Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Actualy Give Me The Distance To Things.

Innocent_Flower

Yea this annoys me too. It's probably a technical issue not being able to calculate the distances between each tile or the fact that the tile are not in a straight path, and elevators probably make that harder to calculate too but I'm sure if they really wanted to they could fix that to be more like archwing missions that tell you the exact distance.

I think they need to make a new minimap icon for the direction to get to the next tile for each thing, and show the standard icons where the indicators actually are. This way we get an idea of distance and can tell where allies are, but we can still get guidance through the tiles.

Perhaps make this optional, some sort of detailed minimap option.

Edited by egregiousRac

When I play survival, the game lies to me. 

"oh, it's only 25 metres" 

JOKES. IT'S 25 METRES TO THE NEXT TILE, THE LS IS FIVE TILES OVER!!!

And by that time you're dying of a lack of life support, when you could have made it to the other one, 50 metres away in the next tile. 

Hint: When there's no LS in your tile, go to the next tile that does have one.

This has driven me up the WALL since I started playing.  What really annoys me is when a teammate is down and I see the "downed" marker "25m" behind me, so then I run all the way to the hallway and...

"325m away." Followed by:

"Teammate has died."

Thanks game, you screwed over my teammate.

Also: it bugs the ever living SNOT outta me when I'm on one of the more elaborate tiles, and the "next tile" indicator keeps jumping around spastically because there are so many exits, especially on some of the more elaborate rigs on Phobos.

This is a big UI problem, IMO, and I'm astounded it hasn't been fixed yet.  I guess it's a bigger problem than I thought, but this is such a big problem that the map has caused me to lose a mission or two.  I know that's a low percentage, but the map should not have caused me to lose at all.