Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

26K Dps Soma Prime! 3X Forma!

-FrostByte-

Lel Synoid discussion even here...what good does you all that dps do if it's only theoretical dps that gets nerfed hard thanks to its base damage type, the fact that it's a beam  and the fact that it has a limited range. 

Some people....

Anyway....I'm actually happy about the Soma Prime...I was scared that it would receive an insane dps buff...but it only received one that is appropriate (again people, it's +20% physical damage boost...that is actually quite a bit).

The Soma was incredibly powerful as it was. Adding 20+% DPS is more than a fair buff, I just wish they'd gone with a little more critical chance or damage over a pure physical damage buff.

Anyways, solid build OP, nice job forma'ing it and everything so quickly. Glad you're enjoying the weapon. I would take out Heavy Caliber in favor of Shred or Stormbringer, but that's up to personal preference. The Soma is great for headshots, so I find it counterproductive to put Heavy Cal on it. Shred is always a fun choice for spraying & praying, while adding a third element is good for DPS and helps round the build out. I like to use Viral + Electric, Magnetic + Toxic, Gas + Electric, and Corrosive + Cold as my three-element combos.

Lel Synoid discussion even here...what good does you all that dps do if it's only theoretical dps that gets nerfed hard thanks to its base damage type, the fact that it's a beam  and the fact that it has a limited range.

It doesn't get nerfed hard. The only weakness is alloy and when facing alloy, it's better to build for Magnetic, Radiation, Viral. Aside, from that, when proccing (which it does often), it only has three things to choose from rather than three physicals and two combinations. Even with the 75% damage reduction it still has a ton of damage output.

what's wrong with dual stat mods ._.?

Nothing, but if you are going for a raw dps build, like op seems to be, they are inferior.

Arguably op's build is more optimal than a raw dps one, since combining crit Headshot with viral Procs is op as hell.

But regardless, any time someone posts a 'dps build' and runs dual stats over raw elements I cringe a little.

You said your build has 26k DPS, but i tried it on Warframe builder. And these are the stats:

64.19IMPACT

256.89PUNCTURE
321.08SLASH
770.61VIRAL (+)
12.87ACCURACY
1.90BULLETS
15.00FIRE RATE
8.4x|75.0%CRITICAL / BULLET
43.32%STATUS PROBABILITY
200MAGAZINE
3.00RELOAD
800.00AMMO
90%MULTISHOT
0.00AURA MOD DAMAGE
1412.77TOTAL DAMAGE
21191.55BURST DPS
17299.22SUSTAINED DPS

And my Soma build (Non-Prime[Yet])

42.48IMPACT
169.94PUNCTURE
212.42SLASH
764.71RADIATION (+)
382.36TOXIN
12.87ACCURACY
1.90BULLETS
15.00FIRE RATE
6.6x|75.0%CRITICAL / BULLET
12.86%STATUS PROBABILITY
100MAGAZINE
3.00RELOAD
540.00AMMO
90%MULTISHOT
0.00AURA MOD DAMAGE
1571.91TOTAL DAMAGE
23578.65BURST DPS
16261.14SUSTAINED DPS

not sure what you are trying to get at or how those numbers came to be, I might be wrong

but i just multiply all the damage by 8.4 then * 15

is that not what dps means :s?

not sure what you are trying to get at or how those numbers came to be, I might be wrong

Those are Burst DPS.

DPS are calculated basing on the Weapon Mag, Reload, Damage and Firerate.

Edited by DarkLordX2

Those are Burst DPS.

DPS are calculated basing on the Weapon Mag, Reload, Damage and Firerate.

so can i have the formula for the "dps"???

cuz im confused. dps stands for damage per second?

im beyond confused now, my meaning of dps has been twisted since the burning crusade (world of warcraft)?

Farmkros. 

what?

Edited by .DoG.

The synoid version. It is getting some fame as the strongest sidearm in the game, and I fully agree. I'm not expecting a nerf, really, considering it was buffed from something and DE rarely goes back on things like that, plus it takes a while to get it non plat (not going to comment on platwise).

Tho it may be considered by some the strongest side arm in game, I disagree. Its rate of fire is too slow, magnetic is really only good for corpus and void, doesnt really have a late game effect that the marelok, brakk or even hikou prime have. 

I am assuming you are multiplying by 8.4 for the crit? If so you are assuming that every shot is going to crit which is why your numbers are off.

Tho it may be considered by some the strongest side arm in game, I disagree. Its rate of fire is too slow, magnetic is really only good for corpus and void, doesnt really have a late game effect that the marelok, brakk or even hikou prime have. 

erm... it hits like a truck none the less

*At a greater distance, golf claps*

is this a complement or an insult ?

so can i have the formula for the "dps"???

cuz im confused. dps stands for damage per second?

im beyond confused now, my meaning of dps has been twisted since the burning crusade (world of warcraft)?

what?

Burst DPS is [damage_per_shot] * [magazine clip] / [the_time_it_takes_for_you_to_unload_your_whole_clip].

Sustained DPS is basically the same formula but with reload time added.

Hammer shot sucks btw. Any Single Element mod adds more damage even at 100% crit.

Replace the Hammershot with Cryo Rounds, and replace the Cryo Rounds already equipped with a single electric element.

Also you #*($%%@ up your Forma, nice job.

Jesus, it's like these people haven't even played this game before.

Hammer shot sucks btw. Any Single Element mod adds more damage even at 100% crit.

Replace the Hammershot with Cryo Rounds, and replace the Cryo Rounds already equipped with a single electric element.

Also you #*($%%@ up your Forma, nice job.

Jesus, it's like these people haven't even played this game before.

If you factor in the armor multiplier (i.e Corrosive has +75% mult against Ferrite), HammerShot will do more.

result from web is 100 % damage output from soma prime? if yes. its wrong. couz soma prime only out put 75 %. with out critical . its like 

a toothpick is shoot to monster 

Your trolling needs refining. I'd advise you to look at past attempts at trolling.

ANYWAY

As part of that huge balance-weapons-for-DE-with-GAMS project, I can show you folks the best Soma Prime build for maximum sustained and burst DPS (global maximum for those criteria is the same) assuming you use only one +fire rate mod:

Split Chamber

Serration

Heavy Caliber

Vile Acceleration

(+90% elemental mod)

(other +90% elemental mod)

Point Strike

Vital Sense

You are free to use Speed Trigger over Vile for better ammo economy but lower DPS.

You are free to use Shred over Vile for that nice punch-through.

You are free to drop +fire rate mods (not advisable) for another elemental mod, which nets you better damage per shot but much worse

DPS.

And yes, Soma has about 10% better sustainable but Boltor Prime has 10% or so better burst DPS.

Pick your poison.

If you factor in the armor multiplier (i.e Corrosive has +75% mult against Ferrite), HammerShot will do more.

Im pretty sure that is false due to the fact, but it instead has to deal with the fact that you aren't always doing that 60% extra critical damage versus that constant extra 90% elemental damage you could have instead or that constant fire rate increase. Personally, I'd use shred over hammer shot simply for the punch through which will allow me to deal damage to multiple enemies at once effectively spiking up my damage done per second.