Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Bloodborne Trailer

TheErebus.

I'm going to point out the obvious, It's Dark Souls all over again.

I have no idea on the background though, is it done by the same studio?

It is, the very same studio, with the very same director. 

And No, believe me when I say that this is NOTHING like dark souls. Bloodborne is far more aggressive and focuses more on being on the offensive than being on the defensive. No shields to hide behind, no invincibility frames like In Dark souls when you roll.

It is, the very same studio, with the very same director. 

And No, believe me when I say that this is NOTHING like dark souls. Bloodborne is far more aggressive and focuses more on being on the offensive than being on the defensive. No shields to hide behind, no invincibility frames like In Dark souls when you roll.

I never really got into games like Witcher or Dark Souls because the combat system, i understand you're playing as average guy, and avoiding hit is essential but if the game consists of more rolls than hits i will not play it.

It is not fun for me.

That said i finished Witcher 2, and quit somewhere in the middle of Dark Souls 2.

Well, hopefully i will see something more interesting here.

Edited by Morgax

I never really got into games like Witcher or Dark Soulds because the combat system, i understand you're playing as average guy, and avoiding hit is essential but if the game consists of more rolls than hits i will not play it.

It is not fun for me.

That said i finished Witcher 2, and quit somewhere in the middle of Dark Souls 2.

Well, hopefully i will see something more interesting here.

The way it works is that strafing (yes you strafe, rolling is not useful here) is just for evasion, but just evading doesn't work. I've played the testing of the game, the game's enemies and combat system revolves entirely around being aggressive and landing your hits. Unlike in dark souls where it's more like a hit and run, in Bloodborne, you literally need to be a beast and go all grizzly bear on it.

Looks nice, We'll see when the reviews actually come out. I'm always skeptical about trailers. Even gameplay trailers have been lying to us quite often the past few years. A dash of cynicism never hurt anyone.

Understandable, although in this regard this is actual gameplay footage. 

Aw man, sad this isnt on PC, it looks amazing. I love dark souls and definitely would like a faster paced, more offensive game. Im gonna keep an eye on this one.

In all honesty, I don't think PC ports of the Souls games (BloodBorne isn't a souls game, but I still classify it as one) were ever that good.