Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If There Were A Tier System, Perhaps We Could Get Some Overall Better Weapons

Innocent_Flower

Weapons currently aren't balanced in a satisfying way. There are many weapons that require tons of resources, hours of research or grind and so on and so forth that just happen to not be good at all. On the otherhand there's some easy to obtain weapons that just outclass everything around them, discouraging players from branching out to try different things. 

Something like: 1,2,3

3.5 All prime weapons are equal to each other in strength. Dragon weapons are about here (because dragon weapons are the tenno's attempts to surpass their former masters. Arbiter of hexis stuff right there. Stalker/lower guardian items stay at this level too)  

3 Wraith and vandal weapons are between tenno and prime weapons. 

2 All tenno weapons, except those with prefixes like dragon or wraith, are equal to eachother. This makes sense because as each tenno is an elite warrior, each tenno weapon would therefore be suited for an elite warrior. 

1 Outdated weapons such as the braton, burston, strun and so on are roughly equal terms. 

1,2,3 Grineer/Corpus/Infested weapons are spread throughout the tiers. This is because these factions have both elite units as well as massed produced masses who require cheap weapons.  

Why?  

- That issue of two weapons being equally as difficult to obtain, but one is far more powerful or weaker. Example; Braton and boltor prime. 

- That issue of two weapons being the same in power, but one is far more difficult to obtain. Example; Lex and vasto

- That issue of an entire class of weapons not matching up to it's piers. Example; Scythes. 

- Story consistency. 

Mk-1 weapons.

So it struck me as extremely odd that we now start in a grineer controlled place with human and tenno weapons laid out on tables. Slightly better than waking up with a corpus weapon and two outdated tenno weapons from the orokin era. But anyhow; this selection of weapons doesn't feel appropriate. instead: 

Machete, furax, Stripped down amphis. 

Single viper. ?kraken/lato equivalent? A single pouch of grineer throwing impact-knives (which can be upgraded to a full pouch later on) 

Burston, Grakata,  ?slash bow? 

You could do that entirely with grineer weapons, or you could add dead human corpses to the  mission and give them a variety of old weapons. 

• 5 weeks later...

I also have a problem with the weapon scaling, as i am now experimenting with the Grakata, and so far it does seem better than the Soma.

Where should the great weapons and weak weapons be placed? i would think the weapons you get from market are for those who don't have forma and want to get prime parts. So these weapons i would think wouldn't be stronger than weapons in the Void or Dojo weapons. Weapons you get from the Void are as parts, and while these are powerful, you need to be running Void missions so you can get Forma Blueprints and/or Forma, which the dojo weapons require in order to build, so the Dojo weapons must be superior to both the Market and Void weapons right?

You have to reach Rank 7 to use the Supra, Rank 6 to get the Soma, Synapse. Rank 4 to use the Boltor Prime... Then you find out that the Boltor Prime is basically the best weapon in the game.

Now ranking up was all about just adding trading points to your ability to trade stuff. Now thanks to syndicates, we have a real reason to rank up because the higher your rank the more total points you can gain for the day towards the syndicate.

The Syndicate weapons first require you to know that the console is there, use descretion to choose fitting Syndicates to "initiate" into. Now they require a forma, a "Potato", and then prime parts that you would have needed built or as the part. So THESE weapons must be better than all the other weapons because of what you have to do to get them. But this is only Secondaries.

I still feel the Mara Detron was a very bad idea to begin with, but now it's a thing and i no longer have to bother building my regular detron.

The Mara Detron and the Syndicate weapons can be traded, so now someone who poured 30 dollars (example figure) can just buy the weapons of each syndicate and mod without doing any of the syndicates... which is great for the market BUT let's not forget about the UNTRADABLE special event weapons.....

In Special Events, players were able to get a very unique and specific weapon that could ONLY be SPECIFICALLY obtained in the event through the event. THESE weapons must surely be overpowered and make going to higher waves for players whom had been playing and paying WARFRAME so they can do that DPS you wish you had.

THIS STATEMENT IS FALSE

THIS ENTIRE POST IS FALSE!!

Thank you for your time to read all this, hope it wasn't a waste of time.

[brought to you by words, so many of them]

Edited by MageSkeleton

Still fail to see what this accomplishes. We are not playing ARMA, we are playing a DD/Borderlands hybrid shooter.

You can Forma practically anything to push 8K-10K which is plenty to clear any game content that does not mention the words "multiple hours" in it.

"discouraging players from branching out to try different things".

That's called "an opinion" to which I totally disagree. People will do whatever the hell they like, they will not "follow branches" because you entice them, there no way you can convince anyone to use a bow or a boomerang, unless they find the idea fun in the first place.

"Story consistency"

Yes, because I want my coop shooter to have MASSIVELY deep lore, just in case I start wondering why I have killed 75000 grineers.