Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elements

RyouichiKitsune

Ok ill just break right into it. our elemental choices suck

Basic

Ice                              - Freezes ( Best for grineer)
Fire                            -Ignites ( Best for Infested)

Electricity                   -Electrocutes (Best for Corpus)

Toxin                          -Poisons ( best for Corrupted)

Combined

Corrosive - (Elec+toxin = Best for Grineer)

Gas - (Fire+toxin= best for infested)

Magnetic ( ice+elec = Best for corpus)

Viral(ice +toxin = Best for Towers/Corrupted)

Radiation (Fire+elec = Best for....ets face it. Tenno)

Blast- Explosion (ice+fire = Best for..practically anything big)

Now im not sure about anyone else....but when i pick an element. im never really looking at WHAT element im using as it really didnt matter. it just ment more damage... and sometimes i have 2 combinations of combinations ( magnetic+corrosive) usually something veering away from infested as they're still a joke with w/e gun you go at them with IMO

So heres my proposed plan.

Semi Status chances. basically something that always happens upon hit. you got big &#! flames on your weapons? what kind of sense does it make that it only catches fire every 5.5% of the time? always have something happen. atleast if they're weak to it.

Fire = Burn. Once hit if weak to it will constantly burn until diminished.

Ice = Chilled. Once hit will slow the shooters firerate by 12 (OR) 25%

Electricity = Surge. Once hit lets sheilds recover more slowly.

Viral = Spore. The more the enemy is hit the more spores it collects/spreads upon death.

give that a spin in your head. its probably not going to be accepted as it will make the game "even easier" but. seriously im shooting volted lightning out of my gun with fireblades of death. i expect something to happy in the least.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Part 2

Was going to make this 2 posts but said skrew it and made it one big post

New elementals

Introducing the Earth Element

Earth = Status Effect Chance = Root. Enemy is Rooted in place

Not really best but versatile against all factions. the "normal" elemental pretty much.

Mixtures

Mud = (Ice+Earth) Blinds and Slows target

Metal = (Fire+Earth) Critical Dealing 1.5x Damage

??? = (Earth+electricity) ??? honestly i have no idea what to put here

Sap = (Earth+Viral) Deals Damage equal to healing you.

Now that was a base element.lets move on to.-

Mega Combinations

I dont know about you but i pack all 4 elements on my guns sometimes and sometimes triple fire with 1 blast...lets mix this single stuff up. bare with me this was poorly thought out as all are my ideas.

Radiation+Viral= Mutation

Blast+Gas = PoisonCloud

Corrosive+Magnetic= No idea what to call it atm. so lets move on.

and blah de blah. ill probably type more here later on. idk. atm i want a break. so yeah.

Leave your flamewars and hatemail below

Ryou Signing out.

We do not need mini-statuses as you describe them, as you say; they are a mechanic to make the game easier, which it does not need to do at this time, but a more obvious weakness to a certain element may be a good direction to go in.

For example, enemies weak to a certain proc type have that proc type effect them for a longer duration, to encourage the use of elements certain enemies are weak to, which is not all that necessary at the moment.

Moved to a more appropriate subforum.

We do not need mini-statuses as you describe them, as you say, they are a mechanic to make the game easier, which it does not need to do at this time, but a more obvious weakness to a certain element may be a good direction to go in.

For example. enemies weak to a certain proc type have that proc type effect them for a longer duration, to encourage the use of elements certain enemies are weak to, which is not all that necessary at the moment.

Moved to a more appropriate subforum.

didnt even know fan concepts existedlol. thanks.but i feel we kinda need an "all around" element.

Last I checked "Blast" is the all-around element- nothing particularly weak to it, but nothing particularly strong against it.

Also, I personally don't like trying to make things like water, earth, and wind into elements in Warframe because so far all the elements we have are things that can "realistically" be applied to modern weapons, not just some abstract elemental magic.