The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Medallions To Hard To Find (Any Tips?)

Circle_of_Psi

Question

I've had 3, 4 and 8 spawns on a map. So if there are only 3 on the map, they might be difficult to locate.

Also, Thief's Wit won't show you the loot if it's located too low or too high. So if you enter a room with high ceiling, look around for "suspicious" spots at the top/bottom and use Aerial Melee in those rooms to launch you up and see if your radar catches anything. Or you could use Loot Detector with Thief's Wit for the max range if you can fit it.

Also, so far I wasn't able to find any medallions on Interception and Defence mission.

So I'd assume those 2 mission types don't spawn any.

All in all, a run to locate them all can take you up to 10 min. The total worth will be around 1k to 3k extra points (+ half of it for the allied force).

So I'd say searching for them is not the best way to rank up, but they do allow you to spare points beyond 132k, once maxed.

PS: Anyone managed to find the 5k medallions?

I got one 5k.  Mostly just the 200 rep.

I've only really searched for Steel Meridian medallions (so far), but a few observations:

Look for dead end rooms. Almost invariably, you'll find them in side rooms away from the main route from insertion to extraction. The little rooms behind unlocked doors that typically have lockers are prime locations. They'll frequently be hiding behind objects in the room, so a quick glance in the door very likely won't be enough.

I don't run loot detector or any of that and can go 8/8 with only a moderate amount of searching.

sometime those medallions spawn sometime don't...i tried Deception on Corpus ice planet and not a single Medallions was found (with Thief wit) and tried grineer Ceres map...the medallions under the toxin water which i can't get it because it will teleport me back

p/s: use Thief Wit 

seconded 

speak of the devil:

31MO6vP.jpgRMooxS9.jpg5d6wou8.jpg

seconded 

speak of the devil:

31MO6vP.jpgRMooxS9.jpg5d6wou8.jpg

Yeah that one's actually impossible. I saw someone claim you can MAYBE get it if you time it just right when you jump in, but I've never succeeded at that. You're also prone to getting frozen in place when you respawn after jumping in, so I recommend just giving up on that one.