Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Awesome And Long Awaited That The Corrupted Got New Units; But Why Just These Three?

Innocent_Flower

.7 is a decent update. I've yet to fully experience the grinding of the new primes; Soma's BP came during the first game of T2D, (25 waves. We bored ourselves actualy, because we expected the grind to be worse equiped ourselves for 40+, so we didn't get a challenge) Soma's barrel.. I'l get it eventually. But I did get to play a lot against the new guys.

-Generic butchers as a whole seem to have gotten a damage buff a while back without me noticing, I expected fodder. I got Fodder that hurts. Solid addition to the corrupted. Interestingly the butcher wasn't white. It keeps him visualy distinct from the lancer, and it makes me wonder if we'l get other corrupted units in greys or blacks, The cleaver was coloured normally and I'm thinking it an oversight. 

- Bombadiers seemed different from their Grineer counterparts. The huge halls of the tower made them seem a lot smaller, they seem to move faster too. Anyhows; Gameplay was pretty solid, Though they do seem to hold back more with the rockets than their Non-corrupted selves. I don't get why they're restricted to T3 and T4. T2 at the least should have them. They don't come in on endless missions even when you're past the point of normal T2 difficulty. 

- Nulifiers; Less complaints than the average person, and the complaints I have aren't the usual ones. The shield shrinkage helps a lot. What I don't like is:

- That the nullifier backpack's metal has become yellow. It's silly. The energy colour? Sure, why not. The grey metal... No thanks.

- He has a semi-auto lanka. Give him something else, please.  

I can understand these three. Long range explosives/ Heavy with avoidable power weapon, Light melee, Reliable defender/support.Three things the corrupted needed.  But why Just these three? 

I mean, You've currently got the items to write in to add the napalm, sniper crewman and anti moa. Granted; They're not the most well loved enemies. (make the napalm be more about covering the surface with hazards than blowing the player up, give the sniper crewman a laser pointer so you can dodge him, and give anti moa a small 'clip size') But for a little more effort, DE could have...

-Given the Corrupted crewmen the same guns that the Corpus crewmen have. Dera, Detron, Flux, Lanka.  
-Added some of the different corpus ospreys. They all use the same model. 

-Ported the original moa across. One model; Three characters. Every corpus bar the tech would be in the void with little effort. 

-Reworked the lancer to be a corrupted version of the big, grineer lancer. Why? Because 
A: the current lancer looks bad, and he'd look worse if he's partnered with more corpus and butchers, who look good. 
B: Change his helmet and you've got seekers/troopers.Troopers are just cooler than corpus with struns. Seekers would add the whole "it's on me, get it off;DO A ROLL" Kinda thing to the corrupted faction. 

And those are just the easy editions; Were I a neural sentry, I'd fill a tower with eviscerators, drak masters, Dregs, Penta rangers, Bombardiers with hammers thinking they're kril and broken lights. Billions upon billions of broken lights. In fact; Forget the corrupted. I'ma make a tower of broken lights. 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

I think they should have added the teleporting melee unit instead. I forget the name, but it's on the Grineer side.

Really glad they didn't add the Napalm.

Nullifier... Eh, it's okay. Lanka has to go, though. I'd rather them have an Opticor or a Cestra.

I think that there needs to be another Void boss. Like... Maybe Corrupted Raptor?

Edited by Aspari

I'd rather they come up with a completely original Void boss. Like a security system that some dumb Grineer accidentally let loose.

I think this would be the perfect opportunity for a Void mission that was the Tenno vs. Environment. Good thinking.

The neural sentry. But not just a normal bullet sponge. Parkour skills needed. Nihilanth-esque.

- Shoot crystals, climb to the top of a giant floating baby with a blossoming flower for a skull, stand on brain, Set charges. Jump off and trigger them. 

Good plan, now as this is a four player game... 

*Player gets teleported into a Nightmare health-draining room where they are surrounded by a circle of jackals.*

Edited by Innocent_Flower

I think they should have added the teleporting melee unit instead. I forget the name, but it's on the Grineer side.

The Flameblade is the teleporting Grineer unit, they teleport in a white flash of electricity and carry stun sticks. Unless, for whatever god-forsaken reason, you meant the Commander...please no Commanders, my torso can only handle so much stretching.

Edited by Ailith

Well Im going to disagree here.

The c&p mobs of the Void were acceptable at the beginning because they were just placeholders but by now DE should be beyond just porting over units.

Give the corrupted their own identity instead of just cheap reskins.

If they really wanted to reuse faction units for content they should just remake the old invasion system and let the player play missions where he goes up against both factions at once.

The c&p mobs of the Void were acceptable at the beginning because they were just placeholders but by now DE should be beyond just porting over units.

If they really wanted to reuse faction units for content they should just remake the old invasion system and let the player play missions where he goes up against both factions at once.

Their identity IS that they corrupt enemies who die when they enter the tower, which are unstopped sabotages. That's who the corrupted are, plain and simple. While they should maybe get a few higher tier enemies, like Vor(Again, Grineer who has been corrupted by the void, but to a higher extent), I'm fine with their current plan

It's a pity raids are gone, they explained this pretty simply.

That's a lot of effort in comparison to copypasting with some apearance changes.