Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaive, Hek Etc. Lets Talk About It...

Mr.Mango

The problem is there hasn't been a new, noticeably more powerful weapon (whether it be a rifle, pistol, etc) since.. well.. forever. 'Everyone' used Hek because it was the highest ranked weapon (and appreciably the strongest).

The idea here is that you continue to make stronger and stronger weapons (not every week, but faster than this) and you also create harder places to fight so said weapons are actually a necessity.

Here's a scenario -

A level 1 Corpus Crewman has 30 life which is easy enough to take out with any weapon. A level 30 Corpus has about 300 life which will require a lot of damage from low level weapons or a few hits from a stronger one. A level 70 Corpus hould have something like 5,000 life where your lower tier weapons just wouldn't work (you'd run out of ammo) and you would need to work towards a higher rank/weapon. Problem is right now it's more like 30-150-300 (not actual numbers) in terms of enemy health levels. They barely scale in terms of durability (though their damage scales okay-ish) thus making the need for progression.. non-existent. This will be addressed, I assume, in future major patches.

I will be completely honest - instead of nerfing every gun worth using - they should be buffing the guns no one uses.

Burstron? lol @ accuracy/dps
Latron? lol @ dps
Paris? lol @ non solo stealth missions
Snipetron? LOL!!!

Afuris? Lol @ ammo consumption
Aklato? Lol @ dps
Lex? Lol @ its new stats.  Have fun with that base reload speed and fire rate.. oh wait...you now have 2 less spots for damage mods vs other competent pistols.
Sicarus? Lol wtf is that.  I don't think i've ever seen or heard of it.

ANY melee weapon that isn't heavy class (scindo, fragger, gram class) are out of balance.
Most of them are outclassed by dual heat swords for charge/ dual ethers for base slashes.  There is no reason to use any other "basic" weapons unless you want to play the crit stacking game with zorens/fangs.

That just is sad with the amount of potential the weapons have.  They really need some love.  The jaw sword makes enemies explode with its AOE and that is AWESOME...but its so weak that it doesn't matter how cool that effect is.  The mire has POISON damage...but its such a gimick that I can't even rank it up past level 20 the sword takes so long to kill enemies... There are so many cool looking weapons (some of them alert only) that you wish so badly for them to be worthwhile.  But none of them are.  Thus you see nothing but the SAME melee weapons over and over. 

Instead of NERFING everything and having everyone upset and having to rebalance how strong enemies are again - give the weapons that have been ignored for so long some love...

The "sad" Truth is F2P have to have some exclusive items.

-The Prem officers in LOTS for example even GS players have a hard time getting them-

and with the Dark sword fiasco... They kinda do need a new sought after weapon.

And lets be honest... if you wanted a weapon that players would play for.... One that people have been wanting for a while is the one you pick.

The Hek nerf might have been a bit severe, but I think it was needed. A shotgun is supposed to be for close range combat or mid range. It shouldn't be able to snipe.

But the Hek was good for medium range unlike the other two shotguns. Now that you need to get in someone's face to shoot them there's nothing the Hek can do that the Strun can't do better...

wow so much outcry for they did it an alert weapon + platinum ?

Sure it some what boring having to wait when you wanted to test a new weapon tomorrow but you still able to get it free.

I just hope it wont be like the trinity helm for me missing it 3 times wile sleeping last time with 30min =)

Look, you reeeeally love that weapon... ok but chill, man, it's an ? Alert It's going to come. Dont flip out because you cant get it RIGHT NAOH!

I dont really care about getting the weapon right now or in 1 month. I have other stuff do worry about. ^-^

What I DO worry about, is that 10€ for a weapon that is so symbolic to quit a lot of Warframe Players is money making, and thats something I am not okay with. I mean, how many people would've said "Nah, Im waiting for the alert" instead of instant buying it if it wouldn't have been the Glaive?

Therein lies part of the problem with the fact that most of their difficulty system lies strictly in an hp scaling approach to make things 'harder'. And as Izonami pointed out, things like the Hek and the Gorgon have mastery rank requirements, they're expected to perform better than your average equipment. Instead we have a rank 2 LMG thats been made even more sub-par considering a Braton offers you considerably better accuracy for 4 less damage, the same spare ammo count, and not a terrible difference in terms of ammo count in the gun without any sort of rank restriction or crafting time.

I will be completely honest - instead of nerfing every gun worth using - they should be buffing the guns no one uses.

Burstron? lol @ accuracy/dps

Latron? lol @ dps

Paris? lol @ non solo stealth missions

Snipetron? LOL!!!

That made me smile, so true :)

I agree though, they should buff some of the guns, rather start nerfing everything. They could also bring out some new, higher tier, weapons that might actually be worth acquiring, for reasons other than simply raising your mastery rank.

I will be happy with the Hek changes if it was just retuned to have a slightly longer effective range than current version..

Glaive was disappointing, but reasonable. DE need to sustain somehow you know? just wish it isnt so random with the huge ? item pool now.for people that cannot afford to pay for it.

