The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea: Players As Stalkers

garrett53

People who're up for this idea, are free to be attacked. However, when attacking don't complain if the host intentionally torrents hundreds of files, and lag you to death. Then finally lag stab you in your back, and kill you. You asked for it.

This is precisely what i've been saying. It can be in the game and if you choose to participate by turning it on, you accept all possible outcomes and negatives that come with. Therefore you can't complain. As for the lag part, i think it would be a good idea to spawn the assassin on the opposite side of the map and notify the target of his/her arrival when he/she starts moving.

Edited by SoulGem

Not worth it. Not in the very least. Not even a tiny bit.

If this ever makes it into the game it'll most likely have the lowest player count of all time. Do it once or twice. Discover how terrible it is then turn off the option. Tada a new feature completely forgotten because it never was feasible in this game.

My advise? stop trying to drag everything you ever liked into one game. It just makes a huge ugly incohesive mess.

Edited by MaverickZero

I thought that too once but then it would just seem like a reskin to dark sectors to me. I think having it in the options as something you can enable or disable would be pretty neat.

All of these issue could be solved very easily.

Your issues  are invalid and are bad, they can be solved easily

Explain how? Saying something can be fixed without explaining is not viable argument.

It's like some can say "aids can be cured easily".

This is precisely what i've been saying. It can be in the game and if you choose to participate by turning it on, you accept all possible outcomes and negatives that come with. Therefore you can't complain. As for the lag part, i think it would be a good idea to spawn the assassin on the opposite side of the map and notify the target of his/her arrival when he/she starts moving.

An invader has entered your realm!

And locked doors.

Edited by Mikovsky

Welp, my job is done here. 

I'm actually playing it right now as we speak, the four kings are gonna die tonight...

If it is your first time, you are gonna die a lot :D. Anyways, this wont work on warframe, there too much unbalance, you as stalker, could just use ash/valkyr/loki and poisoned weapons just kill target right away. Reason why it works in souls game that they are generally more balanced than warframe. In order to make this work on warframe, the whole game needs to be reworked.

LoL. Lets imagine this player-stalker life. Enters newb session: host migration. Enters endgame badass farming group game: Gets a Dread headshot in a fraction of second after he finishes his stand-up-from-kneeling animation, probably even before he is off his loading screen.

If it worked for the Souls games, it could work here too. However, there should be some changes for invaders. For example, block the hitman's abilites alotogether (else hysteria valkyrs will just rek erryone), but give them hp increase / dmg reduction so they don't get rekt too easily. I'd enjoy this, but I'm a souls player, so...

Explain how? Saying something can be fixed without explaining is not viable argument.

It's like some can say "aids can be cured easily".

1. Public games won't die. The assassin could be made to only be able to target the player that has it on. That way it would be similar to how attack squads never attack anyone but the person they are hunting already.

2. You should actually read my post about penalties. The person that was killed could receive a certain reduction in standing as a possible penalty but still be able to revive freely and continue their mission.

3. See number one and matching could be based entirely on conclave rating.

4. This question is completely silly as you know no one here can answer this but DE. Blade storm already has a dmg reduction in dark sectors so the same could apply here.

5. Read some of my other posts. The assassin could spawn at the opposite end of the map and has to make their way to the target before they finish their own mission. The person being targeted will be notified of their arrival once the assassin starts moving.

Problems solved. 

3. See number one and matching could be based entirely on conclave rating.

4. This question is completely silly as you know no one here can answer this but DE. Blade storm already has a dmg reduction in dark sectors so the same could apply here.

5. Read some of my other posts. The assassin could spawn at the opposite end of the map and has to make their way to the target before they finish their own mission. The person being targeted will be notified of their arrival once the assassin starts moving.

Conclave rating does not determine the skill of the player, only the equipment he has. So a player that has a 5 forma Penta can easily kiill any Stalker (I AM USING THIS IN A GENERAL TERM) in a matter of seconds. 

I'd rather not risk placing in the nerfs to abilities into the PvE areas of the game.

What is to stop the playing from just coptering away from the Stalker? 

Conclave rating does not determine the skill of the player, only the equipment he has. So a player that has a 5 forma Penta can easily kiill any Stalker (I AM USING THIS IN A GENERAL TERM) in a matter of seconds. 

I'd rather not risk placing in the nerfs to abilities into the PvE areas of the game.

What is to stop the playing from just coptering away from the Stalker? 

How will that 5 forma penta be effective without all of it's mod that probably boost his conclave be if he can't even bring it into the mission? 

