The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Else Worried About The Hubs?

Llyssa

What's to say the space they showed off in the DevStream is all there is to the hubs? They might be much bigger than that in the end, with other rooms we haven't been shown yet. For one thing, they sneakily neglected to show off that Arcade room that Steve has been geeking over and Scott has been dreading. ;D

I don't see "even more pointless walking around than demonstrated" as a selling point. <.<

The hubs are going to be hosted on dedicated servers that will be setup for only the hubs.   Which is different then how missions and dojos work, with his peer to peer, in which a single person computer and network take the blunt of all the traffic.   And if the persons network and system can't handle it you get lag.   

With a dedicated server though the only times you get lag, is when your own network is having issues or when the network the server is on is having issues.   It has nothing to do with system or hardware like a peer to peer system focuses heavily on.  So the thoughts of framerates tanking shouldn't happen, unless something major happens to mess up either DE's network, or your own.  But I got a feeling that even when they do release them, some opitmizing patches will be released to help things out, cause joining a dedicated server that you are close too doesn't produce much lag time, or delays as someone on the otherside of the world would. 

So expect some hiccups but otherwise thigns should be okay.

i just cant wrap my head around all of the syndicates in the same space like that. It makes them look like a bunch of LARPers.

Would be funny if they'd trigger some ridiculous fights in the bar with the Tennos randomly joining the brawl.

tumblr_m8h49yQl8R1qddbrs.gif

But that's something only to dream about. ^^

Edited by MeduSalem

I hope it will have these

On low settings, we would normally see uncolored excaliburs with no weapons as other players and names above them to reduce the stress on the computer.

There would be a slider option available to set how many detailed warframes you would want to see.

Using an elevator/teleporter/the docking bay thingy to transit from clannels for each regoins i guess

a nice camera panning around the hubs as an intro from liset.

Edited by CrystalRibbon

The hubs are going to be hosted on dedicated servers that will be setup for only the hubs.   Which is different then how missions and dojos work, with his peer to peer, in which a single person computer and network take the blunt of all the traffic.   And if the persons network and system can't handle it you get lag.   

With a dedicated server though the only times you get lag, is when your own network is having issues or when the network the server is on is having issues.   It has nothing to do with system or hardware like a peer to peer system focuses heavily on.  So the thoughts of framerates tanking shouldn't happen, unless something major happens to mess up either DE's network, or your own.  But I got a feeling that even when they do release them, some opitmizing patches will be released to help things out, cause joining a dedicated server that you are close too doesn't produce much lag time, or delays as someone on the otherside of the world would. 

So expect some hiccups but otherwise thigns should be okay.

We're not talking about lag, which is an internet bandwidth usage problem, we're talking about FPS loss, which is a CPU/GPU capacity problem. I'm sure the lag will be quite tolerable thanks to hosting. However, if non-hosts are having FPS loss, the problem should persist unless the engine gets a major overhaul.