The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Peacemaker Effect, Before The Better

Wedding-dress

If it's the animations for peacemaker, I do agree that the original one was better. The sounds as well. I wonder why they changed the animations despite the overwhelmingly positive reception for them?

I'm wondering why they changed them too, everything about the old Peacemaker worked better and was much prettier.

Judging by Steve's Twitter post, it seems like someone screwed up.

I saw that too. Does seem like someone did screw something up. He said they would fix it ASAP at least. Here's to hoping we get the old sounds and fire aura back, lol. Also the drawing animation, I actually liked that.

And to be quite honest I prefer the old version of fire-as-fast-as-you-can-click, especially since I have a very fast trigger finger. It helped cement the feel of playing a Gunslinger.

Edited by Artimex

I saw that too. Does seem like someone did screw something up. He said they would fix it ASAP at least. Here's to hoping we get the old sounds and fire aura back, lol. Also the drawing animation, I actually liked that.

And to be quite honest I prefer the old version of fire-as-fast-as-you-can-click, especially since I have a very fast trigger finger. It helped cement the feel of playing a Gunslinger.

Agree
but i like push The left mouse button a long time,automatic fire
esay and deserve appreciation

The fire per click was a lot more immersive. My brain just can't really match up pistols with the mechanic of automatic fire with a windup. It's like you get the image of pistols on screen but you know you're using a minigun. A massive mismatch.

The people who didn't care about the feel and just wanted massive damage used macros anyways, so it didn't exactly matter really.. 

If only it was that.

For most of us it was fire-as-fast-as-your-fps-allows-you and everything below 120fps lowered rate of fire.

I would be happy with only unlocking it from fps, but i cant say that i dont like how it performs now either.

They could make it so that both methods of fire are there, the current method of click and hold to fire and the old method of fire-as-fast-as-you-can-click, so those of us who like to click quickly to use the power can use it like that, and those who'd rather click and hold to fire either due to low FPS or preference can do that too.

I can see that there might be problem there with getting both method's fire rate about even. It's an idea though.

Edited by Artimex

IMO, the current fire-rate was way heavy handed of a change if it was intentional (didn't see anything in the patch notes?). She will instantly change positions, showing an incredible dexterity, and then she takes her sweet time firing each of her revolvers separately? Even after the target is dead? I dunno, I don't like it. I kinda sorta felt like Mesa's 4th was a -little- OP before but now it just feels underwhelming. Like a massive energy dump for 5-8 kills. 

IMO, the current fire-rate was way heavy handed of a change if it was intentional (didn't see anything in the patch notes?). She will instantly change positions, showing an incredible dexterity, and then she takes her sweet time firing each of her revolvers separately? Even after the target is dead? I dunno, I don't like it. I kinda sorta felt like Mesa's 4th was a -little- OP before but now it just feels underwhelming. Like a massive energy dump for 5-8 kills. 

There are a number of reasons why I feel like Peacemaker is underwhelming now. Since the "fix" it suffers from very bad targeting (Mesa will sometimes ignore enemies right in front of her, she kinda did this before but it's worse now), a lame sound effect that sounds like a Soma, lackluster visual effects, and then there is the "wind-up" it has now that was never mentioned as being added in the patch notes. Like Xaei said, the Regulators work like a minigun now and it just does not feel as satisfying to use.