Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Glaive Blueprint? Fine, No Support From Me.

Sikab

When I noticed there is no BP I was a little disappointed as well.

But then I realized we already have a lot of items whose BP's only drop on alert missions but can be bought only with platin. E.g. the secondary helmest which I was ok with. Even though I was quite frustated when I noticed I missed two Frost Helmet BP drops in a row because I was sleeping and had to attend to my university.

Well, at least I was ok with it until now. Because the addition of a new item in the store that is only purchasable with platin made me thinking about the current alert system.

Lets review what we have. We get ~2 Alert missions per hour that are generated randomly. About 75% of them are without an special reward. About 75% of the remaining 25% drop Artifacts of which you can collect all after a month. So just a little more than 5% are BP's that are not sold in the store. The current trend tells us that the amount of BP's that only drop on alert missions is increasing. So the chance to get the BP of you desire is incredible low. And only if you unlocked all the locations and are awake and ready to play 24/7.

Well these numbers I used are estimations of what I saw in the Twitter page but we can all agree that it is incredible hard and time consuming to get those rare BP's that are otherwise really easy to get when you pay real money.

Tbh. we cant complain about the marketing strategie. Either it turns out profitable or the game dies out. Thats the truth. That also means that a bad marketing strategie may scare away potentially paying players.

So the question is whether or not the current implementation of the Alert system is good enough to keep players motivated to play the game by rewarding them those rare BP's that are not available otherwise.

I believe it is not. Either the drop rates of the BP rewards and/or the time window of the alert missions have to be increased or there have to be additional ways to get those BP's through regular gameplay. Just like warframes (the current way to gain a warframes of your desire is great!).

Before you ask. I already bought some platin. I bought them to get more warframe and weapon slots, a color pattern, visual customizations for my Sentinels as well as a few Orcin Reactors/Catalysators. But the main reason I bought platin was to support the team which are doing a great job and because I love their game :)

But I will never ever buy Warframes or Weapons. I already regret buying a Sentinel because the price was awesome (you get a free Orcin Reactor and Catalyst). I regret it mainly because I would have no reason to play the game if there is no reason to get these BP's by fighting bosses over and over again and getting those ressources you need to build them.

TL;DR

- I believe the current alert system is not enough to reward players with BP's that are not available without spending real money to keep the playerbase playing the game.

- We need a more reliable way(s) to get those "rare" BP's.

Anyone agrees?

I'm not sold on the idea they weren't aware.

Neither am I. Just keeping it a possibility!

Well, there was certainly some degree of internal miscommunication. Remember, DERebecca was surprised to learn that the blueprints weren't on sale in the market, and had to go back and amend the patch notes.

This is true.

this makes it be so that there is more to farm for than just ingredients to recipes i like the system...and there are plenty of items that are in the system like this and only able to get via alerts...soooo yeah sorry but as you stated you were probably going to get down voted......and alot here have done so.

if you think about it, would you find it more fun on "finding" a blueprint and feeling the Sense of achievement from it? cause i should would, i get so much satisfaction from finding things and building it then just buying the darn thing straight away =/ even though there are some weapons and blueprints you can buy straight away but having the Resource to build them is more fun then anything

TL;DR

- I believe the current alert system is not enough to reward players with BP's that are not available without spending real money to keep the playerbase playing the game.

- We need a more reliable way(s) to get those "rare" BP's.

Anyone agrees?

A very reasonable post.  If they were to move away from their current revenue-generating method of "skip the grind" or in other words "offer convenience," they will need to come up with some new ways to make money.  Let's just hope they've been carefully weighing their options and are willing to give different things a try.

Oh and I read the whole thing XD dun worry.

I think we all need to keep things in perspective, I do understand where the OP is coming from but at the same time we have to understand that Digital Extremes is not a non profit organization, they do have overhead costs etc. So making the weapon available by platinum only is just one of the strategic ways they will generate revenue in order to continue development of the game. The glaive is a very cool weapon but its not game breaking or a game changer in my opinion. I will admit I was disappointed when I noticed there wasn't a blueprint but I am sure they may add one eventually. How will they make money if they provide alternative ways to EASILY obtain everything in game. If this game were PvP based then I would totally have to be on the side of the OP since the lack of "access" to the glaive could be a potential disadvantage to the F2P players and taking an approach like what valve is doing with the cosmetics in DOTA 2 might be the way to go, fortunately for us that's not the case. Once your in a position to support the game please do, many of you think like "gamers" and that's understandable but if you guys do some research into how much it costs to even undertake a project of this scope and size you will surely understand. DE is no Blizzard ( in terms of resources, not talent ), so please keep that in mind OP.

Edited by Naga221

after 800+ responses they better do something

It is their choice. 

If they don't do something I'll accept that this once, but that will come with the expectation to never repeat this same incident again.

From now on and until the distant future I would like DE to make sure that if they want to add an item that is limited to Plat/Alerts only then they should release that item alongside another item that is Plat/MarketBlueprint as well. 

