Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gunblades

Renkai141

Why stop at gunblades when we have gunlances?

MHP3rd_Gunlance.png

Hey now, let's be fair. Monster Hunter (prior to Tri) is all about skill. It's more Dark Souls (or the other way around) that had a somewhat Final Fantasy skin. You need to use the right equipment for each monster and know their attacks to avoid them, as later monsters can take you out in one hit.

Hey now, let's be fair. Monster Hunter (prior to Tri) is all about skill. It's more Dark Souls (or the other way around) that had a somewhat Final Fantasy skin. You need to use the right equipment for each monster and know their attacks to avoid them, as later monsters can take you out in one hit.

Don't worry. I bought a Wii U just for Monster Hunter (they fixed plessy's hipcheck, yay!). But that's out of topic.

I'd really love to see this game play a bit more like MH or DS though, but that's still OOT.

SO!

Yes gunlances. Or at least bayonets. Or a melee weapon that is basically explosives-on-a-stick (ullapool caber!). I'd get them all.

Even if they did add a Gunblade, I will never use it and reserve the right to mercilessly tease anyone who does. They look silly and are wielded by dorks :P

That's your opinion.

Ontopic :

Seems to me like no one wants this kind of weapon lying around- Specially when Warframe could use a huge powerfull amount of it. We have about 5 dual swords, 3/4 normal swords or (dual)[something]. If you want to keep repeating the same thing over and over, I don't mind you- but that does  not mean you should hate on something that's different.

Example :

Look at the weapon "Bo" or "Amphis"(or any other weapon like so). They are "rare" out of all of them(not really rare, but they barely stand out). What it lacks is the variety of choices and being able to equip or choose a personalized weapon. 

Just like the guy who said "Gunlances"

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100725075444/monsterhunter/images/6/66/MHP3rd_Gunlance.png

More interesting weapons, the better. When I saw the glaive and paris- on a game like this, it just came out to the idea that "anything" could be made as to fitting the characteristic of the game. We got our axes, hammers, dual swords, long swords. But, to expand we need to see more than just the land, we need to see further beyond the horizon.

So bear with me, and don't hate on an idea just because it sounds childish or bad.

That's your opinion.

Ontopic :

Seems to me like no one wants this kind of weapon lying around- Specially when Warframe could use a huge powerfull amount of it. We have about 5 dual swords, 3/4 normal swords or (dual)[something]. If you want to keep repeating the same thing over and over, I don't mind you- but that does  not mean you should hate on something that's different.

Example :

Look at the weapon "Bo" or "Amphis"(or any other weapon like so). They are "rare" out of all of them(not really rare, but they barely stand out). What it lacks is the variety of choices and being able to equip or choose a personalized weapon. 

Just like the guy who said "Gunlances"

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100725075444/monsterhunter/images/6/66/MHP3rd_Gunlance.png

More interesting weapons, the better. When I saw the glaive and paris- on a game like this, it just came out to the idea that "anything" could be made as to fitting the characteristic of the game. We got our axes, hammers, dual swords, long swords. But, to expand we need to see more than just the land, we need to see further beyond the horizon.

So bear with me, and don't hate on an idea just because it sounds childish or bad.

Wlep, I guess only thing here is how would it be utilized? quick slashes on a tap of the button, and shooting on the charge? Or vice versa?

That's your opinion.

etc.

Fair enough, dork statement retracted.

In the interest of extending the olive branch, allow me to propose a gunblade style weapon I think would suit the game.

- Corpus Pulse Cutter

Appearance - A pulse generator that runs down the back of the arm like a bracer with two magnetic containment generators on the sides of the hand. When active two large pulse bolts are held in parallel in front of the fist.

Use - like a katar, with punches and sweeping cuts. On a charge attack the magnetic containment overloads and launches the pulse bolts.

I agree we could use more weapon diversity, but Gunblades are something people will link to FF. They just feel off in any other game by now. Just like Keyblades are linked to Kingdom Hearts.

There are more weapons around that they could include in the game, like Throwing Knifes, Tonfas, Katars, Whips/ Spiked Chains/ Flails/ Chain Swords , Spears, Javelins, Power Gloves, Claws, Scythes, Swallows, Double Bladed Swords, Grenades, Launchers, Shields (yeah they can be used as weapons), Maces, Tazers, Energy Weapons, Graviton Orbs, Bladed Boots, the list goes on... :I

I agree we could use more weapon diversity, but Gunblades are something people will link to FF. They just feel off in any other game by now. Just like Keyblades are linked to Kingdom Hearts.

