Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons Attachments System

-CM-Raven

Hello,

As the title say i would like to suggest a expansion to weapons customization by the implementation of a few extra mods slots for weapons in another panel dedicated only for mods like Hush , Eagle Eye , Ammo Drum , Arrow Mutation , Rifle Aptitude , Magazine Warp and other mods similar that tend to add tactical customization to the weapons and rarely being used due to the overflow of new mods with the passing of time.

The full and complete list of mods to be transfer to this new category as well as the number of slots designate to it could be discussed more on , i am more interested in the perception of the idea itself.

Thank you all for taking the time to read/post. 

Considering Warframes have auras

And melees have stances

I do support having something similar for weaponry, using existing mods. However, the mods would need to be completely re-balanced for it to actually be worth using.

Why bother have ammo drum when a mutation mods exist?

Why bother with eagle eye when you're rarely going to need a powerful zoom.

Rifle Apptitude is just lackluster compared to the event mods.

and so on an so forth.

I'd like to see it happen but i doubt DE is too keen on altering the amounts of slots weapons have.

I think the whole modding system would be improved by dividing certain kinds of mods between certain kinds of slots.  For example, Warframe would have Helmet, Chassis, and Systems slot; Chassis mods might be physical stats (Vitality, Redirection, Steel Fiber, etc.), Systems mods might be ability mods (Continuity, Stretch, Intensify, etc.), and Helmet mods might be sensory/special mods (Intruder, Enemy Sense, etc.).  Different Warframes might have a different number of slots for each component; Rhino would be focused on Chassis mods while Loki might be Systems and Helmet.

Weapons would work the same way.  For example, primaries might divided into Upper Receiver (special mods like Eagle Eye, Rifle Aptitude, etc.), Lower Receiver (mods that could be thought of as the inner working of the weapon, like Speed Trigger or Fast Hands), and Barrel (damage mods - Serration, elementals, etc.).  

Putting different mods into different families would add another way to balance mods against each other.  For example:  There's usually no reason to choose a Reload Speed mod over a Multishot Mod.  If Multishot was a Barrel mod while Reload Speed was Lower Receiver, they wouldn't be competing with each other.

You could also change things around for different weapon families.  Rifles and pistols might have Multishot as a Barrel mod, meaning it competes with damage mods.  But shotguns might have Multishot as a Lower Receiver mod, letting you slot it alongside a full compliment of damage mods for raw damage output.  Bows, launchers, and continuous fire weapons could also have different setups.

Polarities would naturally remain in this system, and different polarities on different components could add subtle nuances between weapons.  There might also be Wildcard slots that can accept any mod - maybe a special item (along the lines of Forma/Reactors/Catalysts) could add one or two Wildcard slots to any weapon/frame.  And maybe firearms could get Shooting Stances to align them with Melee Stances and Warframe Auras.

I think the current system hasn't changed has to put some balance in the loadouts, so if you want a silent weapon, you will have to sacrifice a bit of raw power, same if you want zoom, ammo mutation, faster reload, etc.

Otherwise everyone would just slap all the dmg/multishot mods and on top of that add the "tactical" mod.

Otherwise everyone would just slap all the dmg/multishot mods and on top of that add the "tactical" mod.

Which is the better system because no one would pick tactical mods over damage mods (for the most part).

Edited by inBlue

Which is the better system because no one would pick tactical mods over damage mods (for the most part).

I agree.  I mean... most players are already doing that due to the damage-racing nature of Warframe right now (especially with the new aimbot algorithm).  Might as well throw in something to at least make players consider those mods.

No one takes a tactical mod because when you start fighting level 30 enemies that tactical gear becomes effectively useless.

Tactical Slot for guns ? I like it . Next maybe we get a quick shooting while doing melee , for real now , if you can melee when using your primary i guess you can draw your secondary to shoot while doing melee , maybe compensate with lower accuracy or fire rate when doing that .

This has been suggested before.

And despite being an AMAZING PERFECT IDEA WITH 0 DRAWBACKS, Digital Extremes seem to adamantly refuse to do it.

Maybe they LIKE having useless mods like Eagle Eye in the game?

Maybe they have a kinky fetish for bad mods like Hush and Handspring?

Who can really say anymore.

Shrugging-man-630x298.jpg

All you can really do is keep bumping threads with good ideas like this and hope one day the Devs glance over it and realize you were right all along.

Hello,

As the title say i would like to suggest a expansion to weapons customization by the implementation of a few extra mods slots for weapons in another panel dedicated only for mods like Hush , Eagle Eye , Ammo Drum , Arrow Mutation , Rifle Aptitude , Magazine Warp and other mods similar that tend to add tactical customization to the weapons and rarely being used due to the overflow of new mods with the passing of time.

The full and complete list of mods to be transfer to this new category as well as the number of slots designate to it could be discussed more on , i am more interested in the perception of the idea itself.

Thank you all for taking the time to read/post. 

This is a sound idea and I like the concept. This would require a rebalance of the tactical mods. For example, adding "attachment slots" to weapons will allow everyone to slap all the damage/crit/status mods they could possibly want on any given gun, so adding something a suppressor to make it completely silent needs to have some inherent drawbacks, like corrupted mods.

For example: you have a Hind with Serration, Heavy Caliber, Split Chamber, Bane of Grineer, Stormbringer, Hellfire, Infected Clip, and Shred. Attaching a suppressor will make the weapon completely silent (MAYBE even change the sound), but will have some negative attributes such as lowered range, lowered damage, hitscan weapons become projectile weapons, etc. Extended Magazines should increase reload time, if you opt to carry more ammo with Ammo Drum your frame's base speed decreases.

This will have to be done carefully though. I don't want Warframe turning into 3rd person Call of Duty.