Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa's Ballistic Battery And Relation To Non-Standard Weapons

DJ_Redwire

Wasn't sure if this would constitute as being a bug or not, so I decided just to post it here instead.

I've noticed that many firearms with Ballistic Battery don't really seem to make a lot of sense. Particularly weapons with alternative firing mechanics. Notable examples above all being explosive weapons such as the Penta and Castanas. 

When you charge up a Ballistic Battery shot, and then throw a Castana for example, that charged damage is expelled when the Castana is thrown, not when it is detonated. Since Castanas don't even do damage to targets that they hit without detonating them, there is an obvious problem present. 

Explosions are secondary attachments in programming, thus it needs effects that directly modify the attachment (Status Chance/Firestorm). Gun -> Projectile -> Attachment (Procs/Explosives). Naturally, this would cause problems since the effect will be tied to the projectile etc. Battery on Penta will probably affect direct hits instead of the explosions too. I think this would fall under as bugs and should be looked into.

I think explosive damage in general isn't affected, like what happened with Mirage's Eclipse when she was first released.

Explosions are secondary attachments in programming, thus it needs effects that directly modify the attachment (Status Chance/Firestorm). Gun -> Projectile -> Attachment (Procs/Explosives). Naturally, this would cause problems since the effect will be tied to the projectile etc. Battery on Penta will probably affect direct hits instead of the explosions too. I think this would fall under as bugs and should be looked into.

Yep, exactly what I was getting at.