Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Drop Marking (Idea For Auto-Marking In Groups Of 2 Or More)

BoogieMan82

Hello fellow Tenno Warriors!

I have a bit of a pet peeve and I think I'm not alone.

Currently when a mod drops and you are in a group of 2 or more, the polite thing to do is hit "g" (or w/e you have it keybound to) to mark mods that have dropped for the rest of your team to pickup.

The problem is, either not everyone knows about this (so maybe it should be a "tip") or people just don't want to use it.

I propose that if you are in a group of 2 or more and 1 person picks up a mod it is labeled automatically for the rest of the team.  It would use the exact same mechanics of hitting "g" regarding time the marker lasts/etc.

Yay, Nay?

Yeah this happens all the time when I play online. Group of four and I'm the only one dropping a waypoint for mods and crafting materials. Sigh. 

Your suggestion would be nice, it should also include crafting materials.

What I would prefer even more is just having one person pick it up for the whole team. 

Either way we could save waypoints  for pointing out enemies coming from behind or a big nasty enemy coming our way or potentially just "oh god I need help here!". In a quick easy not have to type out a sentence kind of way. 

edit for bad grammar.

Edited by Drasiel

This is good.

Auto-marking will solve the problem of people not marking.

There is also another problem of people marking too much. This causes you to run back to someplace only to find that you have picked it up earlier already. This is due to waypoints disappearing after some time so the player who did not get to your waypoint earlier has thus not picked it up yet.

Auto-marking for teammates and auto-removal for your own screen once you picked up the mod should be good additions to the game. The waypoint can then be used to point out enemies and other more important items/tasks.

There is also another problem of people marking too much. This causes you to run back to someplace only to find that you have picked it up earlier already. This is due to waypoints disappearing after some time so the player who did not get to your waypoint earlier has thus not picked it up yet.

Auto-marking for teammates and auto-removal for your own screen once you picked up the mod should be good additions to the game. The waypoint can then be used to point out enemies and other more important items/tasks.

This is another good point. I've noticed when I pay with my friends sometimes we end up back tracking for no reason because we already picked up what was marked. This slows down the nice flow of game play we can get going. 

Auto marking and auto disappearing for the win.