Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arsenal Tweak - Extra Loadout Slots

MidgetManiacIan

Tenno,

I have become increasingly annoyed at only having a limited number of Load-out slots, so I propose a solution.

The issue is that servers are expensive so keeping many load outs saved on the cloud isn't viable.

Which leads to an obvious solution, keep the same number of cloud saved load-outs available for all Tenno, but add the option to save an infinite number of load-outs client side.

This simple tweak, while not costing DE anything at all, will make the game that much more enjoyable, since we can finally a load-out for every Frame that we own, instead of manually having to change you load-out every. single. time.

But Tenno, you have your own ideas, so I ask you to comment and share them with us all.

Even a resounding no will aid our quest for a better game.

no...

first of all it takes what... 2-3 sec to change frame weapons and sentinals.... maybe as high as 10 sec to change to a different mod setup

second the number of loadout slots is determined by mastery rank... think its 8 loadout slots at Mrank 17...

theres no reson to add more loadout slots...

theres no reson to add more loadout slots...

Actually, there is. I am MR15 at the moment, so I have 7 loadout slots. And I'd be more than happy if I had 15, to be honest (doesn't even need to be an infinite amount, just one per rank). Because it's not only swapping frames/weapons, but also switching to different mod layouts. And with the "new" UI with all its fancy transition animations, those times add up.

Actually, there is. I am MR15 at the moment, so I have 7 loadout slots. And I'd be more than happy if I had 15, to be honest (doesn't even need to be an infinite amount, just one per rank). Because it's not only swapping frames/weapons, but also switching to different mod layouts. And with the "new" UI with all its fancy transition animations, those times add up.

With each frame/weapon having 3 mod layouts this shouldn't be much of an issue. Like StarScribe said, Configuration D would be nice. Even better would be that each configuration was automatically tied to which faction you were fighting and automatically swapped. (I guess config E for pvp)

And the Idea to get more if you have a higher rank (+ the new syndicate mastery stuff) makes lvling and mastery-ing worth something...

The Issue I get with this is that I'm not leveling new Warframes and Weapons because I'm leaving my slots on my most used frames. Vicious circle moment.

- Lypiphera I like the idea of auto switching loud-outs based on faction, but the issue there is that would DE want to put in the effort for something so small, which loads off high level players are fine doing?

- Defes7 If they don't have the loud-outs on the "cloud" then how come if I log into a friends computer I still have my loud-outs?

- Lypiphera I like the idea of auto switching loud-outs based on faction, but the issue there is that would DE want to put in the effort for something so small, which loads off high level players are fine doing?

I really don't see it as that difficult to add, instead of listing A/B/C list each faction, then at launch it does a simply check on mission type and auto loads a particular mod set. It already parses our loadouts from DE, its not like it couldn't pick A/B/C for us.

- Defes7 If they don't have the loud-outs on the "cloud" then how come if I log into a friends computer I still have my loud-outs?

A single server doesn't make a cloud, even two or three don't. DE presumably has less then half a dozen servers of their own (if any), a deal with Highwinds (CDN/GDN) and another with the aptly named Black Lotus (DDoS protection). Please stop using "cloud" as the new buzzword for "somewhere on the internet". Thank you.

I really don't see it as that difficult to add, instead of listing A/B/C list each faction, then at launch it does a simply check on mission type and auto loads a particular mod set. It already parses our loadouts from DE, its not like it couldn't pick A/B/C for us.

Well, When it comes to coding all I can do is Lua, so I haven't a clue about the real difficulties involved, but again I must admit you have made a good argument.

A single server doesn't make a cloud, even two or three don't. DE presumably has less then half a dozen servers of their own (if any), a deal with Highwinds (CDN/GDN) and another with the aptly named Black Lotus (DDoS protection). Please stop using "cloud" as the new buzzword for "somewhere on the internet". Thank you.

Aptly noted... So what DO I call it?

well when you switch loadout all your gear go to default mod setup (A setup)

if it didnt i might actually use loadouts...

edit: just tried it and it seems like it does save it now... might actually use it for my 2 nova setups...

Edited by BoneBreakerx