Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New "Entry Cutscene" ideas

Parabellum

So... The usual "drop vent grate and fall from the ceiling" is getting old...

How about new ones like these:

- 2 enemies talking to each other (Corpus or Grineer) or patrolling (Corpus or Grineer) or just wandering around (Corpus, Grineer and Infected), two Tennos sneak up behind them and goes for a silent kill. One stabs the heart and the other slices the enemy in half. If using Furax or Bo, the animation would be beating their head/chest in with a crushing sound.

- Tenno(s) emerge from a side-vent that the last Tenno out closes.

- Lights suddenly turn off, enemies turn their flashlights on and you see glimpses of Tennos' silhouettes moving quickly, blood spraying on the walls, and hearing enemies' death sounds... The lights turn on again and decapitated/dead enemies would be on the ground, Tennos standing near them.

- Tenno(s) dropping the vent grate onto an enemy's head and jumping down ontop of it, crushing the enemy in the process.

- Tenno(s) boarding the ship from their space craft.

- Tenno(s) cramming and locking an enemy into it's own electronic locker in a locker room. As the locker closes, a Tenno pats the closed locker. (I believe this would be one of the more humorous ones, showing the human side of a Tenno)

Just to mention a inconsistency, in the current cut scene you drop from a vent. If you look up, there are no vents.

That's because you dont actually enter through a vent you are already in the ship when the mission starts, you are just posing as a vent until is safe to start the mission. Sort of like this.

Anyway, i dont care about seeing different opening what i want to see is the current one showing all 4 Tennos instead of just the two.

Anyway, i dont care about seeing different opening what i want to see is the current one showing all 4 Tennos instead of just the two.

I think the main issue with that is just how long the animation would have to run just to get that fourth person in. And also how silly four Tenno dropping one by one into a room looks. *plop* *thmp* *thud* *sound effect*

I think the main issue with that is just how long the animation would have to run just to get that fourth person in. And also how silly four Tenno dropping one by one into a room looks. *plop* *thmp* *thud* *sound effect*

All they need to do is once the dude in front looks back after the second dude is done have the camera pull back to reveal two others.

No need for explanation how they got there cause they are SPACE NINJAAAAAS!!!

Since we would probably get these after a decent stealth system, I actually wouldn't mind more stealth oriented initial cutscenes.

Case in point:

-A small alcove in the wall has two guards talking in front of it. The two guards move, and the Tenno(s) de cloak or peek out from the sides.

-A catwalk is over a group of soldiers scrambling out of the area, and the tenno(s) is(are) shown standing or crouching around watching the soldiers leave.

-A group of guards walks into a storage room and they all look at each other. They all either decloak or take off their helments, revealing they are Tenno

You know, stuff that's a bit more low key I suppose.

Edited by astrobird

I have a few ideas myself.

- Showing exterior of ship airlock, tenno ship flies away, moments later (any faction) bodies get sucked out of airlock into space. Or a an alternate of that: Camera looking out of window towards tenno ship leaving, battle sounds with (any faction), bodies floating out in space (possibly with The Tenno walking past the window after, or stopping at it for a moment to look smug or amused).

- Camera showing (Corpus/Grineer) walking towards camera, obstructing most (90%ish) of the view. Tenno arms come up from behind and snap (Corpus/Grineer)'s neck, with the enemy out of the way you see a Tenno that has left a trail of bodies (sitting against walls, in their own pools on blood, etc. could change once in awhile) If there's more than one Tenno, they could be finishing them off.

-Tenno(s) sneaking and come to the edge of a wall, where a patrolling enemy (any faction) is passing. Lead Tenno waits for them to pass then leaves cover and garrotes the enemy with their melee weapon of choice, or bashes their head in with the Fruax/Bo.

-Tenno crouching/sneaking through a hallway that has those pits with all the electrical circuits where a (Grinner/Corpus) is leaning over the railings towards the circuits, looking bored. Camera switches to looking up at the (Grineer/Corpus) when he gets pushed off, replaced by Tenno looking down after him and listening to his screams of pain as he's electrocuted... then the Tenno walks away looking rather smug. (obligatory funny one)

Of course most of these would need new starting rooms too..so yeah. It's probably one of the last things the the team will work on. I'm just hoping for new areas in general, hopefully on the planets themselves. I want to see "ruined" Earth.

yar! yar! all of it!

Well right after did the first successful extraction i had the following idea:

Dropship hits enemy ship, mighti lazors cut a square hole into the ships hull, the cut-off wall piece falls down, after the dust is settled, mighty Loki steps down from his casing, et voila.

could be easily adapted for all the fours of the team, just pan around the camera slowly while the lazors are cutting, then for that small step for a tenno go to the individual tennos

See you in space, Cowboy!

This is what I posted in the council suggestion thread, might as well post it here:

I really like that intro sequence when starting a mission. Would be cool if it wouldn't only show 2 but all 4 players (when you have enough in your party). Maybe even give each frame a specific entry animation like Mag floats to the ground, Ash appears out of a smoke cloud, Loki slowly becomes visible, etc.