Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Duel.

kOxi_

Question

I was wondering what the best Warframe to duels with only melee (without the use of skills), I think the Valkyr is the best others prefer the Rhino.

What do you think guys?

Thx :)

Edited by kOxi_

17 answers to this question

If you're dueling with powers? Valkyr wins against every frame (eventually, even trinity), not even a fair comparison.

Perma invicibility, a massive melee buff (war cry), paralyze, massive armor & health.

But Tenno are terribly balanced against their own weapons. So it's not really a valid argument regardless due to damage types, abilities, armor, etc. not promoting competitive play 1v1.

Edited by txzeenath

i believe that that hydroid is slower than valkyr, that's the only reason i wouldn't recommend him, but other wise, the have a lot of stamina, so both are "the best"

Hydroid and Valkyr have high stam. But valkyr has a base armor rating 8x of what hydroid would have, even if he had a max steel fiber on.

Valkyr's base polarity for aura also matches that of steel charge (which grants the most mod energy out of any aura). However much that means.

Edited by txzeenath

Ash. fast.....also has good survival rating

if using powers then he is a beast.....teleport stun....and your oponent can get a nice 20 k finisher in his face

His speed is negligible, low armor and he has low stam. But his ridiculous health helps a lot. It's not hard to spec to rip through or bypass shields. But health is a solid wall that has to be worn down the old fashioned way.

In a powers vs powers match I would say meh. Because against many frames, if you get countered by a blocker skill of some kind (invuln, iron skin, etc.), he has nothing to protect himself to continue the fight. Valkyr can pop hysteria, block the stun and beat on your face for nearly a solid minute with just one cast. It would end up with the host winning every time.

Edited by txzeenath

Probably Valkyr, the health and armor is going to help a lot. Having much shields isn't going to matter, especially because I imagine you'll be hitting each other too often to let them recharge to any significant degree.

As well, Valkyr has good sprint speed and has a ton of Stamina I believe, which would let you block a ton of attacks and wall-run for a while.

Without abilities: Valkyr has the highest EHP with steel fiber, so high in fact that with Steel fiber, Vigor and Vitality equipped, she can take more damage than any other frame (counting shields plus redirection). She would last longer and most likely come out victorious as a result.

With abilities: Hysteria.

Valkyr pretty much can't be beat at melee, though she wouldn't be a very good melee frame if she could be :P.

Without abilities: Valkyr has the highest EHP with steel fiber, so high in fact that with Steel fiber, Vigor and Vitality equipped, she can take more damage than any other frame (counting shields plus redirection). She would last longer and most likely come out victorious as a result.

For those wondering about this claim.

1260 armor is equivalent to 80.77% damage reduction. To put this into perspective. A 1000 damage hit that should 1-shot you, would only do roughly 190 damage.

So with some sloppy math, you would effectively have to take 5.4k damage with no shields. Unless they focus on anti-tenno damage types, in which case, around 5k would do it.

A rhino with the same mods, would only take roughly 2.4k damage with no shields. Saryn and Oberon actually beat rhino in overall tankiness when you remove powers, at around 3.2k/2.6k effective health.

Edited by txzeenath

Thx for the answer guys !

Taking advantage of the topic, will be that compensates use redirection in Valkyr? the combo rage + QT is good for this case?

You don't need either really. Her effective HP with no redirection is still more than the next tankiest frame running max health AND redirection. But yeah, rage + flow + quickthinking would be the next way to increase her effective health to $&*&*#(%& levels. Throw in auto-block and parry mods if you're going pure melee perhaps.

Edited by txzeenath

why flow ?

Rage fills your energy pool when you take damage. Quick thinking uses your energy to prevent fatal damage. Low energy, less available energy to survive with.

Rage cannot build energy at the same time that quick thinking consumes it. Your energy will fill up, you will hit 2hp, and then quick thinking with start draining it.

Edited by txzeenath