That is literally the simplest solution I can think of that doesn't require huge changing to anything.

However I maintain the opinion that they should just avoid this type of release in general. I understand the unlikeliness of them actually doing that though.

Edited by Blatantfool

I think we all need to keep things in perspective, I do understand where the OP is coming from but at the same time we have to understand that Digital Extremes is not a non profit organization, they do have overhead costs etc. So making the weapon available by platinum only is just one of the strategic ways they will generate revenue in order to continue development of the game. The glaive is a very cool weapon but its not game breaking or a game changer in my opinion. I will admit I was disappointed when I noticed there wasn't a blueprint but I am sure they may add one eventually. How will they make money if they provide alternative ways to EASILY obtain everything in game. If this game were PvP based then I would totally have to be on the side of the OP since the lack of "access" to the glaive could be a potential disadvantage to the F2P players and taking an approach like what valve is doing with the cosmetics in DOTA 2 might be the way to go, fortunately for us that's not the case. Once your in a position to support the game please do, many of you think like "gamers" and that's understandable but if you guys do some research into how much it costs to even undertake a project of this scope and size you will surely understand. DE is no Blizzard ( in terms of resources, not talent ), so please keep that in mind OP.

i know what you mean but u also got to take into account there are much much better ways in getting the financial quota, example is what a lot of ppl been saying in this thread is monetizing skins. Other f2p games have utilized this with great success but what they dont do is monetize non skin items especially something with this much anticipation. This is like a seperate way of making money, a frowned upon way if u ask me on how to describe it.

In short  im not against money making but the method of money making.

Why haven't the color true black been added. lots of money making right there.

Why haven't the color true black been added. lots of money making right there.

Because once you go black...

I'm seriously thinking they're delaying the "obviously popular" colors like true black since they want us to explore customizing with other colors.  I would hate to see everyone in the game all running around in complete black, as that'll ruin the individuality and uniqueness of each player.

That and once they added black, they can forget about setting another color palette. Lol.

I personally would've been ok with them putting it as Platinum only, but that is just me being biased since I already have platinum.  But a better way as mentioned by lots of people would be to give credit-only people a scaled downed version of the glaive: not as cool, glamourous, etc.  Maybe a simple disk or a boomerang.  Or if that's too much of a downer, alternatively let us craft for credit this current glaive, but offer a platinum-only skin of it that looks 5x more awesome (bigger, shinier, cooler sound, particle trail when thrown, etc).  

Let everyone enjoy this new weapon, but differentiate between F2P and paying players via visual/cosmetic upgrade.  

This is the suggestion that currently seems most reasonable.  And I don't think I've yet seen someone offer a legitimate reason why this should not be done in lieu of the current plat/?alert only system.

Edit: Oh and if you think "but still, many people will not care about the small visual/cosmetic differences between the F2P and the Platinum only glaives.  Then how do we get enough people to care enough to pay for the cooler-looking one?"  Simple.  Instead of making the credit one sold at market, you make it a drop from bosses, or a reward from defense mission, or many other ways that are not instant and trivial, but people can work towards obtaining.  Just don't put it as a ?-alert reward, since that whole system has nothing to do with effort, only luck.

Edited by Gestalt

When was the last time you saw a 41 page topic in GENERAL discussions?

(40+ page topics are common for announcments/ update posts etc)

Not often, But like anything that is a big deal to the community there is a bunch of back and forth.

Guess it just goes to show how seriously people take this topic.

Because once you go black...

..You start flying. 8D

...But in all seriousness, you're probably right regarding the colours. I do wonder if they'll try to expand into more warframe customisability, though. Honestly, it seems like it could be a profitable avenue (on the other hand, you don't want Warframes running around with top hats and monocles, so I suppose it's a matter of making things that fit the warframes, which is tough... especially since it'd have to be an adjusted on a per-warframe basis. =/)

The platinum system in general might need looking at, though. Especially if they're lacking money right now.

(on the other hand, you don't want Warframes running around with top hats and monocles,

Now that you mention it ..

Maybe only on public holidays? Or the first Sunday of the month?

I mean, that would be great .. occasionally.

Now that you mention it ..

Maybe only on public holidays? Or the first Sunday of the month?

I mean, that would be great .. occasionally.

Eheheh, I'll admit I'd personally find it hilarious. I actually joined the game at around the time Easter set in, so my first impression of the Grineer was "Huh, the enemies have bunny ears."

It took me embarrassingly long to figure out that that was just an Easter thing. >_>

On a side note, my spellcheck tried to change 'warframe customisability' to 'warframe combustibility'. I don't think my spellcheck likes Warframe.

to be quite honest, many melee weapons are part of the alert system, so i don't see any problem with this. I really don't think melee weapons are game changers either, just a fun thing to have. i'm actually okay with this, just gives me something to look forward to getting.