Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Psa, Your Adobe Folder May Have A Malware (Effect Gpu Load)

BloodKitten

lately i had issues with the GPU working at 97% while idle, caused games to lag, and also completely locked up the computer when playing dragon age inquisition.

so after a restart, i open up the video card monitor, and just waiting for the GPU to spike again, when it did, checking the task mennager showed that steam was runing (it wasent), right clicking the process and show location was leading to "C:/users/youruserhere/appdata/roaming/adobe/reserved"

the malware name may be diffrent for other people, using "trusted" names like steam or origin, names that anti viruses ignore, so always keep an eye on your task mennager for runing programs that you know shouldent be runing, go to location, end process, and delete them.

while its something that may not happen to alot of people, just throwing it out here.

Edited by BloodHungryKitten

My antivirus once detected origin as malware when playing mass effect 3.

I agreed with him but still had put the client to exceptions.

Edit: no reserved folder here. Even after launching dragon age.

Edited by Morgax

My antivirus once detected origin as malware when playing mass effect 3.

I agreed with him but still had put the client to exceptions.

Edit: no reserved folder here. Even after launching dragon age.

its not something all users have, but it is a very sneaky malware, this is mainly directed to people who suddenly expiriance terrible preformance for no reason (the malware using all that GPU caused dragon age to run at 5FPS when it can get to 40-50) also if computer heating up for no reason.