Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Three Main Problems Of This Game

zagibu

1. Enemy spawn

I noticed that enemies spawn infinitely, if you go back and forth between tiles. Why does the game keep spawning enemies in cleared rooms? This has to stop. It is NOT fun to clear a room of enemies, go to the next room and as soon as you step into it, you are attacked from behind by enemies that spawned in the room you just cleared 3 seconds ago.

2. Connection problems

The lobby system is terrible. If you are in a session, and click on an alert, there is no way to go back to the system you were at before, besides clicking through the whole planet network, if you don't want to leave the session. And please do something about session joining, it is currently very annoying to try and get into alert missions, because sessions falsely report as having open slots, when they are actually full, which means you have to retry 20 times to start 1 mission. Implement a mission queue that automatically distributes players to open slots or implement a four way handshake. The easiest way to fix this would be to be able to start missions even when other squads are not full already. This way you could start alone and wait for others to join.

3. Enemy AI and pathfinding

In defense missions, it often happens that enemies get stuck. Currently, in Gaia, it can happen that in EVERY WAVE, enemies spawn in a small area far away from the reactor on some kind of transportation device. They just stand around and wait for the player.

There are more problems, such as pickups falling into unreachable abyss, enemies spawning inside terrain and strange aiming behavior on long distances, but they are less important. These three problems really make the game a lot less fun than it could be though, and should be fixed as soon as possible in my opinion.

1: you only use to face 3 enemies at a time and always infront of you. Facing enemies from all directions is more fun and helps keep the group together. They dont spawn constantly. It just takes a while to dig in and clear them.

2: i agree 100% and im sure they are aware of it. Update 8 will probobly solve this.

3: Devs have spoken in Council chat and stated they have been trying to fix this. They removed some boxes and other obsticales and it didnt work. They have said since that the next big update will fix the problem once and for all. As for the AI. It tens to react better as you get higher in waves and the abilities of higher level mobs can really affect your kill order. AI is ok for me mate.

I didnt down vote you either. This vote S#&$ needs removing tbh. Its a crap idea.

3: Devs have spoken in Council chat and stated they have been trying to fix this. They removed some boxes and other obsticales and it didnt work. They have said since that the next big update will fix the problem once and for all. As for the AI. It tens to react better as you get higher in waves and the abilities of higher level mobs can really affect your kill order. AI is ok for me mate.

Thank you for this response!

I am fully convinced that the spawn mechanics are actually broken, especially in solo, but they're at the bottom of the priority list. You should not see full-grown Grineer pop into existence in front of you just because you freed the hostage, I'm sure that's not DE's intent, but that's what's happening. MoAs I can understand coming out of the woodwork, but I've seen Ancients materialize too.

Agree. The downvotes are silly. Those seem like pretty legitimate points that could use help. 

To your #1, I haven't really experienced that. Or at least not in any bad way. There ARE the infinite moas that pop out of the wall machine sometimes. I kind of like those though. 

To your #1, I haven't really experienced that. Or at least not in any bad way. There ARE the infinite moas that pop out of the wall machine sometimes. I kind of like those though. 

And you can disable those machines by destroying the cameras.  Just a small tip not many know about.

1. Enemy spawn

Its a huge ship, of course guys are gonna be everywhere. Its not even a problem and you dont need every room to be spotless. Just get some loot and complete the objective.

2. Connection problems

Nit picking, honestly. Yeah, you dont get connected sometimes, suck but I dont think it breaks the game.

3. Enemy AI and pathfinding

Can be a problem but isnt game breaking. This is beta afterall.

You need some pretty crazy tunnel-vision to think that these are on the top of the Broken list, but good for you for listing problems and forcing your opinion as truth unto others.

Thank you for your comment, next time try adding some content.

Agree. The downvotes are silly. Those seem like pretty legitimate points that could use help. 

Try it on solo. They respawn on every tile change (of course, not in exterminate missions). I went back and forth over twenty times and the game always spawned a group of 6+ grineers in the tile I just left.

1. Enemy spawn

Its a huge ship, of course guys are gonna be everywhere. Its not even a problem and you dont need every room to be spotless. Just get some loot and complete the objective.

That's okay. I just don't want them to spawn right into my back when I change to the next room. If you play solo, you notice that this happens on EVERY room change. In Online mode, it's not so bad, because you clear rooms much faster and move on.

Edited by zagibu

Thank you for your comment, next time try adding some content.

Gladly.

