The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaive

Whatarewordsworth

No... that is a weapon from Dark Sector called a Glaive 

These are Glaives

While the one from Dark Sector is cool and all I want an actual Glaive more. Scythe has my interest very much.

Both are glaives, just one is the projectile version, the other the polearm one

You can see it here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glaive

Starting around the 1980s the word began to describe a fourth type of weapon: a whirling projectile blade similar in structure to a shuriken but much larger and cast like a chakram or hunga munga. This fictional weapon is usually portrayed as being able to return to its wielder, much like a boomerang. "Glaives" of this type have shown up in several films (such as KrullBlade, and Batman Begins) and other aspects of fantasy fiction (e.g. video games such as Warcraft III or Dark Sector).
Edited by Endrance

The only reason we have a throwing weapon called the Glaive now is because of the Krull film. Thats because it had "the Glaive" which as was a specific "magic" weapon to defeat the baddie of the film. Its an oversized stylized shrunken. May as well call it the Fugutaiten.

can I have a polearm weapon with a spinny blade at the end???

Wouldn't be very useful. You loose a lot of force as the blades turn. Without it being motorized it wouldn't make an overly good weapon.... Now attach a chainsaw or motorized thing to the end... that could be a different story if the pole can take the force you apply to leveler it through wanter it is you're cutting.

Edited by Brasten

What the hell did this thread turn into?

What a rather topic-less throw away thread about a soon to be released weapon always turns into... talk about more weapons... which eventually turns into random vaguely weapon like things... and degrades from there until we now come to the near end of the line where people start to wonder what happened to the original non-existant topic. After that it goes meta talking about the state of the thread, which is my post... so...

Let the record show that:

Rat Flail wins the thread.

Edited by Brasten

What a rather topic-less throw away thread about a soon to be released weapon always turns into... talk about more weapons... which eventually turns into random vaguely weapon like things... and degrades from there until we now come to the near end of the line where people start to wonder what happened to the original non-existant topic.

You sir, are a true internet dalai lama.

So is the one from Dark Sector. I was pointing out it's a proper noun, the specific name of a singular weapon kind of like how it's Scindo not "Great Axe" or Fragor not "Mace / Hammer" etc etc. Almost all of the weapons in this game are named via a proper noun not the kind of weapon they are.

Edited by Bakim0n0