The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Glaive Blueprint? Fine, No Support From Me.

Sikab

Or it will chase a lot of ppl away. Usually this lvl of Cash Hunger is a big &#! warning sign to abandon the ship.

Stuff like this Glaive incident bring a bad reputation to this game and make them see like EA. No one wants to be like EA...

I respectfully disagree.  It's awesome looking and if it's rare it'll be something that keeps people coming back and checking for alerts and so on. 

It's not rare. Every Founder will buy it, Any1 who pay will Get it.

It would be rare if it isn't even in the Shop at all... not even for platinum. For now, in this form, it's not rare... it's just a moneygrab.

Edited by Sikab

I think the point is that the other Alert only weapons are not available for Platinum, so it does feel a little underhanded to hype the weapon out and then restrict it to Platinum only releases.

Getting the alert only weapons feels nice since they have their own rarity levels without being broken. None of them are anything new to gameplay nor are they gamebreaking, they are just cool to have. 

Edited by katari

It's not rare. Every Founder will buy it, Any1 who pay will Get it.

It would be rare if it isn't even in the Shop at all... not even for platinum.

It won't be rare. Truth.

It also won't be exceptionally common, and it fills out a neglected segment of the item availability tiers.

I think the point is that the other Alert only weapons are not available for Platinum, so it does feel a little underhanded to hype the weapon out and then restrict it to Platinum only releases.

You nailed it.

On the one hand, I can see the upset at the much-anticipated weapon being made hard to get unless you cough up platinum.

On the other hand, their intent with it is clear - the Devs intend for the Glaive to be a weapon on par in rarity with the Dark Sword, or other weapons you can't get from the market.  

This might make some of us who were (semi) patiently waiting for it feel a little cheated, since there's no instant gratification for it.  However, keeping it this way makes it a much more sought-after weapon.  I'm okay with this.

If they want it to be on par with the Dark Sword...why is it buyable with plat?

Wrong. You should have said "not the Heat Dagger". And the Heat Dagger is a worthless weapon that no one pays attention to, except to collect. This why no one complained....they didn't notice.

Actually you just proved my point.

Weapon i dont care about, meh.

Weapon i care about THE SKY IS FALLING WAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! Your business practices are EEEEEEEVIILL!!

This is just humorous.

Or it will chase a lot of ppl away. Usually this lvl of Cash Hunger is a big &#! warning sign to abandon the ship.

That is indeed the impression I am receiving. I admire DE for their communication and the respect they've consistently shown to their playerbase; that's why I chose to support them. This, however, feels very off to me.

Like I said in my prior post, it was probably a last minute decision made by people not entirely in the loop when it comes to those things.

This is reasonable, though if that is the case then perhaps a one-hour special alert would have been a better way to handle it. If this is the case, I'd likely still get my Master package.

Really, I'm on the fence with this whole thing. My main issue is with the delivery, not with the status of the item itself.

If their data shows that more people will buy the glaive with platinum, instead of waiting for the alert, I can see the rest of the alert weapons showing up on the market for platinum as well. 

Would it bother me?  A little, but I'll be patient. 

You nailed it.

Except for the fact that (and this has been stated before) they didn't do the hyping. The community did. They didn't even know if they were allowed to talk about it last livestream! And like I said before, the difference between hype (which builds interest UNTIL release with fast falloff) and genuine interest (which builds interest THROUGH release and has a very slow falloff which is offset further by new players) is hard to gauge, and people other than marketers don't get paid to tell the difference.

Actually you just proved my point.

Weapon i dont care about, meh.

Weapon i care about THE SKY IS FALLING WAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! Your business practices are EEEEEEEVIILL!!

This is just humorous.

Ask your self why ppl care about it?

Its the only one of its kind. A ranged melee weapon.

Thats like making a rocket launcher and making it plat only. Its horrible and changed my view on DE

I'll never support Any introduction of weapons (which are core to gameplay) that is only available day1 for those who Pay.

There are already plenty of weapons in the game. Is them making a single one harder to get honestly that horrible?

It's just like the Banshee. You have to work to get it. If everything in the game was instantly offered out on a silver platter, the game would be rather bland.

Might I add that you can get the damn thing from alerts? You act like it's impossible to obtain without paying for it.

Edited by Nitresco

This is reasonable, though if that is the case then perhaps a one-hour special alert would have been a better way to handle it. If this is the case, I'd likely still get my Master package.

Really, I'm on the fence with this whole thing. My main issue is with the delivery, not with the status of the item itself.

The people responsible for working with the community, the people responsible for developing, and the people responsible for financial decisions are usually kept in seperate boxes. The special alert (which I SOOOO want myself) would require the first to get the second and third on board. The second would likely go for it, the third would likely want to use this for datagathering to see how to avoid poking the angry community lion with pointy sticks in the future.

The smart decision is to let this one go and THEN not let these kinds of things happen in the future, or at least mitigate the consequences.

Ask your self why ppl care about it?

Its the only one of its kind. A ranged melee weapon.

Thats like making a rocket launcher and making it plat only. Its horrible and changed my view on DE

It changed your view because you are crying over a weapon not because of what they have done because this is not a new practice.

There are already plenty of weapons in the game. Is them making a single one harder to get honestly that horrible?

It's just like the Banshee. You have to work to get it. If everything in the game was instantly offered out on a silver platter, the game would be rather bland.

You have to work to get the Banshee. You don't have to work to get alerts. You have to be online when they feel like appearing. This is not effort, this is not challenge, this is an arbitrary limitation. You don't earn what you get from alerts....you were just there when it was freely given to everyone.

I don't think this is a good system for the Glaive.

Did I "earn" a warframe when I spent hours farming for it? Yes. Did I earn something because I was simply online when compared to another person who was sleeping, eating, or reading a book in the 30 minutes or whatever it takes for the alert to disappear? no.

Edited by CaligoIllioneus

Well I think DE could have handled it much better, they could have made the glaive a Mastery restricted weapon which would encourage lower level players to master weapons and warframes in order to obtain it. I think this would have been far more effective and true to the original business model they presented us. However, making the Glaive available as is seems just not right for some reason.

The free to play model is a tough one to deal with, some will complain about pay to win (though they really mean pay to enjoy) and well I rather have most platinum only purchases be purely cosmetic enhancements.

I think the way they handled helmets and colors and the sentinel skins are ideal. However, the glaive ordeal is not something I feel I can approve of. Despite of this I still consider DE to be devoted to the player and I hope to see more of them. Hopefully, next time they can tell us ahead of time that a weapon would be Alert Only.

You have to work to get the Banshee. You don't have to work to get alerts. You have to be online when they feel like appearing. This is not effort, this is not challenge, this is an arbitrary limitation. You don't earn what you get from alerts....you were just there when it was freely given to everyone.

I don't think this is a good system for the Glaive.

I have heard from Steve and Scinbed in chat that they plan on making the alert system better over time. GIven that, it's a good idea to put it there NOW so people don't whine when it gets changed LATER.

BETA, not FINAL FINISHED PRODUCT. It's an important distinction, and an easily forgotten one.