The tone of your post, was an arrogant one (Much like mine) that doesn't say "My suggestions and experiences" but instead leads players to believe these are the facts and only issues of the game. It still is in a beta, and everything is under reevaluation at every given moment. Saying something like: "Nothing else matters, these 3 things will make the game fun" is absurd.

(A) The game is supposed to pass the feeling of being outnumbered. You are fighting an entire vessel filled with enemies, and having 500 enemies in one room at a time rather than groups, squads, and tactical forces of them makes less sense, less gameplay viability, and less... possible.

(B) It was never stated as a 100% bug / issue / accident by the developers, hence it is not a "MAIN PROBLEM", it is a preference. I like having enemies in my shooting games.

© as stated before it is a large vessel. Just like you are able to move through it, so should they. the alternative to "spawn out of thin air in the appropriate rooms to keep combat fluid" is having them spawn on the other side of the ship, making complex algorithms to calculate how much time it would take them to reach and establish a combat formation and how much time it would take you to get to the place where they counter you, and chances are you would go through entire missions without seeing a single enemy team intercept you.

(D) You're a ninja, If you can't be arsed around by extra-mobs you can literally walk right next to them and move on in 90% of the situations you encounter.

Also, what stacey said.

The game still has many issues and fixes coming, and you don't just click a "serverconnectivity.exe" to revamp everything possible. It is highly expected of a beta-phased game to be weak on connection level, because they wan't to make sure there's an actual game to connect to first, and they want to test every single option there is to optimise it - especially with the upcoming Dojos that will hold a very large amount of players.

They don't intend to stop development just to fix this issue, because not every aspect of the team have an input on it. such core issues in general aren't to be "fixed asap" either, because they are a lot more dynamic than things like; "this ability costs too much energy."

They are still working on things like that every single week, with constant upgrading and support.

3. A specific defense mission having some enemies not progress towards you is the "TOP PROBLEM" in a new, insanely large, constantly growing game? And as for the general issue with enemy AI, they have looked into it with defense missions several times and fixed it several times. In most Defense missions things go a whole lot smoother now. If Gaia has a problem on its own, they'll reach it in time and modify the map itself.

Most of what you've stated are infact problems and issues with the game, but they are not at its core and are not at the top of the list. A lot of things will make the game "more fun", So stick around and see how things get changed and added constantly.

I don't understand where you get the arrogant tone from, since clearly, a post I make about problems with the game is only my opinion, what else could it be? I don't think I have to write "from my experience" or "in my opinion" all the time, it adds nothing, because everything said by a person is always his own opinion and nothing more. Such phrases are completely redundant.

Also, I never said "Nothing else matters, these 3 things will make the game fun". You seem to read my post with a lot of prejudice, because you see things I never said or didn't intend to imply.

1) When did I mention I want rooms filled with 500 enemies? All I want is the game to stop spawning enemies where it doesn't make sense. It has enough enemies to create the feeling of being outnumbered without doing that. And that the developers are fine with it doesn't mean I can't perceive it as a problem. And no, stopping the game from spawning enemies right in the room you just left doesn't need complex algorithms, there are many easy solutions, like having a delay in the spawning or remembering what room the player came from.

2) No, it is an easy problem, with an easy fix. There is no big server infrastructure involved, since the games are hosted by players. All that has to be done is a lobby queue in the matchmaking server or a four way handshake for connecting to sessions. If that is too much to ask, they should at least give the option to host a game even when there are still sessions that are supposedly open (but aren't really, hence the connection problems).

3) It's not just this one mission having problems with stuck enemies. It also happens on a lot of other defense missions. But Gaia is worst, currently. In this map, enemies spawn on a lower level where you can only get away from by using elevators. Those that spawn there remain inactive every wave, waiting for the players to walk over and shoot them. They shouldn't spawn there in the first place.

Also, going back to your first post and referring to the "tunnel vision" comment, I'm curious to hear what other problems are more severe.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with the first problem.Just started playing solo and these guys keep respawning like hell. Clearing a room means they'll start shooting me just as I'm trying to get to the next area. I think these kind of games need to have some longer respawn time, cos usually you'd want to make it safe before the next area. Heck,they don't even need to respawn. I've played games like RE4,which when the enemies die, they stay dead (which is ironic cos they are zombies). And Leon was against a whole village/castle/island. You don't need instant respawns to make more enmeies. Just make bigger map. Also, I think the waypoint in the map is kinda bugged. I went one way and it jumped all the way back and when I went there it jumped back to the other end,which made me lost and die.Really needs some fixing. I love these kinda games and the graphics are awesome and smooth,I'd really like to play.

Edited by DSerigale