Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Annoyances

RyojinOrion

So there have been a few things that have been really bothering me when playing Warframe lately. I doubt this thread will get any more attention than the last ones like it that I have made, and doubt even more that any change will come of it, but I guess it is still worth a shot.

First off, the sheathing melee animation. Sometimes it is a forced animation that stops you from doing anything but walking, sometimes it isn't. Most of the time that it is, it happens right after doing a ground slam. This is EXTREMELY frustrating, as I prefer to do a ground slam to knock enemies down, and a finisher to kill em off. If I am stuck in the melee sheathing animation, however, I lose my chance to perform the finisher because I get stuck in that damned animation. This is something that has been around since at least U9 for me, and something that I have seen declared as 'fixed' but it persists. It gets far more frustrating when you find yourself killed by an enemy that you couldn't kill first because the game got you stuck in that animation for no apparent reason.

Second, performing a ground slam. With the introduction of air melee, ground slams got screwed. Sure, you could just look down and hit melee, but that takes up valuable time, and in an intense firefight, even a single second of time lost can mean death. You could also just hold down the melee attack button, but that has the same problem and another one on top of it: You still do the air melee first, and if you happen to bump into ANYTHING before initiating the ground slam, you will find yourself unable to perform the move. This happens to me most often when I attempt to break open multiple containers with a ground slam. I jump, hold E, and end up doing an air melee attack right onto the container instead of slamming because I slightly bumped it.

Third, I've noticed that lately, my melee weapons are flat-out missing. So far it has been most noticeable with Silva&Aegis and the Pangolin Sword. I can clearly see the sword going through the enemy, but they simply do not get hit. Range mods do not help this. It is most common when the enemy being attacked is stunned or staggered. I decided to go into a T3E mission and see just how much the weapon misses. Well, I have gotten about a 60% hit rate for the Pangolin Sword. Almost every other swing at an enemy that I take completely misses for no apparent reason. I should note that this is a problem for quick melee, and not being in melee mode. I haven't tested if it is the same in melee mode or not simply because I don't like melee mode combos and can't be bothered with it.

I had a few more points to add into this, but I seem to have forgotten them while typing up what I have so far. I'll edit them in when I can remember what they are.

[EDIT1]

Corrupted enemies and firing positions.

Something that often happens is that some enemies take cover, and start firing, but the point of origin for the projectiles is not the tip of the gun. It is usually a bit above and to the side of where it should be. I notice this mostly with the Corrupted Lancers, but I have seen it with other enemies and factions. This has been happening for quite a long time and has been noted by various players quite a few times, so I'm assuming it is a known bug.

Kubrows

Their AI is terrible. They don't take cover when damaged enough like you'd think a living creature would. They tend to stand right in front of my crosshairs and move with me when I attempt to move around them. They don't seem to have any targeting logic at all; they seem to just pick an enemy at random from within a group and have at them. They have incubation time left after plat is paid to complete their incubation period. There are not enough color and pattern options for them in the game, and the existing market packages do not give enough to justify their cost.

Edited by RyojinOrion

Second, performing a ground slam. With the introduction of air melee, ground slams got screwed. Sure, you could just look down and hit melee, but that takes up valuable time, and in an intense firefight, even a single second of time lost can mean death. 

Wait what? Are you using Page Down to look down or something? Moving a mouse while already in motion has never taken any additional time.

Although it sounds like a lot of your problems stem from either lag or system specs, because those things generally don't happen.

Wait what? Are you using Page Down to look down or something? Moving a mouse while already in motion has never taken any additional time.

Tell me which is faster...

1) Pressing a button.

2) Moving the mouse, then pressing a button.

Yes, my mouse may already be in motion, but almost every time, that motion is not moving to look downward. So technically, that would make it take even more time, since my hand would have to decelerate and then accelerate in a different direction. After all, my hand does not have instantaneous deceleration and acceleration. And no, the time taken isn't literally a full second, but that is irrelevant. It is time taken any way.

Although it sounds like a lot of your problems stem from either lag

All of these happened while playing solo, so... No, not lag.

or system specs,

Highly doubt it, as I have experienced these things on various systems of various levels of power. I've played this game on at least four different computers, two of which were far superior to mine, yet they all have had these issues.

I just feel like your problem is that the game is too fast for you, and you are not capable of performing the simple and very effective controls of the game. If you are whining about looking down to complete a ground slam, that's a "You" problem. Melee 2.0 has made melee attacks slower, but nobody is going to go back to the old way of melee attacks.

To add, when are you NOT moving the mouse? Moving the mouse down for a fraction of a second, and then looking back up could be done 3 times before the animation for a ground slam is even performed. No real negative effect can be attained from the current ground slam animation and controls.

Your miniscule ability to get used to the new controls is not something you should really whine about. Just get used to it, it won't change, and your logic, sadly, is weak. 

Not that I am calling you crass, but you simply can't be serious about this. The game shouldn't induce a sense of regression because you can't cope with getting used to the refined game mechanics.

I just feel like your problem is that the game is too fast for you, and you are not capable of performing the simple and very effective controls of the game. If you are whining about looking down to complete a ground slam, that's a "You" problem. Melee 2.0 has made melee attacks slower, but nobody is going to go back to the old way of melee attacks.

You're right. DE took a mechanic that worked just fine, screwed with it so it does not work as well, and that is MY problem, not a problem with a change to the game. Wait a minute...

To add, when are you NOT moving the mouse? Moving the mouse down for a fraction of a second, and then looking back up could be done 3 times before the animation for a ground slam is even performed. No real negative effect can be attained from the current ground slam animation and controls.

