Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's The Point In Such Biased Drop Tables?

Innocent_Flower

Today I 

Ran mesa five times. Helmet,chasis,helmet, chasis, helmet, helmet (and that's just from today)

Ran T1 capture a few times. Boar part, boar part, boar part, boar part, boar part, boar part. 

I think this is detrimental to the enjoyment of the game, really.  remember my days of farming for loki. For the bo. The handle was extremely difficult whilst the ornaments were silly easy. The helmet was damn stupid to get because it only appeared on rotation c. another part was very difficult to find, but the rest was easy enough to draw you in to thinking you could get it. When nyx came around I didn't even bother: I made the plat from selling items and bought the set from HELL (the trading channel) When I ran hydroid, which took over 20 runs, It felt like the game was actively trying to give me the parts I'd already got.

But like: why is it so skewed? I know that DE likely never test their droptables (or try the market) because they have access to everything 

But like: were you really intent on encouraging players to buy with real money, aren't there better methods that would keep players happier whilst still maintaining about as much/more profit? 

- Keeping new content locked from the dojo/market/droptables for a week or two and having it only available through plat purchases? That way

- Guys who "want it now" (within the first week of release) will be more encouraged to buy it with plat, as they can't get invested in a grind. 

- The more casual purchasers, when they get the ability to farm/build the item, don't get upset over unfair droptables, meaning they don't think farming is futile and give up on the game. 

OR

Completely fair drop tables, but Drop tables cycle. you've got a drop table for mondays, a drop table for tuesdays.. 

So long as everything's available every day (because there might be someone out there that can only play warframe on tuesdays or something) This way:

Drops are fair, But research is very advantageous. Players who feel it's too much will buy the item, but dedicated grinders will be able to more easily obtain their parts. (and, let's face it, there are guys who enjoy a good grind and wouldn't buy the thing if it had a 90% discount) 
(doesn't have to be day-by day. Could be 48 hours, or a week. The wiki/fansite guys will probably create a better way to track droptables.) 

OR 

Drop tables are very favourable, there's just a limit to how many of a type of items someone can get in one day. 

I kinda like the first one the best, but anything's better than what we have now. 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

Unfortunatly DE does this so you have to grind more. Sheldon said in a live stream once "if it takes longer to get something you get to play more".

Sadly thats really not the case (more you feel you have to play the same stuff the more bored you will get), we should be playing the game for fun, not to just get the loot (that should come along while you are having fun).

I'd expect that without the need for plat being shuffled around players for prime parts (or even mods) that simply dont drop much, more would be spent on cosmetics, slots, colour packs or orther market items that are good deals because players are enjoying themselves and thus more likely to think less about their spending of plat (at the end of the day plat spent on market items is the only plat that actually leaves the game and thus cant be re-traded, needing to be bought from DE directly to replenish that)

There is really no reason to not have all pieces for an item at an equal drop chance accept the need for it to take mroe time to get, thus leading to more grind.

Edited by Loswaith

They make it such a pain to try and convince you to buy Prime Access/market bundles or to buy plat and buy the components off of trade chat.

Back when we had access to the drop tables, you would see that most prime items were comprised of extremely common components while at least one component would have a drop rate near ~1%.  Such small drop rates obviously rubbed a large chunk of the playerbase the wrong way.

Eventually DE encrypted the drop tables because players kept calling them out on stupid mistakes like placing the same item in the same drop table multiple times or forgetting to include one of the Latron Prime pieces in any of the void drop tables.

So the next time you're running a mission for that new item and it just won't drop, don't be afraid to just walk away for a couple days to give DE some time to put some hotfixes in.  That special item you're looking for may very well not be on a single drop table.  They've messed up drop tables before, they'll do it again.

(looking at you Bite, Maxed Vitality, Primed Chamber, Astral Twilight, and who knows how many unfinished mods that keep getting accidentally released via the transmutation drop table)

Edited by GeneralArmchair