Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Nobody's Feedback On Archwing: It Is Great But It Feels As...

faustias

...as empty as grineer's space map

...as quiet as corpus' ruined ships map

There's something I wanna feel, it needs more adrenaline action like those times I'lm losing my shield and no energy for Energy Shell so I have to barrel roll and make maneuvers, and sometimes for myself to melee them to stagger.

...but after some pausing moments, there's the void again. It's just empty and just gonna have to search the vast space for more targets if not finding my way into the reactor or trying to defendre-capture the comm towers.

Maybe change Enemy Radar mod's effect when on AW missions. Track the enemies who are off-screen, like those arrow-pointers on dogfight games like ACE combat.

Also, change the mods into AW custom parts. Well, mods really are parts but what I am really suggesting is turn the AW mods into parts that need resources.

Mods will just modify those parts' behavior with bonuses and penalties (can have no penaties either).

-Increased barrel roll distance and turn speed in exchange of defense,

-quicker weapon swap in exchange of melee power, especially when you want to melee to stagger them then shoot at their faces,

-higher acceleration in exchange of maximum speed or turning speed,

-explosively crash into the enemies in exchange of getting damaged in the process.

-exchange shield into energy for that burst spam4-like damage in-case of getting clusterf*cked

And if it isn't too much, Archwing abilities should be seperate mods like the old warframe abilities. The thing in my mind is, these ability mods are applicable to all Archwing models.
-Other than energy shield ability, there's a bullet-deflecting shield that has HP

-or Support shield that you can use to defend your allies (like sentinel's Sanctuary) while they are busy raining hell to the targets.

-Rather than rocket pods, tracking beams from each wing are released with the same homing capability, but passes through enemies it would possibly hit before reaching the target.

-Projectile electric field much like augmented Teslas mounted on a Miter blade

EDIT: I forgot to tell my suggestion about Archwing mode on Alerts and Invasions.

yeah... AW Invasions, same old-same old exterminate with Infestation as another faction in this mode, too.(Since we only have Grineer and Corpus)

and Offensive Sabotage for Grineer-vs-Corpus invasions. Offensive Sabotage is where you are to destroy a reactor of an active ship(unlike Corpus' damaged ones) with patrolling squads of Grineer/Corpus with various setups, and some destructible radio tower/s.

Ignoring the radio towers will send alert to the main ship and put into battlestation. That means it will send more troops or attack you with its turrets and main cannon if you're in range.

Stealth play can be viable for lazy or rushing players on this mission since there will be an upcoming one according to devstream #43 summary.

tl;dr I was expecting AW missions would be a bloodrush like bullet-hell games (Galaga, Raystorm, and Raiden DX anyone) with a mix of ACE combat UI thingy.

Edited by faustias