The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Update 15.5 And Physx/nvidia Driver Crash

Snougar

Same boat here guys...

Geforce GTX 970 and 344.75 driver. Many, many crashes.

I don't know if is nvidia problem because the only game with problem is warframe.

Sometimes the game completely crashes. Sometimes crashes and the driver recover from the crash and warframe get a black screen. If this black screen happens, I keep hearing the sounds from the game with black screen.

I get this exact issue on my GTX 670 with the latest drivers from Nvidia experience.  I think they're the same ones you're using.  Of course other times the game just crashes completely, or my entire system locks up.  Other times I can recover from it but from then on I'll get periodic freezes while on the desktop even though I'm not playing a game until a restart the computer, and sometimes when I restart the video card won't even work until I restart again...  I'm wondering if maybe my more extreme problems aren't somehow part of my PSU being old and finally starting to deteriorate, but it only started happening recently, around the time I started getting the exact issue you mentioned.

I get this exact issue on my GTX 670 with the latest drivers from Nvidia experience.  I think they're the same ones you're using.  Of course other times the game just crashes completely, or my entire system locks up.  Other times I can recover from it but from then on I'll get periodic freezes while on the desktop even though I'm not playing a game until a restart the computer, and sometimes when I restart the video card won't even work until I restart again...  I'm wondering if maybe my more extreme problems aren't somehow part of my PSU being old and finally starting to deteriorate, but it only started happening recently, around the time I started getting the exact issue you mentioned.

Almost absolutely sure... fault psu or card on your case. You need to check your voltages under extreme load, like furmark.

Do we have to contact Nvidia support too or will I just sit tight and wait for some updates on the matter?

Just makes me mad that I finally have a "top-tier" GPU and I still can't utilize it to the max. My old card was GTX 660 which I replaced with the GTX 970 in late November (same time you rolled the 15.5 patch I guess).

Edited by Judqment8

I don't know Jud. I think the problem is on warframe side. Is not to do with PhysX.

Today I experienced the exactly same freeze with my card 100% stock.

THE ONLY ONE game with that problem is warframe right now.

I am playing Mordor, Crysis 3, Far Cry 3, Euro Truck Sim 2 right now.

DE...

Please...

WAR-380916

Edited by IronRushBR

Seems after last hotfix and the new nvidia driver, my problem is solved. Not a single crash anymore...

Wow, you are right. Turned my PhysX effects back on and did multiple 40 minute T4 Survivals and not a single crash. The game hasn't crashed even once today.

So gg DE, whatever it is you did, but it seems to be working~ Gosh the game looks so great again.

Wow, you are right. Turned my PhysX effects back on and did multiple 40 minute T4 Survivals and not a single crash. The game hasn't crashed even once today.

So gg DE, whatever it is you did, but it seems to be working~ Gosh the game looks so great again.

347.09 whql right ? keep crashing with 344.48

In the last couple of days updating to this driver I've had multiple disconnects back to back To what I believe was Phsyx Load.

Running 347.09 on a GTX Titan.

8-01-15: Disabling Phsyx for further testing. 

I just got a GTX 970 Jetstream ( Its an OC Version by Palit). With Physx Enabled i last about 5 minutes in any game mode. On the latest drivers. Also i have a 144Hz monitor if that would effect anything.

Edited by Morphooo

Nice thread here! I have this Physx issue since I bought my new laptop in mid-2014. My old laptops 650M ran everything fine, then I switched to my current dual 755M system and the crashing began... I experienced microshutter only in this game, so I played on single GPU mode for some time, this seems to be fixed. Physx still doesn't work. It crashed within ten seconds of playing... I always get a driver error notification.

My specs:

- Intel Core i7-4700MQ 2,4 GHz

- 16 GB DDR3-1600

- Nvidia GT 755M SLI

- Windows 8.1

- 512 GB Samsung 840 Pro

It's the Lenovo Y510P model, just a bit upgraded. Other games work without problems, I can run even BF3 on maxed out settings. Warframe runs only without Physx, SLI doesn't make any difference anymore. I tried all the options, lower Warframe graphics settings, Single-GPU, AFR 1 & 2, Physx on CPU / GPU, reinstalled my complete system two times (for another reason).

I don't think this will change much, but I have two monitors, the game runs in one of them (borderless fullscreen, normal fullscreen didn't change anything).

So what's the problem? One GPU should perform well enough for these effects, both will do twice. Fix this and give me a good reason to buy the next Prime Access. Let me touch Loki's ears.

• 3 weeks later...

So I updated to the latest WHQL driver, 347.25 and Warframe is crashing a lot now - I've had 6-7 crashes in just the past 2-3 hours. I had issues with crashing before (and I believe I was running the previous WHQL-driver (344.75 I believe), but it happened much less frequently.