The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Kubrow Permanently Died..? Are You Kidding Me, De?

Zanukacola

More people might actually buy Kubrows and actually use them if there was no permadeath... If anything put a long wait to be able to reuse the dog. Like maybe a 24 or 48 hour wait. They could put a Plat cost on rushing it to reuse the dog, or wait 2 days to use it again.

If he bought the car without knowing it well enough and it breaks down on him thats his fault isnt it?

The car didnt come with a warranty

There was plenty of information easily obtainable but he chose not ti look for it

He could have gotten the care entirely free if he wanted to as well

Im not arguing whether or not it should or shouldnt be the way it is

But as it is now its OPs fault

As for people playing dumb

I know and thats why i said it

This is why we have to remind people to use common sense on everything

Theyre so full of BS theyll take the chance to cheat anyone

Either way OP should have known

I worked there for 3 years and that's not how it works if something is wrong with the car you have to repair it before selling or have to tell it because if the car breaks down and the guy can prove that we sold it like that and didn't say anything we will have to pay for repairs there was this one time we legitimately didn't notice a problem and we still had to pay. Its both sides best interest that they both know everything about the car but if the buyer is some teen who don't know anything just buying his first car its our responsibility to make sure he knows that a part of his new cheap car might breaks down.

Let me ask you a simple question: is it possible to buy a kubrow without knowing it can die?  yes or no?

If the answer is yes then DE did something wrong. When you buy an egg the game should say that they can die and make you click agree to proceed and this problem never happens again one freakin line of dialog and the problem is solved forever. (Im talking about the problem of losing a purchased kubrow without knowing it can happen.) And if someone tries to play dumb DE can just say but you clicked agree. And yes OP should get a refund or his dog back this is in no way his fault.

Edit: Or more accurately there is no way of knowing if this was in any way his fault this is a digital purchase the only way to know is to make him click agree.

Edited by Shanor

I worked there for 3 years and that's not how it works if something is wrong with the car you have to repair it before selling or have to tell it because if the car breaks down and the guy can prove that we sold it like that and didn't say anything we will have to pay for repairs there was this one time we legitimately didn't notice a problem and we still had to pay. Its both sides best interest that they both know everything about the car but if the buyer is some teen who don't know anything just buying his first car its our responsibility to make sure he knows that a part of his new cheap car might breaks down.

Let me ask you a simple question: is it possible to buy a kubrow without knowing it can die?  yes or no?

If the answer is yes then DE did something wrong. When you buy an egg the game should say that they can die and make you click agree to proceed and this problem never happens again one freakin line of dialog and the problem is solved forever. (Im talking about the problem of losing a purchased kubrow without knowing it can happen.) And if someone tries to play dumb DE can just say but you clicked agree. And yes OP should get a refund or his dog back this is in no way his fault.

Edit: Or more accurately there is no way of knowing if this was in any way his fault this is a digital purchase the only way to know is to make him click agree.

May i ask what country youre in? And if you ever sell something as is?

There will always be someone who wont know it could die

You could plaster it on every page of every website and every part of the game and someone will still miss it

Whether or not h e gets anything back is up to DE but this is entirely his fault

DE Made it perfectly clear in devstreams months before the update and posts about the kubrows that THEY WILL DIE.

Ask yourself these questions.

Why does DE have you "feed" the kubrow? Why did DE make it to where it loses trust in you after it dies in a mission? Why did DE make it to where you kill wild kubrow and take their eggs? Why did DE make it to where kubrows can die a permanent death without "feeding" it?

Simple. They wanted it to be as realistic as possible and give us responsibility. What's the classic phrase a mother uses after "Can I keep it"? "You're taking care of it. you're responsible for it". As Edard Stark on GoT (game of thrones) said on the first episode "You'll train them yourselves, you'll feed it yourselves, and if they die you will bury them yourselves."

Let's be honest here and go down the list of facts about canines (which essentially kubrows are)

"Feeding" and "Shots" 

-your pet isn't going to live very long or be very healthy without nourishment and vet care. DE gave us the mercy to do both in one sitting.

Trust

- If YOU take your dog for a walk and every time that dog manages to hurt itself when you take it for a stroll (or a pull whichever your dog prefers) it will fear going out and then it will become aggressive when you near it with a leash or something it associates with the outside world. In a Kubrow's case, a warframe.

Killing the aggressive wild animals and taking their young.

- It's a proven fact that Wolves are the ancestors of the domestic dog, however the tame family member we know and love didn't come around by sitting around a campfire with ancient humans, telling stories, sharing food and becoming buddies. No. In reality wolf packs would hang around humans and eat the left overs (there were other and bigger predators out there at the time) and eventually earned their trust. Unfortunately Humans would kill the aggressive wolves and puppies and keep the more docile ones, bred them when they were old enough, and repeat the process. This is a process in practice with the Domesticated Kubrow. Something DE obviously researched.

Permadeath when left alone for too long.

- you don't expect to buy a puppy from a breeder (spend plat on 2 imprints) to get the perfect dog, wait for it to mature, then leave for a month or two on vacation without leaving food or water for him and expect to walk through the door to find him happy and healthy. In reality he'd be dead from dehydration in a few short and painful days.

Face it. If YOU want a pet in anything (game, irl, virtual, on a casual game on your tablet or phone, etc) you better be prepared to face consequences of leaving them unattended. Even virtual pets on an android or iOS phone have penalties for not taking care of them. If you payed money or not it's your fault because you didn't know how to take care of it. you shouldn't have to be told how to take care of a pet and you shouldn't have to be spoon fed information like a 3 year old child with a first goldfish (and let's face it, you're not 3 years old and by now I hope you know how to take care of a dog). You should do research before you're out pointing fingers. 

DE warned all of us. You just didn't bother looking on the forums for the information and it's your fault for doing so. Don't blame DE for your own error

As a side note you should always have a very closely trusted friend with your email and password to a game that requires your attention and have them trained to do things such as alerts you need or shove your kubrow into stasis for you if it's an emergency (ie; in the hospital or you forgot to put your kubrow into stasis while you're away from home without net, etc) just like you would have a friend looking after your animals irl in such cases. Warframe at this point is more than just a game anymore. Sometimes it's a fantasy taking the place of a second life with friends, family and such other things. However if you're on other games yourself and you're fully capable of logging in yourself, that's your own fault.

I know it's a long and harsh post and I'm sorry, but these are the facts. DE did their research for you and gave you a ball of fluff (among other awesome stuff) and you should thank them for doing it by listening to what they have to say about how to do certain things and researching the information itself. They work their asses off every day to keep this game free to play and it's unappreciative immature people like you that gives people bad first impressions of a game the community works so hard to keep afloat. I'm not saying this game and company has nothing wrong with them, I'm simply (and bluntly) putting forth the logic you fail to see.

DE is not a company that sugarcoats consequences. If it's your fault, you get the full blame. If you don't like that, then don't take part in the tidbits of the game that requires your attention.

Apologies for the long post.

Edited by prideofshadows

Your fault. It was said at the start they they would degrade and die. Should have put it in stasis.

Pretty much this. Before doing something it's always better to inform yourself about it. Take it as a life lesson.

If you want to raise that issue further you can still send a ticket at the player support desk.

Locking.