Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicates: Let's Remove The "preferred Frame" Mechanic And Let's More Clearly Define Syndicate Motives.

(PSN)Silverback73

To start, I understand that Syndicates represent new player content. Bravo, DE.

Here are my suggestions for a better experience, and I hope others agree:

1. Give all frames rewards in a given Syndicate and allow "preferences" to emerge organically. Don't limit player choice, which is the underlying genius behind the game.

2. Can we flesh out Syndicate leadership and goals/motives please? Based on what we have, you could spin it so that any Syndicate could be allies OR enemies with any other Syndicate. Example? I could argue that the Red Veil should be enemies with Steel Meridian because they have a Grineer defector as leader. Does the Red Veil focus on physical, social, financial, or political corruption? You could argue they should be allies with New Loka...

Anyway, thoughts and thanks...

The Preferred Frame System feels to me as one of the biggest stretches DE took upon the game, ironically enough the other stretch I saw are the Death Squads.

Because, while I can understand the Syndicates having their own internal alliances and enemies, I can't see how they could be that stupid to send their assassin after a Tenno given the Lotus would end up knowing about it.

And since they're allowed to have their own personal space in the Hubs, I really doubt they'd want for her to learn about these assassination attempts.

you can still use whatever frame you want.  Not even sure if there is a rep boost for using a preferred frame, all that it seems is that the syndicates just offer didn't mods,  would hurt/limit trading if you could get everything from one syndicate

We definitely need more flesh to the Syndicates.. We're all getting caught up in speculation on the forums, with little to go on but a few broken "hints" from dev streams and a paragraph in game and on this site...

We need to know more about what each one is about and their origins, before anymore confusing events involving them arise (like Spectres of Liberty).. 

you can still use whatever frame you want.  Not even sure if there is a rep boost for using a preferred frame, all that it seems is that the syndicates just offer didn't mods,  would hurt/limit trading if you could get everything from one syndicate

'Preferred Frames' are basically the ones that get an Ability boosting Mod from that Syndicate.

I think the OP wanted to say something akin: "I like Steel Meridian's concept and ideals, but I am a dedicated Loki Player. Why I cannot have access to my favorite Frame's Mods with my favorite Syndicate?"

Which makes sense, since as they are now choosing a Syndicate is more a matter of convenience than of actual affinity with their ideals or motives. 

'Preferred Frames' are basically the ones that get an Ability boosting Mod from that Syndicate.

I think the OP wanted to say something akin: "I like Steel Meridian's concept and ideals, but I am a dedicated Loki Player. Why I cannot have access to my favorite Frame's Mods with my favorite Syndicate?"

Which makes sense, since as they are now choosing a Syndicate is more a matter of convenience than of actual affinity with their ideals or motives.

Yep. Don't penalize my frame preference and/or Syndicate preference, plz.

I'd also make the exclusive weapon Mods "Universal" for primary, secondary, melee etc, so that Clan motive becomes paramount.

Would have loved it as well...

But eh, can already see the masses raging at a Boltor Prime or Dragon Nikana with a (Or another.) +100% damage Mod.