Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Melee Keeps Bouncing Instead Of Latch On / Lock On The Ship

dethkittin

Question

Ok on Erpo (Earth) archwing interception when I melee an enemy my character jumps onto the ship and lands on it and I keep hitting it to kill it, it looks pretty cool and you really see the size difference in the ship and warframe when they usually look quite small cos of the distance - but is this actually a bug or something? Because when I do the Limbo archwing interception on Syrtis (Mars), *each swipe* of melee bounces me back, making it quite slow to hit and getting hit with a lot more bullets than when i was using the ship as a "human shield" whilst whacking on it - I can't work out how to get the "latch onto the ship" effect back, pressing the exact same button E on both missions, I thought at first it was because I was going forward with the sprint/turbo Shift key held down but I tried making sure I wasn't touching the W or up arrow or any direction buttons at all and it still seems to make me bounce away from the ship I'm hitting with every hit, whilst on Earth I can latch onto them fine?

Thanks for any help :(

6 answers to this question

That's the animation. You don't latch on to pods and whale on them, you swipe at them and then back off. That's how it is.

EDIT: Wait, do you mean you get pushed back after every hit? Maybe you're being hit by Dregs' energy bombs and are getting staggered.

Edited by Shion963

I redid Erpo (Earth) a few times and the limbo one Syrtis (Mars) and I think this may be something to do with lag, it definitely doesn't happen solo but in group sometimes it works - basically you land on the ship and stand on it and when you attack you keep hitting it, and it's easier to survive because you use the ship blocks some of the other ones' bullets... it seems like it might be a bug from what people are saying, I thought it was meant to be a feature :(

If this is a bug and not a feature it would be nice as a feature I think, I found it was much more practical to use melee when I could latch onto the ships/land on them and be able to hit them whilst being shielded from some shots by it

(the other (normal?) melee of hitting then bouncing back slightly is almost as bad as standing still, it makes melee not really practical to use at high level when bullets really hurt)

Edited by dethkittin