Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Our Boomsticks(Shotguns) Need Buffs And They Need It Now

SteelSoldier

cHYGeMF.png

All other types of weapons are outshining shotguns at the moment, they are more effective at any given range and they surpass shotguns when it comes to damage falling off.

The damage falling off over high ranges needs to get a decrease, shotguns need to be more reliable at longer ranges in general and do more burst up close and personal.

Redeemer has already shown us you can do a proper shotgun, now apply the same mechanics to every shotgun, make sure they can actually do damage.

The Redeemer (a melee wep) is a better shotgun than our actual shotguns... That should tell you everything about the current state of primary shotguns.

AND that a secondary weapon (Brakk) is better than ALL primary shotguns.

Yes I know Hek with scattered justice deals twice the damage per shot, but brakk has less than half the relaod, more magsize and more dps.

Shotguns have needed a buff since damage 2.0 and Kohm was a step backwards.

Edited by StickyBaseline

So far the only three shotguns that get my blood pumping are: Tigris, Hek, and Pyrana.

Sure Tigris may not be the end all be all but it does it's job in a single shot and then more.   I've taken it to T3 D and stood there clearing the front door in a single blast and then using the second shot to tear down the heavy gunner, later one I need a burst for the front gate but it's just due to the sheer number of heavies crammed in there.   

Hek is the same taking out a entire group of enemies and cleaning up any heavies, it escially works amazing with Scattered Justice which allows me to stun a heavy and then unload on it.   I mean it has 42 pellets a shot allowing for easier killing. even in later waves I have only needed a single shot to clear the door.   Only drawback is the small magazine and tight spread it has.

Pyrana, what can I say about you?  Crit, so much Crit, with the new corrupted pistol mod I am able to see yellow so much I'm just happy.   I tend to run that for fun though.   A crit-built Pyrana is deadly early on I don't even reload till after clearing an entire room later on sure I end up using a single mag on a heavy but that's at about 40 mins when I need to be close to kill a group in a single burst where as earlier I only needed to land 1 maybe 2 pellets.  (no fall-off ftw!)

A side not: I have about 6 forma on all three. 

That aside Shotguns shine in CQC and allow one to easily create a flood of bodies but it takes a tanky Frame to stay there later on.  I myself Rock Mesa with Tigris and Furis,  Valkyr has Hek and Kogake, and Zephyr is Paris Prime and Pyrana.   Though it's been fun going right up to a heavy rolling out there stomp and just unloading them into their face before running into a group letting either Purity or Justice proc into a group.