Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blueprint Drop Rate

Ralmstein

Before I start this thread I just want to say I dont want to step on any toes. That being said I think the drop rate needs to be dealt with.

I have no idea what everyone elses experience with the drop rate is, but as far as I can tell the people I play with say that Ash Systems drop so rarley that it becomes fustrating to the point that it makes people not want to play for a few days.

For a hardcore fan that isn't too bad, but when this game is released a few days can turn into weeks, months, and eventually turn off a player all together. I support you guys hole-heartedly and I know you need to make moeny, but I think the blueprint drop rate is a bit rediculous especially for the Ash Systems (I have made total of 37 runs, 5 of which have come up with helmets, 7 of which with chasis, 0 systems).

Helmet and Chasis drop rates are fine for me, out of 30+ runs I got 5 or more for each, which is edging on almost too many drops, but for whatever reason the systems are impossible to find. Heck I made 7 runs in a row with no blueprint drops at all.

Yes you guys need to make money but at the same time you should know a run for an average player on a boss (especially on Uranus) takes about 20 minutes even with 4 people. When considering less than four people for a run, add on about 10 mins for 1 less person, and when solo, I deffinitley think it would take almost an hour for someone who isn't equiped with the proper mods (I have plenty of armor mods and it still took me around 30mins myself to solo Uranus boss. By that I mean completeing the entire mission in 30mins).

Point being you guys have deffinetly made it so you need teamwork to beat bosses or at the least good strategy to solo. Now you need to work on the drops. Most people I talk to are getting very irrate and it is turning into an asain-esque grinder very very quickly. I'd rather avoid that.

Any community input is welcome.

Thank You!

Edited by Ralmstein

I got all of my BPs for Ember in 5 hours. Considering this drop rate seems good. Did 2 runs for Rhino BP, got Helm on first, System on second kill. need to find time to get the Chassis.

Edited by Sikab

Perhaps a change to the drop system might help. In some games, they call it a token system, where perhaps instead of dropping a random item, it drops a token that can be used in a relevant store to purchase one of the possible items.

Make it like the "Loki" boss drops a "Loki" token that can be used with credits to buy one of the "loki" blueprints.

It helps some people more quickly get exactly what they want, but does have the drawback of reducing the number of random people that participate in any particular mission attempting their own grind. Which of course could be fixed in other ways also.

Because the drops are so slow and sometimes completely unpredictable, it might be nice to have some method of improving the situation. Selling unwanted/duplicate drops, or trading them in for some affinity maybe.

rino about 50+ tries

The chassi just wouldnt drop... got lots of system and helmet

ash about 30 tries, got helmet and chassi, no sign of system

It seems like some blueprints drop less than others. As everyone else is getting many of the same items on the same bosses.

My advice.. stop farming bosses... make one run for boss and idk make some alert then back to the boss - better chance for drop.. dont know why but better.. i have Ash, Ember, Trinity, Rhino and Mag.. did i farm it.. only Ash and i get last part only because i stop sitting on boss mission all the time.

Killed Sargas exactly another 20 times now. Still no helmet drop.. This is ridiculous.. Killed the guy 50 times in grand total with the first 2 times him dropping 2 bp's and 48 more times after that but the helmet refuses to drop..

Edited by Anzuul

Drop rate is ok.. but farming all the time single boss its not a good idea.

The drop rate is not okay. Bosses are rare. There are 9 of them, and they have their own, dedicated missions. You go there, you chew through ammo, and you actually need to think a tad bit to bring them down. The more people, the more insane the scaling gets. And for that, the drop rate is not okay. People are expecting something cool from a boss. That is what makes him a boss. Having to farm them like crazy, over and over again, takes all allure away from bosses as special enemies.

