Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best End-Game Weapons ?

Matxer

Question

I have come to realize that there are very few weapons that are above the rest and versatile:

Soma / Boltor prime / Brakk / Marelok.

And perhaps Paris prime / Dread.

Other are situational (Ogris), have an annoying range cap (Flux rifle, Synapse) and so on.

Is there any weapon that is as powerful and versatile as the 4 wonders ?

I dont know who you were talking to but all have been maxed, not all potatoed alot have beenforma'ed x amount of times

the OP. he asked a question, so i asked if he's had personal use with a range of weapons or if that opinion is not from experience but from reading the forums.

No Pyrana or Burst guns, Burston Prime and Sybaris are deadly but most if not al guns mentioned here need Forma to be powerful same goes for most frames.  

THE real MVP: Forma

Edit: Pyrana Prime is not a thing....yet

I agree. Most weapons have great end game potential once max forma'd. There are plenty of exceptions ( try bringing a max forma single viper to a t4 and tell me how it goes ) but a lot of weapons can be made great.

My loadout is usually Dread/Attica, Despair and Jat Kittag.

Braton Prime and Tiberon. Not so powerful, but effective.

IDK Tiber's can be OP.. with Max Ser, Split, Heavy Cal, Quick hands(this spot is optional), Fire, electric, poison and ice. that gives you High 800s for Radiation and Viral and accuracy isnt terrible 

Edit: BUUUUUUUTTTT loaads of Forma's needed for that

Edited by Merk890

Opticor's definitely in there, at least until it gets an ammo nerf of some sort. I'd argue both Synapse and Amprex are in too even with the range limit (which can be overcome if using Volt, as well). For the same reason I'd say the Synoid Gammacor is in as another top tier primary as the sheer damage makes up entirely for the limited range. For melees add Atterax and Dual Ichor, there's no way the top 2 Berserker weapons aren't endgame-worthy.

Also if we're talking endgame, copious amounts of Forma just seems implied to me.

as you can see OP, the opinion that 'The Great 4some' are the only God Tier weapons in the game is naive and frankly just ridiculous. i own, have potatoed and maxed, all of those(including the one you missed, Dragon Nikana) and have never used them again because not only are they not as versatile as people make out, they're just boring in a game where you can melt your enemies with a cloud of gas or shoot laser cubes that explode in their face.

as you can see OP, the opinion that 'The Great 4some' are the only God Tier weapons in the game is naive and frankly just ridiculous. i own, have potatoed and maxed, all of those(including the one you missed, Dragon Nikana) and have never used them again because not only are they not as versatile as people make out, they're just boring in a game where you can melt your enemies with a cloud of gas or shoot laser cubes that explode in their face.

Same. Of the End Game Weapons, I still only use the Dread (because I like bows) and the DNikana (because ninja). I'd much rather play with the creative--even situational--weapons (there's a gun that shoots buzzsaws!). In fact, the only thing holding me back from deleting my Boltor is that I put so many forma in it. Honestly, though, I find the 'end game' (long, high tier) boring and so a poor indicator of a weapon's value. So there's that. 

It seems to me that the preference for 'end game' in a game that has no end is largely economic. In other words, folks don't want to keep buying slots, catalysts, forma and spend all that time leveling. They want weapons they can keep forever and have them work in all scenarios so they don't have to risk wasting time or platinum. At the same time, though, limiting oneself to weapons one knows will last feels limiting and repetitious. The question, what other end games are there, is a desire for more variety without risk. 

If I were to do it all over again and were trying to not spend anything I didn't have to, I would get one high tier set up of all primed weapons because you know they won't get replaced with a better version. Then keep weapons based on mechanics you like. Jettison the rest of the mastery fodder, knowing you can always return to your trusty, yet boring, Boltor. 

I'm really enjoying the Opticor. The ability to swap between a sniper for heavies and an AoE weapon for lessers simply by targeting the ground and adjusting the charge amount is awesome. The puncture damage is great for armored enemies and robots, and works well with the new +puncture mod. I'm sure there's an ammo nerf incoming in the future tho.