Always moving the mouse, rarely moving it to look downward. I suppose it is partially my fault, as I like to keep my enemies in sight instead of having to look away from them and lose my tracking effectiveness. As for your 'no real negative effect', just read what I said again. You'll see that as a negative effect, and since it is reality and not a figment of my imagination, you're just plain wrong there.

Your miniscule ability to get used to the new controls is not something you should really whine about. Just get used to it, it won't change, and your logic, sadly, is weak.

And you're oversimplifying an entire post into me being unable to get used to new controls. Well, guess what? I'll make this large so you can understand it:

MY PROBLEM IS NOT WITH NEW CONTROLS, BUT THE LACK OF EFFICIENCY IN THESE NEW CONTROLS.

Quite simply: Melee 1.0 was more efficient than Melee 2.0, and it does not need to be this way at all. Add in a toggle for the air melee in the options menu, and that problem is pretty much solved.

There is still the issue of the other things that I have mentioned, which seem to have gone unnoticed in an attempt to insult and put down a fellow player. Not that I am calling you an A******, but you simply can't be serious about providing useful commentary of the issues that I have brought up. I shouldn't have to be insulted because you have to feed your ego by putting others down. Now kindly piss off unless you have something less insulting to say.

You're right. DE took a mechanic that worked just fine, screwed with it so it does not work as well, and that is MY problem, not a problem with a change to the game. Wait a minute...

Always moving the mouse, rarely moving it to look downward. I suppose it is partially my fault, as I like to keep my enemies in sight instead of having to look away from them and lose my tracking effectiveness. As for your 'no real negative effect', just read what I said again. You'll see that as a negative effect, and since it is reality and not a figment of my imagination, you're just plain wrong there.

And you're oversimplifying an entire post into me being unable to get used to new controls. Well, guess what? I'll make this large so you can understand it:

MY PROBLEM IS NOT WITH NEW CONTROLS, BUT THE LACK OF EFFICIENCY IN THESE NEW CONTROLS.

Quite simply: Melee 1.0 was more efficient than Melee 2.0, and it does not need to be this way at all. Add in a toggle for the air melee in the options menu, and that problem is pretty much solved.

There is still the issue of the other things that I have mentioned, which seem to have gone unnoticed in an attempt to insult and put down a fellow player. Not that I am calling you an A******, but you simply can't be serious about providing useful commentary of the issues that I have brought up. I shouldn't have to be insulted because you have to feed your ego by putting others down. Now kindly &!$$ off unless you have something less insulting to say.

I don't know about you, but your crass language has put you in a place and in the mindset of a child. You merely sound like a whiny infant, and I don' feel like your "lack of efficiency" is worth anybody's time, let alone DE.  Your reaction in using such vulgar language was not needed, I hope you realize that. It just shows that you lack the ability to react calmly and without an outburst. Your have brought your whole argument into an ineffective state; not only is your logic something that of a child, but you have further brought down any respect most of (if not all) of the people who see this topic. You write with insular fingers and write with drivel.

It's funny... I'm 10 years younger, and still have more class in language than you.

Cheers, mate.

Edited by Kunsumption

Same problem, I use slams, directional air and air kicks alot but prefer to keep my view up to observe enemy position and watching for scorpions/ancients grappling, heavys slamming ect.

Trying to do the correct attack while still watching my back becomes a flurry of mouse movements on top of the 7 keys you already have to rapidly switch between to do it properly.

Its annoying when you slip and do the wrong one once and instead of knocking them down, you get shock-waved down then hammered instead.

Time for a couple of the things that I meant to post earlier but forgot.

Corrupted enemies and firing positions.

Something that often happens is that some enemies take cover, and start firing, but the point of origin for the projectiles is not the tip of the gun. It is usually a bit above and to the side of where it should be. I notice this mostly with the Corrupted Lancers, but I have seen it with other enemies and factions. This has been happening for quite a long time and has been noted by various players quite a few times, so I'm assuming it is a known bug.

Kubrows

Their AI is terrible. They don't take cover when damaged enough like you'd think a living creature would. They tend to stand right in front of my crosshairs and move with me when I attempt to move around them. They don't seem to have any targeting logic at all; they seem to just pick an enemy at random from within a group and have at them. They have incubation time left after plat is paid to complete their incubation period. There are not enough color and pattern options for them in the game, and the existing market packages do not give enough to justify their cost.

Nice little line that splits the actual content from the off topic bullS#&$, in case some mod wants to come around and clean this thread up a bit:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I don't know about you, but your crass language has put in in a place and mindset of a child.

No, not really. However, you jumping into a feedback thread, disregarding the majority of the content and completely misunderstanding the rest in an attempt to hand out insults has done exactly that to you. This thread is for feedback, which I have provided, and respectful discussion of said feedback, which you have not provided. Again, either provide something that is more than an attempt to insult another player or simply leave. This is neither the time nor the place for the content that you have been providing.

and I don' feel like your "lack of efficiency" is worth anybody's time, let alone DE. 

And I really don't care what you feel. If you don't like it, move on. No need to start being insulting. Additionally, maximizing efficiency is quite worth the time of the developers. To claim otherwise is simply foolish.

Your reaction in using such vulgar language was not needed, I hope you realize that.

Your insulting posts in general were not needed; I hope you realize that.

It's funny... I'm 10 years younger, and still have more class in language than you.

Kiddo, you're not even old enough to know what 'class' really is.

Since your reading comprehension seems to not be up to snuff, let me reiterate: Please do not reply unless you have something to say that is more than just thinly (or not at all) veiled insults.

Edited by RyojinOrion