And it extends past blue prints, all drop rates have gone to shit. Mods drop in low rarity with always the same modifiers, the ones that are green are weak. Other than another source of income, mod have currently lost their value. New players who didn't get some of the better stuff prior to the update are now stuck with mods subpar by all comparisions. Multishot? Forget it, ain't gonna drop. Puncture? Yah, good luck with that. And that is ... saddening. :/

How often someone kills which boss, on the other hand, shouldn't concern you. It is really none of your business. :)

Yesterday I got all the pieces for Trinity, Mag, and Volt while only having Trinity's helmet before I started. I don't think I was particularly lucky as the drops rates seemed consistant with what I was getting while farming for Ash and Rhino. I've been playing for about 3 weeks and have all the frames but Loki now (anyone know who drops that by the way?). I know I'm the definition of an outlier when it comes to time spent on this game, but it still seems the drop rates are plenty generous.

As far as the quality of mods lately is concerned, they're probably just playing with the drop rates. Insanely powerful mods were too common before. A mod that dramatically increases the power of a level 30 frame or weapon should be a rare and wonderful thing, but it seemed like I was getting few of them every day before the patch. I think they just need to increase the middle range and add more variety to the mod drops now and it should be more satisfying. I got a +75% rifle multishot yesterday and I was a happy man. I think that's the way it should be.

Edited by Sealgaire

That is only Your problem that u want to farm them over and over again.. i get all what i want and all what i dont want only because i kill bosses time to time.. not farm them like many ppl here..

I have noticed that you are riding on quite a bit of self-righteous attitude, young one. Maybe you should cool your jets a little and stop pretending you are better because you play the game differently. How about to each their own? No need to brag or mock people who are having bad luck with randomized loot tables. Alright? Alright. :)

I have noticed that you are riding on quite a bit of self-righteous attitude, young one. Maybe you should cool your jets a little and stop pretending you are better because you play the game differently. How about to each their own? No need to brag or mock people who are having bad luck with randomized loot tables. Alright? Alright. :)

Just something off-topic here.... Your post counter is insane.

rino about 50+ tries

The chassi just wouldnt drop... got lots of system and helmet

ash about 30 tries, got helmet and chassi, no sign of system

It seems like some blueprints drop less than others. As everyone else is getting many of the same items on the same bosses.

I got full ember and full ash set in same day. I've since collected full rhino set and almost full volt set. Soon I'll be going for trinity.

Pretty much luck based as I seem to be doing okay, some people extremely lucky, and some just pitiful.

Honestly I would rather have the drops be completely random for each person as I believe everyone gets the same thing (at least from what my team says during a few runs)

Pretty much luck based as I seem to be doing okay, some people extremely lucky, and some just pitiful.

Honestly I would rather have the drops be completely random for each person as I believe everyone gets the same thing (at least from what my team says during a few runs)

"Oh cool, got Rhino systems. You say you've been running this boss for a week looking for systems and got scrap? That sucks, bro. Later"

I got my Ash prints in 10 runs maximum. While playing with friends and killing bosses for components, I've managed to pick up Rhino systems and chassis, Ember helmet and chassis, and a Mag helmet. Either I'm very lucky, or the drop rate isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

People on streaks of bad luck are going to be understandably vocal about the drop system. On the other hand, people who get lucky probably aren't going to make a post bragging about it on the forum. The net effect is it looking like most people are upset with the drop rates. Almost everyone I talk to who plays a lot of MMOs and FTPs tells me the drop rates in Warframe are pretty generous.

People on streaks of bad luck are going to be understandably vocal about the drop system. On the other hand, people who get lucky probably aren't going to make a post bragging about it on the forum. The net effect is it looking like most people are upset with the drop rates. Almost everyone I talk to who plays a lot of MMOs and FTPs tells me the drop rates in Warframe are pretty generous.

Very generous indeed. Considering that I got 2 swords in 2 ? alerts is way more than any other MMOs I've played.

i defeated jackal like 20 times and all i got is mag and ash chassis -_-then defeated hyena like 6 times and ive got rhino system,rhino chassis. :)now all that i need for my rhino is his helmet,but i cant get it from jackal and hyena. :(where should i look?and who should i kill?