Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rift Plane In Pvp

Renegade343

Hello all,

This thread is about detailing a few tweaks to the Rift Plane in PVP, so that it would make it more fair in PVP gameplay (I have mentioned this in my Warframe ability tweaks for PVP thread, but I think it warrants its own thread). The content is below: 

The Rift Plane makes anyone within it not take damage from the other plane, and be able to do other things. While this is a good thing in PVE, in PVP, it becomes a bit too unfair, as a Limbo can, while in the Rift Plane (i.e.: Being immune to all sources of damage in the other plane): 

- Hack and disarm consoles.

- Revive allies.

- Able to simply lock out the core with Cataclysm. 

So, to make the Rift Plane mechanic be fair in PVP, the suggested tweaks are as thus: 

- Anyone (or anything) in the Rift Plane can be damaged by sources of damage in the other plane, but with a 85-90% damage reduction. This also applies to the other plane as well, meaning both planes can be killed by those in the other plane, and no one is locked out of play. 

- Reviving allies will have double the time (if ally is in the other plane). 

- Hacking and disarming consoles will move it back to the other plane. 

- Magnetic status effects will halve the time in the Rift Plane (only once). 

- Cataclysm cannot be cast on the core, but can be partially cast on the core (meaning there must be an area where the core is in the other plane). This is to rectify being able to continuously cast Cataclysm on the core to lock it out. 

With these tweaks, this will allow the Rift Plane to still be a powerful tool, but will be more fair for all opponents.

Please take the time to read this thread, and provide constructive criticism and feedback.

Renegade343

I'm not sure if you know this but, Limbo isn't immune to ALL damage. He canmt be effected/damaged by abilities and damage procs. FYI Limbo isn't overpowered.

Right, because we need another Bladestorm just to counter another overpowered ability (or spam Pull) (or Link). 

And yes, I know that. But pseudo-invulnerability with additional perks is already quite too much for a Warframe in PVP. 

I'm not sure if you know this but, Limbo isn't immune to ALL damage. He canmt be effected/damaged by abilities and damage procs. FYI Limbo isn't overpowered.

Limbo can be "affected" by damage dealing powers and melee while in rift walk. However, think about it for a second - the counters to limbo involve:

1) warframe that has an innate ability dealing damage (ranged is preferred) - hence limits frame selection. 

2) getting close enough to melee them - thereby exposing yourself in combat and limiting your selection of melee weapons. 

In both cases, players are pigeon holed specific builds and frames against limbo alone, which will most likely get them killed by a myriad of other things. With that being said,does limbo need to be nerfed? - No, just slightly tweaked. 

Right, because we need another Bladestorm just to counter another overpowered ability (or spam Pull) (or Link). 

And yes, I know that. But pseudo-invulnerability with additional perks is already quite too much for a Warframe in PVP. 

Renegade has a point. However "link" is so dead - you won't be even killing spectres with it until level 25+.