Nerfs? You know DE would fix any bug that caused something like that to persist.

The stalker would have to chase the person down? How is running away even an issue? Surely you don't expect someone to stand there and be killed if they would rather avoid taking damage. You're just digging up invalid reasons at this point instead of presenting a logical debate. I'm not even sure why this bothers you so much. It doesn't seem like you'd participate in it.

I think having players act as stalkers is a viable idea. While issues may arise from this as mentioned by other posters, I think they're quite as easily solved as well.

It would force PvP on people.

Stalker assassinations are already forced on people, and nobody has an issue with that. Hence, the assassin player should only be limited to Stalker's loadout (Dread/Despair/Hate, using his warframe - Slash Dash, Teleport, Absorb, Dispel). Mods are not allowed. Abilities can be used an unlimited amount of times with a 3 second cooldown between any two abilities, to best resemble the actual Stalker.

Players pay 10000 credits to partake in assassination contracts, losing the credits upon failure, with a 20000 credit reward for success.

How will that 5 forma penta be effective without all of it's mod that probably boost his conclave be if he can't even bring it into the mission? 

Nerfs? You know DE would fix any bug that caused something like that to persist.

The stalker would have to chase the person down? How is running away even an issue? Surely you don't expect someone to stand there and be killed if they would rather avoid taking damage. You're just digging up invalid reasons at this point instead of presenting a logical debate. I'm not even sure why this bothers you so much. It doesn't seem like you'd participate in it.

You say I'm not not trying to put up a logical debate? Well that is just bullS#&$ right there, I am trying to. You just view everything I say as invalid. 

They are bringing in the 5 forma penta with all of its mods in it. It makes his conclave quite high, the Stalker comes in with a similar conclave, but even with the conclave match-up, the player can easily kill the Stalker with that said Penta. 

You didn't even read what I said. There is a reason why they bring nerfs separate to the PvP aspect. You are bringing in those said Nerfs into the PvE with this inclusion.

You don't see the issue or are you not choosing to see the issue? When they run away with the coptering (notice I said coptering, yet you ignored it completely) at breakneck speeds. The Stalker will not be able to catch up with them and the player will be able to just run away at their leisure and not need to worry about getting hit. This is a problem because imagine if in Dark Souls you could just run at a fast speed away from the invader all the time, it'd cause frustration and wouldn't be fun.

Because I do not want and will never support any method of bringing PvP into the PvE aspect of the game. And frankly, I can argue and debate about it as much as I want. I don't need to be interested in it to talk about it.

Stalker invasions are not an issue because they are PvE. Something that nearly everyone in the game enjoys playing and does play at one point or another.

Giving the assassin the exact same loadout as the stalker means the victim will notice no difference.

Perhaps a player-controlled stalker will be even weaker than the actual one, seeing as it lacks a 100% accuracy AI aimbot.

And people still dont understand that Conclave doesnt mean anything. I can easily go under 500 with Loki Prime and Boar Prime.

With that this would be easy mode on Mercury and Venus.

You guys should realize how PvP is broken in Warframe by just looking at Rail conflicts. Why would this be any better, if this mode would be more complicated than Rail conflicts? And why would you force PvP into PvE? Look at Rails and what they have become.

Giving the assassin the exact same loadout as the stalker means the victim will notice no difference.

Perhaps a player-controlled stalker will be even weaker than the actual one, seeing as it lacks a 100% accuracy AI aimbot.

No they will notice a difference. Because a player controlling a stalker would move more fluently and would be more varied than the A.I. controlled stalker. 

"Weaker"

a27.jpg

Stalker is easy because of stupid AI. Add players behind complete power immunity and his broken powers, and he will be "weaker".

"Weaker"

a27.jpg

Stalker is easy because of stupid AI. Add players behind complete power immunity and his broken powers, and he will be "weaker".

To be fair, having someone control something is dependent on if the player is smart enough to know how to exactly play it. Stupid people exist everywhere.

No they will notice a difference. Because a player controlling a stalker would move more fluently and would be more varied than the A.I. controlled stalker. 

Does that change anything? The mechanics of assassination remain the same. Stalker is designed to possess an advantage over weakly armed Tenno. However, it can be one-shot by stronger tenno while taking two shots to down the victim, hence possessing a disadvantage.

IMO, having the player control Stalker using Stalker's loadout (with no mods) is neither OP nor UP, will add to the experience of the game, for the assassin and the victim, and presents no drawbacks.