I dont really care about getting the weapon right now or in 1 month. I have other stuff do worry about. ^-^

What I DO worry about, is that 10€ for a weapon that is so symbolic to quit a lot of Warframe Players is money making, and thats something I am not okay with. I mean, how many people would've said "Nah, Im waiting for the alert" instead of instant buying it if it wouldn't have been the Glaive?

That's how I'm feeling. I feel like they're using that awesome Dark Sector weapon as a way to get money from the Dark Sector fans. They have every right to, but... it just feels cheap to me, and this is pretty much the first time I've felt like this about Warframe. Been here since Closed Beta.

Also I think The_Doc is missing a fact bout the Hek, the spread on the Hek is still incredibly tight which makes multishot on it such a thing of beauty for focused raw damage on stuff that needs plenty of raw damage (cough cough our wonderful meatshield bosses cough or any 55+ enemies) when with the strun you're not going to get all of the spray on target even at close range unless you're going to get to the point of kissing them and even then thats not a 100% guarantee.

But WHY for the love of god doing THAT with the most hyped weapon in warframe ever?

Why not do it with some random heavy weapon that some people care about and some people dont? Simpel, because less people would instant buy it.

It's like you understand the logic behind the reasoning, but you don't want to believe in it.

I think this game already gives away too much and really don't know how it's going to survive long term. So the way the glaive was added...is fine by me. It should take free players longer to get things than paying players. That's how f2p works. So if you don't want to wait.....

I'll fix that for you.

"Thats how bad f2p games work"

I left my last f2p game because they went over board on pay to win/advance.

Not saying I'm all that bothered about the glaive being cash shop or alerts as long as they dont go over the top in the future.

Well, this is unfortunate, because I just went and started a Hek yesterday. Now I have it, and it's been nearly useless so far, even against level 1 grineer :(

yeah I literally just got my hek to level 30 just as the patch came in xD So I'm good, it will just gather dust in my inventory now xD

I hardly use my hek, but I saw everyone in council chat was complaining so I tested out the changes. My hek is rank 30 supercharged with 75% base damage boost 90% ap and 60% electric and fire damage. I walked right up to a level 28 grineer lancer and shot him in the head from maybe 5 meters away... he didn't die. In fact he didn't even lose 3/4 of his health with a crit in the damage. I can now kill things faster with my latron...

Really?

THIS IS TRUTH!  

Sincerely, we've got great weed in Canada, I'm guessing the 420 celebrations still haven't worn off for the devs :P 

IIRC It's the first weapon that's a new release and an Alert only "free" weapon. Hey, at least everyone still has the same chance of getting it~

This is quite an overreaction. "Being over the top?" Get real.

Edited by Azure_Kyte

So, there it finally is, the Glaive! Wuhu!

Can't wait till I get my hands on that amazing melee weapon from Dark Sector, will spend some platinum on rushing it! :)

Oh wait...where is the BP? Noooope, not there. But hey you can buy it for 150 platinum right? Or just wait till the Random Gods decide to give you an Alert for it.

So, anyone wants to tell me that this is not money making? Putting a super hyped and exciting weapon from Dark Sector in the game and when it is out slapping Players in the face and put a price tag on their chest?

And I dont need any Masters and Grand Masters who have enough Platinum to buy the US to put comments like "Its okay, they need to make money too!" here. Yes, I understand that. ...snip

Oh don't worry, if anything I'm just here to worn you the Glaive is terrible. It didn't take long for the novelty to wear off and realize how terrible the Glaive actually is. I am left feeling like I was scammed. Whats wrong with the Glaive? It's a few things put together, but it's ultimately one aspect of it that makes the other parts of the weapon also feel like a hindrance.

1. When throwing your Glaive and it is traveling through the air, you lose the ability to throw more glaives or even basic melee attack until it's return. Not that big a deal on its own.

2. The Glaive's charged attack will ricochet even when hitting enemies and go FLYING in random directions with no reliable way to control it. Instead of cleaving through people in a straight line (even though I keep cutting people clean in half) and killing multiple guys who are lined up, it takes several seconds to fly and bounce around every which way after killing only ONE guy. All while #1 is still in effect.

That is the problem. It hits hard, really hard. And it might seem like it could be worth it at first but then find your flat out wrong. My killing speed for all three factions dropped like a rock upon changing from fangs/duel-ethers to this piece of trash. Even now, using it fully modded... It's just a waste of time because of the BOUNCING and FLYING AROUND as it wastes time and I'm waiting hand and foot on it. And as said, it rarely hits more than one target, your lucky to hit 2. Hitting 3 guys in one throw is like lightning striking a submarine.

Some people have a method of getting around the randomness of it's bouncing: You throw it and miss on purpose, avoiding enemies and wall/floor alike, and when it boomerangs back to you, line them up and you can hit multiple targets with greater ease. The funny thing is, this is still just a way to try and 'cheat' around how the weapon is intended to work. And even then, it makes the weapon just barely passable... that's still not considering it can be difficult to pull off depending on the situation, which is most the time since it likes to have lots of room.

TL;DR

All in all, Glaive is really fun, until the novelty wears off and you realize just how bad of a weapon it is. It is NOT worth your money/platinum.

It's gimp, needs buff by removing crappy ricocheting effect.

Edited by Nako-Chan