The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Glaive Blueprint? Fine, No Support From Me.

Sikab

People are making such a huge stink over nothing, Its not like you have to pay for it anyways. If you like the game and play it regularly then you have a chance of getting it. If they want to put cool S#&$ in their game that people have the option of paying for good for them. At least you aren't playing some S#&$ty game where you will never have the chance of getting it unless you shell out money. I personally have put over 180+ hours into the game so far and only have spent 10 bucks on the game for slots for warframes.

While its nice to have cool stuff right away just from simply buying a stupid blueprint from the marketplace it would still be kind of boring if everything in the game was just as easy as that. Hell, we have alerts now that give over 10k credits. I could literally scratch my &#! and make the money to buy the blueprint if it was on the marketplace. 

Hell, this past month alone they've released like 5 new items, new tilesets and fixed tons of stuff wrong with the game and now people are complaining hardcore about them wanting to make money off something flashy and cool. 

If you want your crap bad enough try

playing the game

Edited by grillv20

The Glaive's rareness adds value. It's good to have some things to work for in the game, including incentive to comeplete missions and unlock more areas for alerts.

Dude lets take as an example the exc avalon helmet u know how many "?" alerts came with it? The "random" aspect bugs me a lot!

The Glaive's rareness adds value. It's good to have some things to work for in the game, including incentive to comeplete missions and unlock more areas for alerts.

Except you don't have to "work for" alerts. You do not earn alerts, you have to be present at the moment in time they appear. You don't even need to open the planet, you just ask someone else to invite you and done.

I'm personally fine with it being Alert only. It's a ranged melee weapon, out of all the blueprints in the random alert pool, it's one of those that should be in there.

I'm a F2P and I have nothing really to complain about.

The game is F2P, so wouldn't everyone be a F2P? D:

Always gets me when people use that term to describe themselves as playing without buying from anykind of cashshop.

People are making such a huge stink over nothing, Its not like you have to pay for it anyways. If you like the game and play it regularly then you have a chance of getting it. If they want to put cool S#&$ in their game that people have the option of paying for good for them. At least you aren't playing some S#&$ty game where you will never have the chance of getting it unless you shell out money. I personally have put over 180+ hours into the game so far and only have spent 10 bucks on the game for slots for warframes.

While its nice to have cool stuff right away just from simply buying a stupid blueprint from the marketplace it would still be kind of boring if everything in the game was just as easy as that. Hell, we have alerts now that give over 10k credits. I could literally scratch my &#! and make the money to buy the blueprint if it was on the marketplace. 

Hell, this past month alone they've released like 5 new items, new tilesets and fixed tons of stuff wrong with the game and now people are complaining hardcore about them wanting to make money off something flashy and cool. 

If you want your crap bad enough try

playing the game

I personally play 8hours + per day for months now, and still never seen a single ? mission that gave me anything beside Cards or Potatoes.

Imagine what are the chances when some1 don't have that amount of time to play as for example... me. What are his chances?

Edited by Sikab

I personally play 8hours + per day for months now, and still never seen a single ? mission that gave me anything beside Cards or Potatoes.

Imagine what are the chances when some1 don't have that amount of time to play as for example... me. What are his chances?

Yes im 100% ok with farm but the "RANDOM SYSTEM" feels rly bad!

Apparently at 8 AM my time (Mountain) there was a Trinity Helmet alert... lol who the hell plays a game at 8 am? Some of us have to work!

Main problem I have with certain items being alert only is - the more items there are, the less chance you'll get what you're interested in. ? alerts having scavenger/amp artifacts about half of the times isn't helping, either.

I play less on weekdays and possibly the same on weekends, it depends on commitments. I have had most of the alt helmets at least once, and a bunch of weapons (as well as the stuff you mentioned) this is not a ner ner ner ner post. But highlights that his chances of getting it are not affected by the amount of hours played more by when he plays them.

Alert only weapons or plat.

Ceramic Dagger.

Dark Dagger.

Dark Sword.

Heat Dagger.

Heat Sword.

Jaw Sword.

Pangolin Sword.

Plasma Sword.

Where was the outrage for all this weapons?

There wasnt? I wonder why.....

Is it because you didnt care for those weapons?

Probably so.

When you guys are going to try to make a point you should look at the point you making thoroughly before actually making it because that point may not hold any water at all.

You guys are complaining about a system that has been in the game for a long time now.

You guys are not seeing anything new at all.

While I am &!$$ed that I won't have a shiny new glaive to play with tomorrow...there really isn't anything wrong with making this a ? blueprint weapon. It only hurts because I want it so much.

This is how I feel. I'll buy it on pay day. I REALLLLY want an alert to magically pop-up now, but I will live just fine.

