The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova Builds

Deidaku

Question

10 answers to this question

My standard nova build. You can probably replace stretch and redirection if you're not bothered with lower shields.

2vsno1z.jpg

My current speed nova. Quick thinking and rage are just there because I didn't have anything else I really thought would be useful. You might have something better for those slots/points.

26284kw.jpg

Edited by Seraphyx

Fresh from  the foundry

I have no Idea where to start

take note: this build is a tad bit more advanced than seraphyxs build but his is perfect if you dont have these mods displayed to your disposal.

also another note: you currently see no defensive mods equipped like; vitality, redirection and vigor due to the fact that when faced with high tier missions they tend to become useless when in a difficult situation and the enemies damage continues to scale, so be sure to use novas high base mobility to get out of sticky situations.

okay with nova you need to be sure to build mainly for her molecular prime, so heres my regular nova build in terms of slowing down the enemy:

HcB9zKS.jpg

and heres my speed nova build for molecular prime in terms of forcing the enemy to aggro, and go rushing towards you or the defending objective.

kV8OnRt.jpg

Edited by jelvis

Just a heads up regarding Nova mechanics. I've included some tips to help you mod her effectively:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Nova

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Molecular_Prime

-> P.Strength affects slow, dmg multipliers is always 200%. Slow is capped at 75% (Intensify make sit 60%, so you barely need a r1 blind rage)

-> Range is based on Duration; fleeting and transient will reduce it by a lot. Narrow minded, constitution and continuity are your friends.

-> AMD [Antimatter Drop] is the best nuke in the game; multiplier doesn't scale with range or damage mods. Shoot the orb and they'll die (400% dmg of your weapon).

-> Nova has higher health than shields [300hp to 225shd];  Vit may be helpful, Redirection not so much considering mod slots available.

-> Quick Thing. Not really advised. QT effectively needs flow and rage to work well, making you ~3slots shorter. Vit is normally you best and only defense.

-> If you plan on using Nova for long put a 'D' polarity; Narrow Minded, Overextended, Vitality are suitable for it and require a lot of points.

You shouldn't be building more than +45% power strength when playing slow (or regular) nova since the m.prime slows is capped at 75% (eventhough in WF builder it ain't capped).

EDIT: Tenno'd by the guy above me.

Edited by xyLoneZ

For me this build is more reasonable. I use it on T4 keys and it has range to mark almost all enemies on the map and slow them with 80% debuff. Radar is because i am addicted to minimap info. You can replace it with something like Rush/Vigor onr something like that. Aura can also be raplaced with corrosive projection. http://goo.gl/jwQs3b

For me this build is more reasonable. I use it on T4 keys and it has range to mark almost all enemies on the map and slow them with 80% debuff. Radar is because i am addicted to minimap info. You can replace it with something like Rush/Vigor onr something like that. Aura can also be raplaced with corrosive projection. http://goo.gl/jwQs3b

You only have 60% debuff with that build :). I'd advise switching stretch (unless you want a big worm hole) for a ~r0/1 blind rage if you want a bit more slow; maximizing that narrow mind when possible; and switching redirection with vitality. If it's exterminate for eg. and not surv / def, a natural talent instead of the blind rage can do wonders! Otherwise just take redirection for  ~5sec of extra survival, vigor isn't worth it.

You only have 60% debuff with that build :). I'd advise switching stretch (unless you want a big worm hole) for a ~r0/1 blind rage if you want a bit more slow; maximizing that narrow mind when possible; and switching redirection with vitality. If it's exterminate for eg. and not surv / def, a natural talent instead of the blind rage can do wonders! Otherwise just take redirection for  ~5sec of extra survival, vigor isn't worth it.

I used to run 60% slow m.prime and it works just fine (although I find the 15% worth another mod slot), but I would swap the Enemy Sense out if I wanted 75% slow. You don't want to replace stretch when you have Narrow Minded 6/10, because you still want the chain explosion's range to be decent on m.prime.

Also, R2 TF > R1 BR (If you want min-max). You get 15% Power Strength instead of 18%, but you lose only 7.5% power duration compared to 10%.