The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

26K Dps Soma Prime! 3X Forma!

-FrostByte-

Ok im no expert on the best mod loadouts ever sicne dual stat mods came out. What is the most damaging build one can make on Soma prime? Is OP's current setup in his picture correct, or does it need altering?

That, and the forma. I never used forma before because I dislike re-levelling ,but since I adore Soma/Soma Prime so much, I may just as well forma it as my main.

Edited by Sorez

I'd strongly recommend replacing Heavy Caliber with Shred. Since the Soma is a crit-based weapon, headshots are essential - and I find that Heavy Caliber makes it very difficult to hit things at all, never mind on the head. Plus the added punchthrough allows you to mow down half a defense wave with one or two well-placed bursts.

Why would you do a heavy Cal? That's just killing me.

A Vile Acceleration costs less, requiring 3 forma, and also makes it 29k DPS while also not decreasing accuracy. Either replace the Heavy Cal with Vile Acc for much more accuracy and 29k DPS and a cheaper build, or replace Hammershot with Vile Acc for much less accuracy but 39k DPS. Yes, you heard, 39K DPS. I'd personnally go with the 29K DPS just because I don't think it's worth it to have all that damage with S#&$ accuracy, but to each his own. 

Why would you do a heavy Cal? That's just killing me.

A Vile Acceleration costs less, requiring 3 forma, and also makes it 29k DPS while also not decreasing accuracy. Either replace the Heavy Cal with Vile Acc for much more accuracy and 29k DPS and a cheaper build, or replace Hammershot with Vile Acc for much less accuracy but 39k DPS. Yes, you heard, 39K DPS. I'd personnally go with the 29K DPS just because I don't think it's worth it to have all that damage with S#&$ accuracy, but to each his own. 

But wouldnt vile acceleration give you less damage per bullet, meaning you'll waste more ammo?

But wouldnt vile acceleration give you less damage per bullet, meaning you'll waste more ammo?

Nope. Unless you miss alot of shots, which you only would if you had that Heavy Cal. This build has both a lower DPS and a lower accuracy than a build with Vile Acceleration. And even if you came from a regular Soma without Vile Accel, the Soma P with a Vile Accel runs out of ammo slower than that. 

Your trolling needs refining. I'd advise you to look at past attempts at trolling.

ANYWAY

As part of that huge balance-weapons-for-DE-with-GAMS project, I can show you folks the best Soma Prime build for maximum sustained and burst DPS (global maximum for those criteria is the same) assuming you use only one +fire rate mod:

Split Chamber

Serration

Heavy Caliber

Vile Acceleration

(+90% elemental mod)

(other +90% elemental mod)

Point Strike

Vital Sense

You are free to use Speed Trigger over Vile for better ammo economy but lower DPS.

You are free to use Shred over Vile for that nice punch-through.

You are free to drop +fire rate mods (not advisable) for another elemental mod, which nets you better damage per shot but much worse

DPS.

And yes, Soma has about 10% better sustainable but Boltor Prime has 10% or so better burst DPS.

Pick your poison.

answer my question :0 , did it -25%ding out yet ?from that result is you keep show everyone 

Nope. Unless you miss alot of shots, which you only would if you had that Heavy Cal. This build has both a lower DPS and a lower accuracy than a build with Vile Acceleration. And even if you came from a regular Soma without Vile Accel, the Soma P with a Vile Accel runs out of ammo slower than that. 

I dont quite understand it, since all vile acceleration does according to the wiki, is less damage, more fire rate. wouldnt you be wasting more ammo to get the same damage outcome as without it?

Im pretty sure that is false due to the fact, but it instead has to deal with the fact that you aren't always doing that 60% extra critical damage versus that constant extra 90% elemental damage you could have instead or that constant fire rate increase. Personally, I'd use shred over hammer shot simply for the punch through which will allow me to deal damage to multiple enemies at once effectively spiking up my damage done per second.

Even factoring in the crit chance, hammer shot + corrosive still outdps corrosive + 1 elemental mod or pure corrosive build.

I dont quite understand it, since all vile acceleration does according to the wiki, is less damage, more fire rate. wouldnt you be wasting more ammo to get the same damage outcome as without it?

The damage reduction is additive with all the other bonus damage from Hcal and Serration. So all in all, you loses out ~3% dmg per shot while gaining ~15% dps. I wouldn't recommend Vile Accel / ST, however, simply because it already has decent fire rate. Instead, slap a shred for punch trough or hammer shot for more damage per bullet.

Nope. You wouldn't be getting the same damage outcome, it's higher. 

Even factoring in the crit chance, hammer shot + corrosive still outdps corrosive + 1 elemental mod or pure corrosive build.

The damage reduction is additive with all the other bonus damage from Hcal and Serration. So all in all, you loses out ~3% dmg per shot while gaining ~15% dps. I wouldn't recommend Vile Accel / ST, however, simply because it already has decent fire rate. Instead, slap a shred for punch trough or hammer shot for more damage per bullet.

While I wouldn't recommend the shredas its FR increase isn't all too high, I do say keep the hammershot. I recommend not using Heavy Cal at all, since it's a waste of space considering you get higher DPS and accuracy with a cheaper mod (Vile Accel). So I'd say keep the hammershot and trade the Heavy Cal for a Vile Accel if you really want a high dps while still smart and efficient build.