tend to be very low in gameplay value. And so in order to counter this, they start to add in payment options that affect the game itself in order to make it better. They shout it "ITS FREE" but in the end, it turns out that time walls affect the gameplay majorly. 

Like with a certain star trek mobile game. In it, it is a literal cash cow because it constantly shoves areas in which you need to pay for in order to progress.

Do you have to do this in warframe? No. Not at all.

Of course warframe has time walls, and these of course are blocking some form of progression. But you can still progress through the game with the gear that you already have. 

My friend himself did this. He started warframe 1 month ago (give or take), and he has progressed to the point that he now has 4 frames a plentiful amount of weaponry. All without paying a single dime.

Edited by TheErebus

You friends , fun , drink , hot girls , drink some more , you're  hot, drink , hot girls, a$$ expensive cars , drink,, vodka , pu**y,  a$$ , drink more,   vodka you in a tuxedo f***ing this girl, vodka p***y a $$ more , drink drink , ore vodka more cars ore pu**y DRINK DRINK DRINK......Drink responsibly :)

Same for me I think x)

been playing actively for a few months, got 13 frames now :)

That's one thing I love about Warframe, the only thing that you have to pay for is aesthetic stuff, with the exception of Warframe slots. Everything else can be acquired through normal play with a fair amount of grinding and waiting (3 hour wait to change kubrows is still bullS#&$ though). Even the stuff that you do have to pay for, you dont HAVE to pay for; you can take a few trips to the trading tab and become a businesstenno. Money doesn't even buy you everything out of the game; a lot of the Clantech actually needs to be researched and built.

You friends , fun , drink , hot girls , drink some more , you're  hot, drink , hot girls, a$$ expensive cars , drink,, vodka , pu**y,  a$$ , drink more,   vodka you in a tuxedo f***ing this girl, vodka p***y a $$ more , drink drink , ore vodka more cars ore pu**y DRINK DRINK DRINK......Drink responsibly :)

Same for me I think x)

been playing actively for a few months, got 13 frames now :)

That's one thing I love about Warframe, the only thing that you have to pay for is aesthetic stuff, with the exception of Warframe slots. Everything else can be acquired through normal play with a fair amount of grinding and waiting (3 hour wait to change kubrows is still bullS#&$ though). Even the stuff that you do have to pay for, you dont HAVE to pay for; you can take a few trips to the trading tab and become a businesstenno. Money doesn't even buy you everything out of the game; a lot of the Clantech actually needs to be researched and built.

I forgot to mention that there is only 1 thing that requires actual money and halts progression. Weapon and warframe slots. 

Each of which cost about 20-25 plat each. The plat offers only $5 for about 75 plat. 

You can buy quite a bit of slots with that amount of plat that you can just get for $5.

I forgot to mention that there is only 1 thing that requires actual money and halts progression. Weapon and warframe slots. 

Each of which cost about 20-25 plat each. The plat offers only $5 for about 75 plat. 

You can buy quite a bit of slots with that amount of plat that you can just get for $5.

The slots don't halt progression, they halt hoarding; I've bought slots for every one of my frames, even though some of them I haven't touched since they hit thirty, and I constantly find myself keeping weapons that "I'm going to make builds for at some point". Although, I suppose in the case of Warframe slots, it is helpful to have multiple playstyle options available.

The slots don't halt progression, they halt hoarding; I've bought slots for every one of my frames, even though some of them I haven't touched since they hit thirty, and I constantly find myself keeping weapons that "I'm going to make builds for at some point". Although, I suppose in the case of Warframe slots, it is helpful to have multiple playstyle options available.

Don't they halt progression because you can't get a weapon/warframe if all slots are filled?

Warframe slot=20 Plat

2 Weapon slots=12 plat

2 Sentinel slots=12 plat

Kubrow slot=10 plat

Don't they halt progression because you can't get a weapon/warframe if all slots are filled?

You sell the ones that you aren't as fond of.

Warframe slot=20 Plat

2 Weapon slots=12 plat

2 Sentinel slots=12 plat

Kubrow slot=10 plat

Wise tenno wait for discounts. Does anybody actually buy sentinel slots? You have plenty of those already.