And working in the industry gives me a little perspective -- this isn't a cash grab, this is an accident that will reap great rewards. Here's a hint: developers don't usually know how much of what players say about coming stuff is hype and how much is genuine interest and how much is sarcasm -- they're too busy. Also, Steve and Rebecca and ANYONE THAT HAS SIGNIFICANT COMMUNITY INTERACTION don't set those kinds of things, I'll bet my house. My company uses a financial consultant, DE doesnt appear to have one -- but regardless, those decisions are usually deep magic done in dark rooms by unphotogenic people.

Also: my guess as to how it went down? They forgot about weapons like the heat dagger, then they were talking about how to distribute the glaive in a way that kept it at least a BIT rare -- and someone remembered. And then they realized that they'd neglected that subset of item availability. OOPS.  Let's just shove this in there then!

(That and weapon plat prices are still insane.)

Disagreement. But then again, I bought literally everything available for plat. And will do it again after I get the reset. Hooray!

I play less on weekdays and possibly the same on weekends, it depends on commitments. I have had most of the alt helmets at least once, and a bunch of weapons (as well as the stuff you mentioned) this is not a ner ner ner ner post. But highlights that his chances of getting it are not affected by the amount of hours played more by when he plays them.

Clearly, but time played drastically increases your chances... It should that is.

Ceramic Dagger.

Dark Dagger.

Dark Sword.

Heat Dagger.

Heat Sword.

Jaw Sword.

Pangolin Sword.

Plasma Sword.

Probably so.

When you guys are going to try to make a point you should look at the point you making thoroughly before actually making it because that point may not hold any water at all.

You guys are complaining about a system that has been in the game for a long time now.

It's because those are only sidegrades of the ones available in the market. You can pick a Sword anytime you want.

Glaive is the first of it's kind. You don't have the option to get it whenever you want.
Edited by Sikab

Apparently at 8 AM my time (Mountain) there was a Trinity Helmet alert... lol who the hell plays a game at 8 am? Some of us have to work!

2pm in my timezone, and it differs for all the other timezones....

Perhaps the region setting could be locked to your account and then individual alert timers for each of them

To be honest, given the Heat Dagger precedent, I'm fine with it being an Alert-only reward.

However, I think it was an extremely poor choice to let the hype on the Glaive build up without being honest with us and telling us that it would be alert only. I have the plat, of course, but I can't imagine how the players who spent hours grind the mats so that they could have it as soon as possible would feel - I know I woke up this morning really excited for the Glaive. I can't help but think this would feel like a slap in the face to some F2P players.

In conclusion, I'm okay with it being alert only; I just wish they would have been honest and forthcoming with how to get it. The way they did it, it just feels like they're trying use people's excitement and hype to get as many purchases as possible. Of course it's a great marketing tactic and they'll earn plenty from it, but it feels disrespectful to the players and I can't help but feel it will alienate much of the playerbase.

This was a S#&$ a move. I'd rather grind in-game cash for weapon packs(which is why i stopped playing ME3 MP a year ago) than wait for a "random" alert to get the BP sometime whenever they feel like they milked it for enough plat.

and none of those weapons above besides heat dagger can be bought with PLAT..

Ceramic Dagger.

Dark Dagger.

Dark Sword.

Heat Dagger.

Heat Sword.

Jaw Sword.

Pangolin Sword.

Plasma Sword.

Probably so.

Show me where i can buy them for Plat? The only one on that list is heat dagger.. do some reasearch before you post garbage

To be honest, given the Heat Dagger precedent, I'm fine with it being an Alert-only reward.

However, I think it was an extremely poor choice to let the hype on the Glaive build up without being honest with us and telling us that it would be alert only. I have the plat, of course, but I can't imagine how the players who spent hours grind the mats so that they could have it as soon as possible would feel - I know I woke up this morning really excited for the Glaive. I can't help but think this would feel like a slap in the face to some F2P players.

In conclusion, I'm okay with it being alert only; I just wish they would have been honest and forthcoming with how to get it. The way they did it, it just feels like they're trying use people's excitement and hype to get as many purchases as possible. Of course it's a great marketing tactic and they'll earn plenty from it, but it feels disrespectful to the players and I can't help but feel it will alienate much of the playerbase.

Or it will chase a lot of ppl away. Usually this lvl of Cash Hunger is a big &#! warning sign to abandon the ship.

Like I said in my prior post, it was probably a last minute decision made by people not entirely in the loop when it comes to those things.

On the one hand, I can see the upset at the much-anticipated weapon being made hard to get unless you cough up platinum.

On the other hand, their intent with it is clear - the Devs intend for the Glaive to be a weapon on par in rarity with the Dark Sword, or other weapons you can't get from the market.  

This might make some of us who were (semi) patiently waiting for it feel a little cheated, since there's no instant gratification for it.  However, keeping it this way makes it a much more sought-after weapon.  I'm okay with this.