The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You Know Who Should Have The Glaive...?

RawGritz

Baby steps... Currently his pockets are full of smoke and dicey pictures of Lotus topless at a Justin Bieber concert. He uses those to bribe her silence. Why she says nothing when he attacks.

Why, if that's not reason to rife through his pockets while he's down, I don't know what is!

So to reiterate

***If Stalker drops the Glaive when you kill him, then people will continue to play the game and more so to get the Stalker to appear. It's still random, keeps people playing and you have to work for it a bit more than an alert. 

Also it could help prevent some rushers since everyone will want to stick together in case the stalker appears so they can help defeat him and collect the Glaive.

I say change nothing. But also add this new way to obtain the Glaive. DE makes money and increases user playtime and concurrent users. All things free-2-play needs to maintain.

thats actually a cool idea... i dont know about giving him the Glaive but it would be cool for him to have SOME unique weapon

only issue i have with it is that hes so damn easy to kill, hes tried to assassinate me SO many times and ive killed him easily every time

thats actually a cool idea... i dont know about giving him the Glaive but it would be cool for him to have SOME unique weapon

only issue i have with it is that hes so damn easy to kill, hes tried to assassinate me SO many times and ive killed him easily every time

Yeah I was NOT suggesting the Stalker use the Glaive. I was suggesting he drop it like bosses drop Warframe parts. And this would be on a probability not an assured drop.

Edited by RawGritz

I very much like this idea. It adds a bit of metagame in that you would have to assassinate bosses to get the stalker to invade you to then beat him for a chance at the Glaive. He would have to use it or course, but that would make him more fun to fight anyway.

The Stalker is extremely easy to kill though, as long as you can dodge the slash dash. Maybe it's only because of my gear though.

He could use a buff or a Stalker partner to help him. But he doesn't drop anything now. So adding this way to obtain the Glaive would serve several purposes. Give the Stalker a bit more purpose, spur users to play and try to initiate the Stalker's presence, keep rushers with the party to help kill stalker for a chance to obtain the Glaive and increase user playtime and CCUs.

No the Stalker can be killed. There are several images of this around the forums.

yeah what you have to do is take him down little by little, then kill him in ONE BIG HIT.That means probably dealing 20% of his health in 1 shot.

yeah what you have to do is take him down little by little, then kill him in ONE BIG HIT.That means probably dealing 20% of his health in 1 shot.

Nice. so if he appears and if you successfully kill him, you have a high probability that he will drop the Glaive. Seems fair and fun to me.

Edited by RawGritz

besides, from a certain point on you probably shouldn't keep on adding more and more blueprints to the alert system because (coupled with timing) rarity will become rather unpleasant. (from the point of a new player i guess...) let's see what happens when the second batch of helmets arrives...

what i really wanted to say though is: very good suggestion there, i would be so over all the bosses right now...

Edited by SlyBoots

I like the idea...though you should have to defeat the Stalker, without the restriction of having to kill him. I have killed him several times, but this is only possible with certain weapons, like shotguns, or certain powers.

If you're using a Boltor for example, or a Braton, you will never kill him. You need a powerful single shot....and this is pretty arbitrary, in fact, I'm sure the Stalker actually dying is a bug.

HJm37Db.jpg

Edited by CaligoIllioneus

Why are you still waiting to have the glaive in another way? Alert system works well. None of the weapons of the alert system is as good as the ones you can build with the credits blueprints. Stop being so childish and making tantrums because they simply do not give you something in the instant moment you want it. What is the point of this? What if in 2-3 days you would have all the frames, all weapons? Whats next? Unless you want to use a little platinum, wait for the alert. It really annoys me that players thinks to have the right to rule and dictate over the developers, their word is the last and we must respect that.

Why are you still waiting to have the glaive in another way? Alert system works well. None of the weapons of the alert system is as good as the ones you can build with the credits blueprints. Stop being so childish and making tantrums because they simply do not give you something in the instant moment you want it. What is the point of this? What if in 2-3 days you would have all the frames, all weapons? Whats next? Unless you want to use a little platinum, wait for the alert. It really annoys me that players thinks to have the right to rule and dictate over the developers, their word is the last and we must respect that.

Because alerts are inherently unfair, unchallenging, terribly arbitrary and not satisfying at at all, thus not a place for these kind of items? The rest of the alert items (except potatoes which I also believe should be changed) are basically skins, either literally (alt helmets and weapon skins) or figuratively (swords whose strength is their unique design rather than the stats)

Edited by CaligoIllioneus

No one is complaing about the system they created. 

But 1. This is beta and they are asking for our opinion. Nothing is set in stone this is ALL TESTING to see if systems are right for players and their need to fund development.

2. The heat sword is one the best weapons in the game and you can only get it off an alert. I have no problem with that. but to assume all other weapons are better is exactly that...a presumption. But that has nothing to do with what we are talking about in this thread.

3. I presented a 3rd option. I never said take it off alerts or the market. My option is a 3rd way to obtain the Glaive. It foster more playtime from players so they aren't just sitting around waiting for an alert. Plus it help Warframe CCUs, which is always a good thing.

No one is complaing about the system they created. 

But 1. This is beta and they are asking for our opinion. Nothing is set in stone this is ALL TESTING to see if systems are right for players and their need to fund development.

2. The heat sword is one the best weapons in the game and you can only get it off an alert. I have no problem with that. but to assume all other weapons are better is exactly that...a presumption. But that has nothing to do with what we are talking about in this thread.

3. I presented a 3rd option. I never said take it off alerts or the market. My option is a 3rd way to obtain the Glaive. It foster more playtime from players so they aren't just sitting around waiting for an alert. Plus it help Warframe CCUs, which is always a good thing.

1. You are right this is abeta. And they are already making a lot of changes based on our feedback. But the problem is not the system is the players wanting right now a weapon. This is gonna happen for every new weapon on the alert system. We are really impatient. We want everything right now. And yes they need to fund development thats the point of the platinum. Time is money. You want something right now, buy it.

2. Is one not the best. Dual heat sword are better, Scindo is better. You can buy then with credits.

3. Alerts are for rare prizes and to get a lot of credits. The stalker is all about fear. Well he got nerfed but is kinda scary any way.

And btw Im sorry if I upset you. I was speaking on general, thats way I dont quote you in my last post.

1. You are right this is abeta. And they are already making a lot of changes based on our feedback. But the problem is not the system is the players wanting right now a weapon. This is gonna happen for every new weapon on the alert system. We are really impatient. We want everything right now. And yes they need to fund development thats the point of the platinum. Time is money. You want something right now, buy it.

2. Is one not the best. Dual heat sword are better, Scindo is better. You can buy then with credits.

3. Alerts are for rare prizes and to get a lot of credits. The stalker is all about fear. Well he got nerfed but is kinda scary any way.

And btw Im sorry if I upset you. I was speaking on general, thats way I dont quote you in my last post.

There is no way having the Glaive drop from the Stalker equates to instant-gratification. Teh stalker is random, defeating him is less assured than completing an alert mission.

This is a suggestion to help DE with the other side of what is crucial for Free2Play games. This is user playtime and concurrent users. Right now there are a ton of people just sitting around waiting for the alert.

By adding this suggestion you give players another reason to stay in the game and play. Keep the glaive as an alert and keep it in the market. But let it also drop from the Stalker.