The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mandatory Jet Stream Speed Build Feedback

DeucedXS

So this Jet Stream mod got released. A voice in my head said:

I feel the need...

9xn6AFF.jpg?1

...the Need for Speed!TM

Just saying, Zephyr is probably the fastest frame in the game with Turbulence on :p

The sense of speed is AMAZING. Factor in enemy accuracy penalty that's dependent on your movement speed, on top of Turbulence, and Zephyr is almost certainly un-hit-able on most missions (will require more forma though).

---------------------------------------------

Edit 1:

Jet Stream movement speed buff is affected by power strength.

Tested in ODD - Earth. Sprinted from the railing at the bottom of the spawn room to the door (stopping right at where the door opens).

Results (averaged and rounded)

No Turbulence: ~9 seconds

Turbulence with no +str mods: ~7 seconds

Turbulence with +75% str mods: ~6 seconds

---------------------------------------------

Edit 2:

Here's my utility Zephyr build

CuloEcj.jpg?1

Simple max duration/range build with strong survivability. Works fine against Grineer/Corpus missions of all levels (but I haven't used her in any Survival/Defense missions, ever).

I like to err on the side of caution when it comes to surviving high lv Grineer missions, but Fortitude + Vitality can be swapped out for something else.

Pure Speed build (incomplete, needs 3 formas):

g18IKRG.jpg?1

Yes there's an awkward 7 cost Stretch there because I had no better 7 cost mod to fit.

I honestly cbb formaing Zephyr again for a small increase in speed offered by Sprint Boost + Intensify/Transient Fortitude, so I probably won't be using this build often.

Edited by DeucedXS

Turbulence benefits greatly from power range against hitscan. I warmly suggest to replace narrow minded with stretch and replace fleeting expertise with flow, so that there is no power duration drawback (streamline+flow is the best energy-wise combo you can get without fleeting expertise).

I don't suggest adding positive power strength mods because as you tested the speed increase is applied on base speed (before rush).

I wouldn't replace the fleeting and narrow minded, because with an 8/10 Narrow Minded, you are actually gaining 30% extra duration than you would with Flow and Streamline alone, plus you don't need to pick up as many energy orbs.

Edited by TheFriedOne

Turbulence benefits greatly from power range against hitscan. I warmly suggest to replace narrow minded with stretch and replace fleeting expertise with flow, so that there is no power duration drawback (streamline+flow is the best energy-wise combo you can get without fleeting expertise).

I don't suggest adding positive power strength mods because as you tested the speed increase is applied on base speed (before rush).

I only ever use this build for Cap/Sab/Spy missions where I don't have to deal with enemies so power range is a secondary concern to speed.

I do build for range and duration in my utility build though (updated 1st post with build)

No speed boost aura?

Updated 1st post.

I do, but I didn't find a 10% speed boost to be more practical over... literally everything else.

adding intensify with rush is amazing...however, I often felt myself going TOO fast XD. I think I'll just stick with Base Jet Stream for some extra Movement speed. I'm giving up my Overextended, but I think it might be worth it

Ho ho ho you haven't played Jet Stream Zephyr with a +pwr strength Volt have you? :p

(Hint: you reach supersonic speeds)

Updated 1st post.

I do, but I didn't find a 10% speed boost to be more practical over... literally everything else.

But its not about practicality, it's about speed. D:

I must try this myself sometime, with four others with speed boost auras and a max power str volt.

Because MAXIMUM SPEED.