Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Being hardlocked at 15 on frames/guns and trying to do 16+ missions is exhausting

Vahnkiljoy

Now, I can understand why you would lock out guns to upgrade but I just can't fathom why frames are also locked out at 15, a friend and I were having fun at the hard lock of 15 for our frames and weapons but as were trying to do Lith we are finding out that the whole lockout system is just ruining our experience as the second we meet up with just about any heavy grineer the chances of us dying is pretty much guaranteed.

The damage enemies do just seems to jump out the window in systems with any stars with 16-22 levels on them and even though I am TECHNICALLY a level 27 volt and my friend a 20 ember, being locked into 15 with good enough mods for their levels, just doesn't really do much to accomodate us. We tried running Lith 5 or 6 times sometimes making it almost to the objective before eventually running into a bad spot where the damage just blows our shields and health away or that heavy just starts throwing out .nopes our way.

I am fine with the now extinct PRO system but the fact it is basically playing the lottery whenever there is a ! up there and ALSO playing the lottery if you GET an alert with a ? reward, I really don't see anything rewarding about this system, hopefully it's still being tweaked since it was just introduced.

Now do not get confused here, I am NOT talking about not liking grinding it's just that, all my friend and I can really do now is basically run crap that is max 15 or maybe 16 at the high end level spectrum and hope for some mods that are good to use while praying we will be graced by an alert with a ? reward.

Having progression hit a brick wall the second you hit 15 is not a very good way to promote good play imo, at least when it comes to the frames, weapons I can understand.

i have little to no trouble soloing pluto with no pro on my warframe or weapons, i use batron and loki/volt, if i can solo it at effective level of 15 i mpretty sure grouping shoulden't be an issue for you

But i agree with your point, even though i've already gotten two orkin catalysts since they were added in through login/alert

its not that bad man i can solo earth missions and my weps are locked at 15, its all about the mods mostly at that point, i use the volt warframe and its super charged but i dont really use the abilities much except for soloing harder defense missions. weapons like the gorgon, sicarus, furax make it easier to get past the tough spots.

Aren't frame upgrades completely unlocked? I thought you only need the Orokin Reactors for accessing the 4th ultimate ability.

Which you have a random chance to get on an Alert mission with a ? reward. I still have yet to see one and when I do I still have to hope I am not bitten by the bug which can reward me with nothing, and if I do get something it still has a chance to be a regular artifact intsead.

well, you do start out with 50 platinum so unless you spent them on weapons or something you have "pro" for 2 warframes right there. i only spent 20 platinum in total, that was for my warframe before the last patch and i run around with "un-pro" weapons and slaughtering left and right solo.

I made it to Pluto with rank 15 gear before the patch, and got a Catalyst yesterday, and a Reactor today.

I can understand where you're coming from, since soloing Pluto with non-pro gear is like pulling out your own teeth with rusty pliers wrapped in barbed wire, but seriously...Lith? With TWO players?

Anyway, don't worry so much about getting to end-game. We basically just sit around afk, waiting for Alert missions to pop anyway. Enjoy mid-game while you can.

i have little to no trouble soloing pluto with no pro on my warframe or weapons, i use batron and loki/volt, if i can solo it at effective level of 15 i mpretty sure grouping shoulden't be an issue for you

But i agree with your point, even though i've already gotten two orkin catalysts since they were added in through login/alert

What weapon are you using?

Oh I still have the 50 free plat but until I know for sure which weapon/frame I really WANT to stick with I'm NOT going to waste it, using 'you got 50 free plat' only works if I planned on ever not trying out a new gun/frame. I just can't grasp why character/gun progression has such a brick wall, well not brick more like steel wall, instead of having 1 upgrade to purchase to keep progressing your frame/weapon they should be multiple upgrades which unlocks sections of the frame/gun tree and not make it rely on the super lottery of alerts/login rewards.

Just take it easy, there is no rush, its a pve game, they got the stick but there is no carrot at the end yet, just shoot some stuff with some buddies and have fun, they are still making the game, changing all the time.

oh and if your having a hard time just run some easier ones for mods to help out, you get mods for the around the rank you are pretty much anywhere as far as i can tell

Edited by Grimfist

Oh I still have the 50 free plat but until I know for sure which weapon/frame I really WANT to stick with I'm NOT going to waste it, using 'you got 50 free plat' only works if I planned on ever not trying out a new gun/frame.

I understand where you are coming from, that you'd like a more reliable way to progress without spending cash. But this statement is a fallacy. If you really want to be able to test various frames, than you want to be able to be able to test them fully. If you want to do that you need Orokin Catalysts/Reactors. The best way to get them? A maxed out frame. Therefore it is to your benefit to spend those free points so you can max out one frame, that will later let you max out other frames. It is by no means a "waste" to spend them on making getting more of them easier.

I understand where you are coming from, that you'd like a more reliable way to progress without spending cash. But this statement is a fallacy. If you really want to be able to test various frames, than you want to be able to be able to test them fully. If you want to do that you need Orokin Catalysts/Reactors. The best way to get them? A maxed out frame. Therefore it is to your benefit to spend those free points so you can max out one frame, that will later let you max out other frames. It is by no means a "waste" to spend them on making getting more of them easier.

I think the idea of a beta test is lost on you.

Expecting people to pay to test an unfinished game won't get the developers very far.

I would gladly spend my money to PLAY warframe. But supposedly we are testing.