The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fix The Gordon

Fleija

This gun is god awful now, especially in defense maps. It was perfectly fine before the patch, now its just a really horrible shotgun that has no real advantages except lighting up massive targets at close range... that is assuming if you can get to the boss without wasting 80% of your ammo trying to shoot the normal enemies. Please return the accuracy back to normal.  I cant even burst fire at med range without going through half the ammo because the gun doesn't reset the spool anymore when you tap the mouse button, on top of that it has horrible accuracy.

People already didn't like this gun too much...now it really does suck.

Edited by Fleija

I think what they should do is drastically increase gorgon's ammo store instead of having ammo type dictate how much ammo you get. You're still inaccurate as hell, but now you can afford to be.

Or they can fix the accuracy, which is the better, more reasonable solution...there was nothing wrong with this gun in the first place before the patch.

Gorgon wasn't working as it was supposed to pre-patch. Now its more in line with its intended function. Lead hose. I'm sure we've all noticed by now a theme in Grineer weaponry. High fire rate, spotty accuracy. Guess I'm just gonna follow Moonicus around all evening.

Edited by Vilesavant

I think what they should do is drastically increase gorgon's ammo store instead of having ammo type dictate how much ammo you get. You're still inaccurate as hell, but now you can afford to be.

ha! I'd like that! 1200 rounds so you can keep your finger on the left mouse button for half the mission xD

Edited by The_Doc

Gorgon wasn't working as it was supposed to pre-patch. Now its more in line with its intended function. Lead hose. I'm sure we've all noticed by now a theme in Grineer weaponry. High fire rate, spotty accuracy. Guess I'm just gonna follow Moonicus around all evening.

It's a hard life, man.

Instead of reverting the accuracy, which was a FIX, perhaps now they can look at its ammunition storage so that it can actually act like a minigun, and not a sniper rifle that fired 12 rounds a second. That would be BALANCE.

adding more ammo wont re-balance the gun, it will only make you waste more ammo, especially sense they changed the spooling too...

adding more ammo wont re-balance the gun, it will only make you waste more ammo, especially sense they changed the spooling too...

Yes, it will. Since it's inaccurate as hell, you need more bullets to kill stuff. It has an absurd fire rate when spooled, so these bullets can go downrange quite quickly. However, that means you run out of ammo quickly, so more ammo solves that problem.

On that note, ammo mods need to give a much larger bonus. Max ammo drum doesn't even double your ammo, so it's more ammo-efficient to just have more damage...

I did a test with both Gorgon and Boltor against Lech Kril

Boltor: 90% Cryo, 90% Shock, 60% AP, 105% dmg, 90% Multishot, 50% Firerate

Gorgon: 90% Cryo, 60% AP, 105% dmg, 90% Multishot (the other 2 mods are Reload and Ammo)

Boltor: 400 body shots to kill Lech Kril.

Gorgon: 300 body shots.

Here is the thing: I was using Rhino and with invincibility I have no problem standing right next to Lech Kril and unleash my whole clip to him. Gorgon's accuracy change is noticeable.

Solution: They should reverse it or increase Gorgon ammo capacity (separate all weapons ammo capacity)

Temporary Solution: Right now 6 Frames can still make Gorgon a monster:

- Rhino/Trinity: Iron Skin and Link

- Ash/Loki: Smoke Bomb and Invisibility

- Mag: Bullet Attractor

- Frost: Snow Globe

Edited by Crimson_King256

there use to be nothing wrong with it because it did everything well.

now it has its downsides, just like every other weapon. people will settle down once they realize there are other weps they can use in this game.

unless its restored to what it use to be people wont quite down, no matter how reasonable your suggestions for a balanced gorgon (what it is right now). and that obviously isnt going to happen.
Edited by MetalGerbil

The change to the Gorgon and Hek made a space for the latron to fit in, previously it really didn't have a place in game, certainly nothing to justify keeping it around once capped, now there is. My initial reaction to the Gorgon change was "S#&$ and I just bought one and stuck a potato in". However, after running a couple of missions I would say it is fine, and does what it is supposed to, carry a bolto or Lex for the stuff too far out for the gorgon.

As it is the Gorgon Is still perfectly fine for burning down bosses and hosing infested.

Edited by HexCaliber

they REALLY need to fix the Gorgon. I can totally understand and agree that the semi fire accuracy shouldnt be so perfect when shooting one round. However, full auto fire is a mess, even when zoomed in. No thank you, please make that part like before DE.

The Grakata and Vipers are all extremely accurate (although the recoil of the Grakata disguised that). The Kraken too.

Grineer weapons are high accuracy high fire rate and either high power and unwieldy or low power. The Grakata's the low power example. The Kraken's kick means without serious fire rate mods and adjusting for recoil you lose half of your DPS. The Viper has a tiny magazine which means it's basically a single-shot pre-nerf Hek that uses 14 pistol rounds instead of 1 shotgun shell.

To keep in theme the Gorgon should have kept its accuracy and lost its maneuverability. Make it spray everywhere while unaimed and slow you down while firing. Have Tenno brace themselves, having a broad-legged stance, to compensate for the recoil. If you can't move while using the Gorgon, it becomes an actual machinegun-a heavy support weapon that you use to provide long range support fire against point targets (single enemies like bosses) or area targets (hordes). A weapon that makes you hugely vulnerable because you're in the open, without the ability to move or dodge while shooting. Have it give a movement speed penalty while spinning down as well. There. Weapon is now "nerfed" and significantly weaker without any accuracy reductions.

Warframe retains a proper machine gun, everyone is happy.

The Grakata and Vipers are all extremely accurate (although the recoil of the Grakata disguised that). The Kraken too.

Grineer weapons are high accuracy high fire rate and either high power and unwieldy or low power. The Grakata's the low power example. The Kraken's kick means without serious fire rate mods and adjusting for recoil you lose half of your DPS. The Viper has a tiny magazine which means it's basically a single-shot pre-nerf Hek that uses 14 pistol rounds instead of 1 shotgun shell.

To keep in theme the Gorgon should have kept its accuracy and lost its maneuverability. Make it spray everywhere while unaimed and slow you down while firing. Have Tenno brace themselves, having a broad-legged stance, to compensate for the recoil. If you can't move while using the Gorgon, it becomes an actual machinegun-a heavy support weapon that you use to provide long range support fire against point targets (single enemies like bosses) or area targets (hordes). A weapon that makes you hugely vulnerable because you're in the open, without the ability to move or dodge while shooting. Have it give a movement speed penalty while spinning down as well. There. Weapon is now "nerfed" and significantly weaker without any accuracy reductions.

Warframe retains a proper machine gun, everyone is happy.

I agree whole heartedly with you. A very good idea that accomplishes all goals and imo leaves fans and devs happy.

well firing it crouched or zoomed in (hard aimed) should be enough. They don't need to immobilize us at all. That's kind of silly. I don't want the game to be some slow paced game. Standing still in the higher levels of the game and soloing sucks, you die. They always said they supported solo scaling (immortalized on twitter and in game) but I haven't seen it at the end game stuff really without playing sam fisher style which is boring for this game.