Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Snow Globe: How To Place One Properly

Zareek

Question

I may be pretty late to post this, but I thought I'd do it anyway. I just recently noticed a huge difference in the way snowglobe can be placed. Sometimes it would be really annoying to look through, other times it would be almost perfect. So I noticed that it all depends on which direction you face when placing it.

Here is the 1st way:

1111_zpsb085b529.png

Basically this is how it will always look right after you place it. However, if you were to focus fire in front of you down a certain hallway, it would be kind of hard to look through it. And that is because of the effect indside the globe.

Here is the 2nd way:

2222_zps57940b9f.png

Same snowglobe, but aiming a different direction. If I face the same way that the effect is blowing, you can see straight through it, and you wont have to deal with a limited vision.

So, make sure that when you place a snowglobe you are placed sideways to the hallways you want to focus fire on. He will stretch his arms out to the sides, and that way you know where it will be easy to look through the snowglobe.

I hope it's a help to whoever reads this! If not, well then:

gtfo-shangtsung.jpg

PEACE IN (not out)

13 answers to this question

And use black energy to get rid of that blue haze and improve view even further.

I was going to do that, but I don't like using black energy. I use a blue one because I like the way it looks on my Warframes. But yeah it definately helps too :P

This is what I use. It doesn't matter which direction you aim it so you can spend your time on better things...like shooting.

Yeah but if you don't want black energy for some reason, there are still ways to make the globe less bothersome. And it only takes 0,5 seconds to turn around to place it according to where you are. So it's not like the "time spend" placing it has any real consequence.

Yeah but if you don't want black energy for some reason, there are still ways to make the globe less bothersome. And it only takes 0,5 seconds to turn around to place it according to where you are. So it's not like the "time spend" placing it has any real consequence.

To be fair, with black energy, your vision is not limited to 2 sides only. To each their own, but I personally use the black energy as well.

To be fair, with black energy, your vision is not limited to 2 sides only. To each their own, but I personally use the black energy as well.

Agreed, black energy is much more efficient. But this was just a tip to those who don't want to use black energy :)

Two other tips when playing defense against infested. Do not, I repeat do not use Snow Globe against infested on the pod, even with a slow nova sooner or later they will get to the pod and this prevents supporting fire from outside the globe. The only way a Snow Globe will work in infested defense requires first the Snow Globe is not modded for range and with some advance skill the Frost Player needs to get on the pod, jump and cast Snow Globe while in the air, doing this will still slow down the enemy but not prevent you from shooting inside the globe.

Two other tips when playing defense against infested. Do not, I repeat do not use Snow Globe against infested on the pod, even with a slow nova sooner or later they will get to the pod and this prevents supporting fire from outside the globe. The only way a Snow Globe will work in infested defense requires first the Snow Globe is not modded for range and with some advance skill the Frost Player needs to get on the pod, jump and cast Snow Globe while in the air, doing this will still slow down the enemy but not prevent you from shooting inside the globe.

I heard that with max range, you can use it efficiently by covering a massive area, and allow players in a fair range to shoot enemies. I haven't tried or seen it though, so it's just a rumor. Good tip though, I wasn't aware of the jump trick.