Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Glaive...

InsaneAction

Love it!

One thing, I'd love it even more if you could "hold" the charge attack. Similar to the Paris holding the arrow back...

Sometimes it's a little tricky to aim that shot when you have to just guess when the charge is going to finish. I'd like to have the choice of when I'm going to release the charged attack. If I won't have it again for a few sec I want that attack to count.

Just try and get use to the default charge rate. Once you get use to it, you can better predict when it will go. That's what I've been doing.

I'm not planning on adding Reflex Coils. That way I have a decent chance to aim.

Remember that it comes back to you. So you can move a bit, after the throw. It'll adjust the return path and what it hits.

Yeah, I don't have the weapon but I had actually thought that if it wasn't release to throw it might be hard to handle however I'm more concern about the lack of a blueprint on the market. DE is getting burned over this already and for a good reason. If a weapon only exists in alert mission in form of a blueprint then there is no possibillity to buy it in the market for plat. If it is on the market for plat then there must similarly be a blueprint on the market.

This raises a very valid concern over pay to win... It's not that you can't get the weapon, is that you can't reliably get the weapon over those who pay for it. DE always made a point of having a fair system when it came to their buisness practice and I've always made sure to point it out on the forum to anyone who said otherwise. However I can't see this as anything more than an experiment to see how far they can get away with forcing people to pay money to get the weapons and that is bad buisness practice... My first negative notch to DE's buisness practice.

Yeah, I don't have the weapon but I had actually thought that if it wasn't release to throw it might be hard to handle however I'm more concern about the lack of a blueprint on the market. DE is getting burned over this already and for a good reason. If a weapon only exists in alert mission in form of a blueprint then there is no possibillity to buy it in the market for plat. If it is on the market for plat then there must similarly be a blueprint on the market.

This raises a very valid concern over pay to win... It's not that you can't get the weapon, is that you can't reliably get the weapon over those who pay for it. DE always made a point of having a fair system when it came to their buisness practice and I've always made sure to point it out on the forum to anyone who said otherwise. However I can't see this as anything more than an experiment to see how far they can get away with forcing people to pay money to get the weapons and that is bad buisness practice... My first negative notch to DE's buisness practice.

Fair enough, but as an example thats been put forth in other threads the heat dagger shares this unique state with the glaive, as well as the alternate helmets. I've yet to see an alert with a coil helm, so I went and bought it because mag's my favorite frame. I can respect your position on this but I feel that DE did us a solid. Instead of putting the glaive in the alerts only like so many other weapons, they also gave you the option to buy it if you just didn't want to wait. So many other folks are looking for something malicious behind this (not inferring to you good sir) and I don't think thats the case at all. If nothing else we still have to realize nothing is stopping people from getting the weapon for free so the core of F2P is still there they offer a shortcut because they still need to make some money its a business. Honestly, I'd imagine how much worse the outcry would be if it was alert only especially as hyped as people were for it.

Edited by Vilesavant

Fair enough, but as an example thats been put forth in other threads the heat dagger shares this unique state with the glaive, as well as the alternate helmets. I've yet to see an alert with a coil helm, so I went and bought it because mag's my favorite frame. I can respect your position on this but I feel that DE did us a solid. Instead of putting the glaive in the alerts only like so many other weapons, they also gave you the option to buy it if you just didn't want to wait. So many other folks are looking for something malicious behind this (not inferring to you good sir) and I don't think thats the case at all. If nothing else we still have to realize nothing is stopping people from getting the weapon for free so the core of F2P is still there they offer a shortcut because they still need to make some money its a business. Honestly, I'd imagine how much worse the outcry would be if it was alert only especially as hyped as people were for it.

Thing is, the helmet and the potatoes I can understand. They are modifications to weapons/warframes, you are not prevented from getting those reliably where this particular weapon is unless you pay. Now, we're not talking about some 20 or 30 plat which you throw away easly without much of a thought, we're talking about 150 plat. Granted, as far as weapons go it's not the most expensive (not that I expect the weapon to be that good, more like something cool but that will never take the place of a gram if you're going for harder stuff and need a reliable way to just murder anything that comes close), but it's still 9 euros which for a weapon is rather expensive. So far as it was only commodity over not buying the BP, that's ok, but comodity over having the luck drop... Nah, that's where I draw a line and only because it's a weapon.

If it was alert only and no plat it's ok, but this is a buisness, I understand that they need to make money and especially after how much they hyped up the weapon. But then doing it like this is just plain wrong.

PS: If it was just alert there wouldn't be much of a problem over waits cause I'm sure there would be at least a period of 24 hours where it would come multiple times (to match several time zones) and then it would go into normal randomness.

Thing is, the helmet and the potatoes I can understand. They are modifications to weapons/warframes, you are not prevented from getting those reliably where this particular weapon is unless you pay. Now, we're not talking about some 20 or 30 plat which you throw away easly without much of a thought, we're talking about 150 plat. Granted, as far as weapons go it's not the most expensive (not that I expect the weapon to be that good, more like something cool but that will never take the place of a gram if you're going for harder stuff and need a reliable way to just murder anything that comes close), but it's still 9 euros which for a weapon is rather expensive. So far as it was only commodity over not buying the BP, that's ok, but comodity over having the luck drop... Nah, that's where I draw a line and only because it's a weapon.

If it was alert only and no plat it's ok, but this is a buisness, I understand that they need to make money and especially after how much they hyped up the weapon. But then doing it like this is just plain wrong.

PS: If it was just alert there wouldn't be much of a problem over waits cause I'm sure there would be at least a period of 24 hours where it would come multiple times (to match several time zones) and then it would go into normal randomness.

There are whole lot of melee weapons that don't even have BP or the actual weapon for sell in platinum.

Is this model good? No.

Is it acceptable? Umm, 50/50 on this one. They're making some new marketing idea for this weapon. Hope the actual number of platinum sell isn't that high or we will see lots more of this model in the future. 

There are whole lot of melee weapons that don't even have BP or the actual weapon for sell in platinum.

Is this model good? No.

Is it acceptable? Umm, 50/50 on this one. They're making some new marketing idea for this weapon. Hope the actual number of platinum sell isn't that high or we will see lots more of this model in the future. 

But that's where the balance comes in. If it doesn't has a BP in the market then it's also not for sale on plat. Either straight up missions or you can get it when you want in the market either with credits (in the form of BP or the actual weapon) or plat.

I personally think if the DE wants to have a few things for Plat only then good for them... 

By NO means do you need to spend money and get the Glaive to play this game. You not having the Glaive in no way effects your game play. So in fact by having the Glaive for Plat only that in no way makes this game P2P... It's a nice bonus for those of us that chose to support the game and its Dev Team. 

This game is 100% F2P... The people that complain over a new weapon that is only available to people that have spent some cash to support the game are very ungrateful and need to take a step back and look at what has been given for FREE already....