The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.9.0: The Glaive

[DE]Rebecca

Not going to lie, pretty disappointed with this patch. The Hek I just spent $10 dollars on is next to worthless. The glaive being an alert item isn't that bad, but kinda sucks for people who had saved up mats to make it today. The bug fixes are nice, though.

- Gorgon accuracy adjustments while aimed.

I was wrong about this 

I was able to cost 1~2rounds to hit the target at 50m

or 3~4 rounds at 100m

but now?????????????

at 50m you can only hit S#&$

at 100m you can just shoot the moon......

So gorgon become smooth bore?

If the devs of Dark Sector are ignorant as F***, that is no example.

Anyone can edit a wiki.  It just shows how $&*&*#(%& those people are.

Then you shouldn't have posted a Wikipedia link.

i would say this is not a traditional glaive in any respect of the word, but this is a fantasy glaive in all respects, but many such as myself were thinking of a traditional glaive and not fantasy but hey i'll give it a whirl non the less.

Here to report that my Strun got neutered with the patch. Five meters, five inches, doesn't matter. I was doing squat-all to level thirty chargers with my level thirty shotgun, and it took about three shots to take out a frigging runner at three meters.

More importantly to me- Furax + new gibs = BAD. To explain- focus-punching people works fine, but they don't go flying like they used to. That was part of the fun of the Furax, y'know? Even worse, you can launch into ground-attacks on the immobile giblets and punch the crap out of nothing at all, and this happens quite frequently even if you're not trying to punch things after your charge strike.

Please, let us play Grineer Golf with blunt weapons, at least. It doesn't make sense to punch half a guy's torso out, no, we want to send their bits into the next room, and please, please watch out for the downed-attacks after charge-killing enemies. It's a long animation, and a lot of time spent doing nothing. When you're coming out of cloak after invisible-charge-massacring everything and you're between six Grineer and punching the crap out of the guy's leg that just rolled three feet away, well...

It's absurd AND frustrating.

Edited by Naxza

Slug isn't made out of pellets, slug is a huge metal chunk. come to think of it, HEK could use Slugs instead of scatter pellets..

but but... that'd make it a smoothbore rifle, not a shotty =P just kiddin, its interesting, but it could just have a smaller pellet load than say a strun.

Sci fi is centered around real life. It's meant to be be believable to some extent. The nerfs to the shotgun range is unrealistic. And stop trying to silence people who have an opinion that differs from yours. Shame on you.

So, by your logic, you're trying to silence my own opinion by stating yours. Think before you type.

And it's not a nerf. Shotguns still do optimal damage up close and mid range. Just got done once again soloing Phorid with my HEK with no problems whatsoever. Also, it's very much believable. At long range, in real life, though shotguns can kill, they are extremely inaccurate. Now, translate that into a video game, and that would mean shotguns should do much less damage the farther the target is. What's truly unbelievable, is a shotgun one-shotting enemies hundreds of yards away from you. There's accurate pistols and sniper rifles for that.

Edited by SoulEchelon

So, by your logic, you're trying to silence my own opinion by stating yours. Think before you type.

And it's not a nerf. Shotguns still do optimal damage up close and mid range. Just got done once again soloing Phorid with my HEK with no problems whatsoever.

Just tested HEK in defence map vs corpus, guess what, we got wiped because we couldn't neutralize them in range... overall atm i feel that HEK would be better off as a throwable weapon not as shotgun, also gorgon nerfs, no idea why, just bought it, like 5 hours before nerf, seemed useless then now im crying that i wasted a catalyst on it lol... Overall, #1 worst update of all, id say the only bad update at this moment, about the new boomerang, well, stop *@##$in people, game is F2P, they need 2 eat also... and its not like its donate only, i consider the helms are dropping already 2 often in alert missions...

Edited by Missile

I just acquired mine from there. Are you sure you Updated?

EDIT: I READ TOO FAST. I READ IT AS "GLAIVE". Did not see BP. Stay tuned for "?" Alerts!

if I may suggest moving the note to right under the pic.. in caps.. and bolded, perhaps neon arrows..... lol

As for the gorgon, similarly overdone. Again, yes previously it was far too accurate, but perhaps remedy that with some recoil so that the damage output is reliant on the player keeping track of his/her gun rather than having it automatically spread near -sideways-. 

Seems like we're being punished for knowing how to point and click.

i just hope this is not going to be the same way ME3 (Mass Effect 3) multiplayer is going to end up. there is about a good 50 guns in that game were about mabe 4-5 worth using thus made the game boring as hell and made me quit please dont follow the same road since i honstly dont feel like playing it anymore and ive played it non stop for the past 3 weeks 350+ hours.