Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Affinity/damage Numbers

(PSN)theelix

Now, before you read any further, let me first state that I am aware that there have been many other threads that provide suggestions about affinity numbers and it's about the reason why they added the Affinity/Damage number toggle. I also would like to make it clear that I do know that there is an Affinity/Damage number toggle.

The problem with both of these things is that with damage numbers on, at range, I can't see what I'm hitting. With damage numbers off, I don't know if I'm hitting something or if it's dead or if I proc'd something, which is also a big problem. I'm aware that the reticle or cursor or whatever it's called turns red when I do damage. That's worse, because if I had the damage numbers off and I proc'd, I dunno say, gas or electric or slash or blast it'll give me one red blip and I'm not sure how many I hit unless I have blast or electric, which knocks them down or stuns them, respectively. If I proc gas or slash, I could be shooting something that's dead for another forty seconds because I'm getting the red blips from other proc'd enemies. 

Now, I propose a suggestion. Why don't we restrict the damage numbers to being outside of the reload circle? You'll be able to see at range and it won't be rdiculously far off, so you'll know you're hitting what you're shooting at and you'll be able to tell what you proc'd. The affinity number should be visible over the head of whatever was killed, BUT it should fade when you're aiming at it like Mirage's Hall of Mirrors does. 

If anyone has any further suggestions, please share them.