Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Weapons - Primaries, Melees, And Current Weapon Buffs

Althran

As stated in the title, something I'd really like to see would be primary syndicate weapons as well as melee syndicate weapons.  I should be grateful with what we have, but to be honest the changes to MOST of the weapons from point A [i.e marelok] to point B [in this case, vaykor marelok] are sub par.  You'd think after earning more than 200k rep just to aquire one (from 0-5) there would be a significant difference.  Most of the weapons just have a shift of damage from one area to another - take the rakta and the vaykor, for instance.  Both deal the same damage as their predecessors, except instead of puncture or slash it deals impact.  Of course, I don't mean to say that these weapons aren't completely worth it.  After all, the innate effect of the syndicate's special ability coming with the weapon is grounds enough to get the weapon.  But it would be nice to know that I'm doing more damage with my 3 formad vaykor marelok than I am with my 3 formad marelok.

As for other syndicate weapons, I'd really love to see some primary and melee syndicate weapons.  Hopefully those won't be as, even though I hate to say it, disappointing as most of the syndicate weapons we have now.

Don't get me wrong; I love my vaykor, especially being able to revive myself with it, and the extra ammo it gets.  I'd just like it to be slightly less... trophy-esque.

ITT: people act like the boosted crit chance, 66% larger clip, and self reviving are a negligible buff.

It's sufficient. Not every syndicate weapon needs gammacor treatment, especially when they're already amazing like marelok.

While they aren't completely negligible, they're damn near it.  You neglect to mention that the crit chance (20%) just barely makes the cut for crit builds.  For crit buids, I'm assuming 25-30% crit chance is what you want to aim for.  Also, marelok didn't really need a larger magazine size, thanks to it's slightly above the norm reload.  It's welcome, but not over more puncture damage and more overall damage than the previous version.

I'm not exactly asking for a gammacor makeover for all the other weapons, just a slight buff to make them really stand out.  

• 1 month later...