Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

15 Mins Sat On Extraction Point

NCorbin

Sabotage missions as most people know the waypoint bugs but waiting to Finnish mine to get alerts done now its been 15 minutes......please on sabotage let just 1 person start the countdown timer. Some groups are.............painfull. Sometimes people dont even follow you when you try and lead them there. Or atleast an option to cast vote to end.

You never have to lead people to the end unless their mini-map bugs.  Since mini-map bugs are very rare, you should never expect that to be the issue.

If you really had to wait 15 minutes, then it is because at least two and possible three other people wanted to hunt around the ship for lockers and crates.  When they decide to do that, ask them if the mission can just be finished so they can go explore another ship.  Otherwise, go with them or just wait.

What I do like about your post is the chance to vote to finish mission.  That might be a bit more useful.  Simple vote, only allowed once per person per mission.  Must have objectives finished and be in extraction to ask for a vote.  Would also have to include the info that voting yes does not ensure getting extraction reward credits.

Though, with the number of people in games, and the liklihood of why people didn't go to extrction with you, I would bet you wouldn't have gotten votes in favor of extraction.  You would have still had to just wait.

Simple solution:

- Timer starts as soon as the 1st person arrives at extraction.

- Timer decreases to the next lowest cap as more people reach extraction point.

1 person -> 3 minutes

2 people -> 1 minute (if current value >1 minute)

3 people -> 30 seconds (if current value >30 seconds)

- Timer does not stop/reset when leaving extraction.

This would prevent both trolling & unnecessarily fast rushing.

Edited by TehJumpingJawa

They should just let people leave on their own when they reach extraction.  People will rush regardless of whether there is a timer or not, they can just at+tab and do something else while they wait for slow pokes to finish.  They shouldn't have to do that though.

Sabotage missions as most people know the waypoint bugs but waiting to Finnish mine to get alerts done now its been 15 minutes......please on sabotage let just 1 person start the countdown timer. Some groups are.............painfull. Sometimes people dont even follow you when you try and lead them there. Or atleast an option to cast vote to end.

Let me guess, it was a Grineer map? some of the waypoints on that are fubar

They should just let people leave on their own when they reach extraction.  People will rush regardless of whether there is a timer or not, they can just at+tab and do something else while they wait for slow pokes to finish.  They shouldn't have to do that though.

That'd work too. +1.

Let me guess, it was a Grineer map? some of the waypoints on that are fubar

If you're talking about the waypoint that appears as if it is a level above and way off of your visible mini-map, then there's a little elevator you need to find and use, otherwise you'll be running around in circles trying to figure it out.

If you're talking about the waypoint that appears as if it is a level above and way off of your visible mini-map, then there's a little elevator you need to find and use, otherwise you'll be running around in circles trying to figure it out.

Occasionally you'll get a map where all you are given after completing the objective is a waypoint marker at the extraction point. Nothing inbetween to indicate the route to take to get to there.

From experience you learn that when this occurs the route needed passes through one of the large tiles.

Though it can get quite tedious to find the correct route in maps that have 2 such large tiles!

Edited by TehJumpingJawa

This. That way I can feel free to rush alert missons, and also scavenge for rubedo on pluto w/o pissing all my teammates off.

So the waypoint bugs on sabotage missions and you don't ask to fix the waypoint, instead you ask to be able to finish the game alone.

Well congratz sir, you win the dumbest request post of the week. 

So the waypoint bugs on sabotage missions and you don't ask to fix the waypoint, instead you ask to be able to finish the game alone.

Well congratz sir, you win the dumbest request post of the week. 

There are other vaid reasons to want to finish the game alone.

GTFO if you can't make a useful comment.

There are other vaid reasons to want to finish the game alone.

GTFO if you can't make a useful comment.

I'm just pointing out with some sarcasm that he has the worst perspective. He sees a problem in the game and instead of asking for it to be fixed he asks to be able to ditch players who are experiencing the same issue.

And I'm the one who needs to GTFO? It's people like him that need to GTFO of coop games.

Edited by CubedOobleck

I'm just pointing out with some sarcasm that he has the worst perspective. He sees a problem in the game and instead of asking for it to be fixed he asks to be able to ditch players who are experiencing the same issue.

And I'm the one who needs to GTFO? It's people like him that need to GTFO of coop games.

And you turn a blind eye to the fact that every game including warframe has it's share of asshats/trolls that can make a game miserable? Sure, there are some innocent people, but you have to draw a line somewhere. Besides, the solution would fix more than one problem.

Bad idea, the host could rush 'n leave first, it would recreate the host quitting problem.

To the OP...well, find a clan of like-minded players and don't play public games anymore if you don't like playing with people with a different playstyle..

Bad idea, the host could rush 'n leave first, it would recreate the host quitting problem.

To the OP...well, find a clan of like-minded players and don't play public games anymore if you don't like playing with people with a different playstyle..

More then the host causing a migration when they leave, it's a team game.  What if you leave then a person you left behind gets downed?  You can't go back and help them like a teammate.  I had almost suggested that perhaps people could extract when they want, but then I realized, no, you are supposed to be there to help them.

Right now, being able to extract when you want is a bad thing.  Maybe if you could take a penalty, half the credits, lose some xp and some random mod pickups.  But only maybe especially since some of the rushers don't care about mod pickups, they wouldn't care about most of the penalties and would be leaving people to fail missions because they can't work as part of a team.

Being sure the waypoint works would be good.  Getting people to not ditch their team for no good reason other then they are impatient and impractical would be better.

A vote to start the timer is probably the best offer to people that don't want to explore, but as I said, the waypoint probably wasn't broken, they just weren't leaving for a reason, so they probably wouldn't have voted for the extraction anyway.

Then have the host start a three minute countdown when they get in and let everyone else leave when they want to.  Once they fix the host migration issues though, there's no good reason to force people to wait for slow pokes.

Expecting proper cooperative play from pugs is silly.

Edited by Aggh

So 3 people got lost or had to kill the waves of mobs you ignored when you rushed to the end. Press T and talk to them. Help them. If they ignore you and just mess about you now your being greifed. 99% of the time its new players getting lost or rushers leaving wakes of mobs in their path for the people behind to kill.

If its that bad for you play private with friends or solo.