There are more weapons around that they could include in the game, like Throwing Knifes, Tonfas, Katars, Whips/ Spiked Chains/ Flails/ Chain Swords , Spears, Javelins, Power Gloves, Claws, Scythes, Swallows, Double Bladed Swords, Grenades, Launchers, Shields (yeah they can be used as weapons), Maces, Tazers, Energy Weapons, Graviton Orbs, Bladed Boots, the list goes on... :I

Gunblades is not just based off Final Fantasy.

Closers (MMO) : Seha

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSl9aX1Xy04-F-8MuwQthffvTGlu_SFO89iXkPo-3wMGZPyVvw

Phantasy Star Online 2 :

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRt5l5VnVY4cy_Dqmu1PIm6qTyPMeJRXnO_wAc_QoVD2jud_vuj

Crimson Blade :

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqFGevHhd0wvk6QFamyB5nLld7HNJpBN3aAdcmiyc23VItUZrg1DGkGg

As you can see here, Final fantasy is not the only one. So before you start thinking "Oh, that is too cliche because there's only one guy to relate to and it just a straight out ripoff" Stop with the non-sense, Clearly there are many more on the list to go on. And don't even make me mention "RWBY"(Rooster Teeth) which have alot of weapon mixes (Sythe shotgun, or whip sword/with machinegun).

Extra :

http://smart-bad.xanga.com/672730096/item/

Edited by Renkai141

None of those games are Warframe though. What works in one (or more) games doesn't necessarily transfer well.

I admit that the functionality is fine, but melee plus ranged weapons is better served with more throwing blades or Dev designed weapons rather than a straight port of the Gunblade.

None of those games are Warframe though. What works in one (or more) games doesn't necessarily transfer well.

I admit that the functionality is fine, but melee plus ranged weapons is better served with more throwing blades or Dev designed weapons rather than a straight port of the Gunblade.

So, if I were to say "oh hey, a bow. Staff, some dual swords and axes" Nah, of course they rename it based off the mythology of warframe.

Paris, Armphis, Fangs, Scindo(if that's right). Of course it won't be called "Gunblade" It has to follow a mythological sense to the warframe universe as I stated on my first topic.

If the charge attack that causes the explosive-trigger-vibro-blade attack uses screenshake, then I'd downvote the idea a bajillion times.

Haha, well I'm just a guy who wants a weapon of the sort. The development and the ingame planning is all up for the DE's since I have no control of that.

gunblades will be the fall of warframe and its theme, keep it to final fantasy like games its just too silly of a concept (and OP). WTB HEKBLADE

Not mandatory... The weapon could be a pair of gauntlets, creating a shield upon blocking (though the mechanic behind blocking is so far elusive, so nothing I can say about it, I'd guess it would be half-tenno high and double-wide, not to be op), and creating a shocking field upon normal attacks (brass knuckles, that strike with the sound of thunder, shocking everything in a small area, how cool is that?), along with a knocking over wave upon charged strike.

It's all in the design, essentially. from the point of pure mechanics, we could consider glaive a gunblade.

Edited by GTG3000

i only read the OP so far, plz dont insult if i "stole" someones idea . .

What if the "gunblade" take secondary AND melee spot to use it? it would fix the problem with the bulletmechanics on the "only melee"

Like akimbo gunblades, running to this grinners empty your clip and strike them down with the blades? and to ff? gunblades existet like, forever? think about the bajonett rifles, used along time ago, still used in some sort today . .

http://friedrich.uni-trier.de/de/kugler/462-d1/image/

http://www.whq-forum.de/cms/typo3temp/pics/161fd087fd.jpg

only because FF have them ingame, dosent mean "its so final fantasy"

Well, personally I never played FF, and idea of a ranged melee, that doesn't have problems with the return of the projectile (like glaives' double-reload) or limit on said projectiles, sounds nice to me. Even if it will be weakened for balance.

and thinking of the mods, it should stay split like it is normal you can equip melee mods down on melee and pistol mods on secundary blah blah~ but to be fair then the wpn need to be supercharged at both categories .

Edited by Depar

To think of it, it would be fair if it took down the gun/sword slot with the current 8 slot system seperated for each side. Hyping up the weapon.
That would be pretty unique, such as when they mention the same for the "Ram bow"(mod mentioned in Live stream 3 or 2 I think).