Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee: There Isn't Enough Puncture/impact Weapons.

Innocent_Flower

Want an Impact weapon? 

Use a hammer

Or fists

Or the bo. 

Not a terrible, terrible list. Then you've got puncture: 

Fangs

You can count the kestrel and the... throwing-impact hammer that costs too-much oxium if you want. But we're talking melee here. 

You see, you don't even need to make new weapon classes for this. 

Sword/Machete/dual swords: Club, Hammer, Iceaxe. Spiked mace. : 

Nikana: Pole/Curved club/Tetsubo/ Spiked tetsubo/ Club or sword with spikes on one side. Zabimaru?

Hammer/Axe- Merger? Spike hammers/axes? 

Scythe: Hammer with long head. Spike on a stick. (hate Looks rather-puncture actualy) 
Whip: Morning star/flail (The atterax looks like an excellent example of such weaponry) 

Polarm/Stave (merge them!) Spear, or put spiked-club type heads on the end. 

daggers: bring back ether daggers, add Impact daggers (think Stakes) 

Tonfa: a normal tonfa. A different blade design for punture. 

Why? 

Because some weapon classes are really cool, but they don't exactly work on a certain faction well because puncture is awful on shields or impact is awful on armour. Yet in real life you can have kuckle weapons that are designed to puncture or rope/chain weapons that cause an impact. So: rather than create... Nunchucks or something silly like that: why not use what you've got to flesh out the weapon classes we have,coming with new stances for weapons we already have (as opposed to that one new weapon that's the only one of it's kind)

(javalins,rapiers and grineer-lawnmowers are still on the cards though, right?)

the jat kitag is all the impact i need <3

but i think the reason there are so little of these types is because its hard to think of weapons that feasibly deal that type of damage that aren't a hammer or a dagger :/

i mean i personally would love a rapier but i dont think too many other people would be interested, they could however make a normal style tonfa that deals impact damage as well :D

Edit: the post of the beast! jk (666 post count XD)

Edited by Kurrumitsumi

Melee weapons that deal mainly Puncture damage: 5 weapons (Ceramin Dagger; Fang; Fang Prime; Halikar (ew); Heat Dagger).

Melee weapons that deal mainly Impact damage:     14

Melee weapons that deal elemental damage:           9

Melee weapons that deal mainly Slash damage:       35

Yeah... I think there's a little bit of a bias towards slashing weapons.

We need more puncture melee weapons. Some that are actual melee weapons (not a throwing mace that mysteriously does puncture damage despite looking blunt as a board) and that are not tiny toothpicks either.