"Weaker"

He is just as weak, the typical method of killing him is 1HKOing him right as he stands up, preventing any counterattack.

Besides, just like the AI stalker, each of his powers have counters. Slash dash - strafe. He has a moment after teleport where he cannot attack, simply copter away. Absorb has a limited range and an obvious effect, just walk away. I don't think his powers are broken at all.

Edited by Xrnx

You say I'm not not trying to put up a logical debate? Well that is just bullS#&$ right there, I am trying to. You just view everything I say as invalid. 

They are bringing in the 5 forma penta with all of its mods in it. It makes his conclave quite high, the Stalker comes in with a similar conclave, but even with the conclave match-up, the player can easily kill the Stalker with that said Penta. 

You didn't even read what I said. There is a reason why they bring nerfs separate to the PvP aspect. You are bringing in those said Nerfs into the PvE with this inclusion.

You don't see the issue or are you not choosing to see the issue? When they run away with the coptering (notice I said coptering, yet you ignored it completely) at breakneck speeds. The Stalker will not be able to catch up with them and the player will be able to just run away at their leisure and not need to worry about getting hit. This is a problem because imagine if in Dark Souls you could just run at a fast speed away from the invader all the time, it'd cause frustration and wouldn't be fun.

Because I do not want and will never support any method of bringing PvP into the PvE aspect of the game. And frankly, I can argue and debate about it as much as I want. I don't need to be interested in it to talk about it.

You most definitely aren't comprehending anything i have typed. I would like for you to calm down as well. Like i said before there could be dmg reduction done to specific powers and weapons perhaps if it is really a concern. As for your complaint about coptering, that is literally not an issue at all. A player hunting down another would and should expect their target to do whatever it takes to avoid damage. If they become frustrated because their target isn't a free easy kill for them then too bad. They knew what to expect when turning the feature on.

Edited by SoulGem

And people still dont understand that Conclave doesnt mean anything. I can easily go under 500 with Loki Prime and Boar Prime.

With that this would be easy mode on Mercury and Venus.

You guys should realize how PvP is broken in Warframe by just looking at Rail conflicts. Why would this be any better, if this mode would be more complicated than Rail conflicts? And why would you force PvP into PvE? Look at Rails and what they have become.

Mercury and venus is easy mode regardless of what weapon and conclave rating you have. Poor example.

Again, it wouldn't be forced pvp if it was implemented in the way described in my previous posts.

Does that change anything? The mechanics of assassination remain the same. Stalker is designed to possess an advantage over weakly armed Tenno. However, it can be one-shot by stronger tenno while taking two shots to down the victim, hence possessing a disadvantage.

But that isn't good, there shouldn't be a disadvantage to the invader if they are going up against someone stronger. It wouldn't be balanced or fair to the invader.

You most definitely aren't comprehending anything i have typed. I would like for you to calm down as well. Like i said before there could be dmg reduction done to specific powers and weapons perhaps if it is really a concern. As for your complaint about coptering, that is literally not an issue at all. A player hunting down another would and should expect their target to do whatever it takes to avoid damage. If they become frustrated because their target isn't an free easy kill for them then too bad. They knew what to expect when turning the feature on.

No don't pull that card on me, you aren't even paying attention to any of these issues. You miss my points in its entirety. 

And I am calm. Believe me, if I wasn't calm I wouldn't be even paying attention to this thread.

The power nerfs are once again PvE. DE specifically stated that they would balance PvP nerfs separately to the PvE. The fact that you are saying "just reduce the damage" shows that you think its fine to nerf them for this encounter alone when it is not needed at all. Just like this gamemode.

So you're saying that it's totally just and fair that the player who is spending his time and his patience to be f**ked over by someone who is even more scummy than the invader to just bolt around and not give any chance whatsoever? Well good luck in trying to make your gamemode fun, because with this issue glaring right at your face it most certainly wont be.

Edited by TheErebus

But that isn't good, there shouldn't be a disadvantage to the invader if they are going up against someone stronger. It wouldn't be balanced or fair to the invader.

That is true. Facing someone decked in endgame gear, Stalker (AI-controlled or not) stands little chance. This way however, it remains defeatable by experienced PvE players who may not be comfortable with PvP. Hence, the victim will be able to utilise his PvE power, while the invader (who took the initiative to attack) is the one who must counter the disadvantage with tactical skill.

To me, Stalker is something of a "gear-check" boss. As such, anyone who plays his role should have to accept the implications.

Edited by Xrnx